Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

TOR Visual Equipment Site: tor-fashion down, time to make something new!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community
TOR Visual Equipment Site: tor-fashion down, time to make something new!

Haggardbr
01.07.2013 , 11:09 AM | #21
Just read a little bit but yeah, I'm one to say I can't wait to see this ready and working.

I also have a full set in my Sniper i would like to submit, it's the RD-07A Vendetta set (head is hidden) as you can see in the image below:

The rifle is a X-52 Wraith Infiltrator.

I'm also kinda role-playing another agent, an operative this time, Weskėr is his name, that I'm trying to dress him as much similar to Wesker from Resident Evil as possible.

And to finish, subscribed to this thread...
Albrey (Commando) >< Coplan (Vanguard) >< Aldrey (Gunslinger) >< Jhom (Scoundrel) >< Kadniss (Guardian)
Flynn's (Sniper) >< Groen (Shadow)

LadyAdmiral
01.07.2013 , 11:15 AM | #22
Quote:
I'm getting excited about this. I was never a fan of how Tor-Fashion was just kinda all jumbled together and you had to just scroll through the mass of images and names hoping to find something interesting.
Yes!!
Like I originally said, major props to tor-fashion for existing at all.. but dannnnngggg filters are awesome. You'll be able to filter by every single option listed on the original post (see the first page form screenshot for a more visual idea).

Quote:
I also have a full set in my Sniper i would like to submit, it's the RD-07A Vendetta set (head is hidden) as you can see in the image below:
Sweet!

I think I'll be setting up a thread in the next week or so so people can start submitting pics like you just did. At the moment I can't share the fancy form I use to put info into the database because it isn't very secure (aka you could add in a set called "***** *** ********'s Set of *****" with a 6MB image of a donkey attached) - but I could start collecting info/sets from you guys and start putting them in myself here and there.
"Light From A Few Can Be A Beacon To Many"

LadyAdmiral
01.08.2013 , 09:50 AM | #23

swtorista.com

Swtorista.com now has a landing page. Granted, it's just the test data that me and a guild member have been putting in for fun (aka Rev's Super Pants), but you're welcome to poke around!

Still working on cleaning up the data, last night I hustled the files over to the proper domain and worked on a logo. I also got Lightbox a workin' for the two gallery types.

The logo is a gear (representing customization) and part of the Republic symbol w/ purple to represent the Empire side of things (red's not my thing!). If you're curious about the design, I uploaded my messy logo sheet with a handful of variations: http://swtorista.com/swtorista.pdf

moiraesfate
01.08.2013 , 01:08 PM | #24
May I suggest making individual pieces searchable as well? It's great to have a full set, but honestly the full sets usually aren't that easy to get. Plus, allowing individual pieces to be searchable means that the person can select the pieces for how their toon looks. As well, add where to find/how to get the individual items, and how much they cost.

Hope that made sense.

Site looks good so far.

LadyAdmiral
01.08.2013 , 02:35 PM | #25
The way I figured it, it would be easier to set up the database and searches based on outifts rather than individual pieces. It would also mean a lot less maintenance.

For most sets, the how-to get each piece is exactly the same, and described in the "category" field. If individual pieces have seperate instructions, there's a special description field.

For the basic image uploads of the outfits, it would be nice to have individual pictures of each piece without the full set.

Another thing to help look for individual pieces will be the "item slot available" filter.. for example, you can show all outfits that include a helmet, or all that have a belt.

You can also submit unique items (like the Nihilus Mask) by themselves (it's still an outfit.. just an outfit with one item).

Ahhh I wrote a lot sorry

Voren_Kurn
01.08.2013 , 05:28 PM | #26
I kinda like the symbol you made in the lower left of the PDF. But I must say the one you went with does look cleaner with a minimalist approach. Overall though it's looking good so far!
<RELIC>
(Prophecy of the Five)
Republic US East PVE/PVP Guild
Official Guild Site

LadyAdmiral
01.09.2013 , 02:27 PM | #27
Thanks =) S'why I chose it over the more descriptive imp-pub ones.

---

I'm working on better support for individual items on the submissions page right now, so you can put in the cost of each instead of just the total cost.

LadyAdmiral
01.11.2013 , 11:37 PM | #28
Made some HUGE improvements to the main submission form, including armour weight and better item support.
The display page is cleaned up as well. Woohoo!
Time to start adding items.

LadyAdmiral
01.12.2013 , 12:32 AM | #29

And the first full set is up. (Elegant)

http://www.swtorista.com/outfit?id=23

Enjoy!

LadyAdmiral
01.12.2013 , 12:13 PM | #30
http://tor-fashion.com/

Tor fashion is back up. I think I'm still going to keep playing with this, though =)