Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

TOR Visual Equipment Site: tor-fashion down, time to make something new!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
TOR Visual Equipment Site: tor-fashion down, time to make something new!

LadyAdmiral
12.30.2012 , 01:11 PM | #1

www.swtorista.com

Hallo! My name's Cypher from the Jung Ma server, and I'm a web designer from Canada (eh?).

I'm looking to make a site to catalogue the visual looks of TOR's moddable equipment, relying on community submissions of images and items.

This is my progress, questions suggestions and comments thread. The site is currently accessible - but not finished! Here's where I'm looking to the SWTOR Community to throw in their two cents into this site. It's a weekend project being worked on by one person - but it's growing! Even just a post here saying you took a look makes me smile.

Add Your Own Images/Items to the Database here!

This first post has been edited. Sidenote: tor-fashion is no longer down, but I can't change the title.
"Light From A Few Can Be A Beacon To Many"

LadyAdmiral
12.30.2012 , 01:19 PM | #2

A stupid picture to Aloriana, Scya and Aravail from the Remnants of Hope on Jung Ma because this post is now empty.

zerorsw
12.30.2012 , 04:24 PM | #3
how about Swtor-Closet, or Torcloset
Ze'ro Gravity

LadyAdmiral
12.31.2012 , 10:07 AM | #4
^ Not a bad idea. gets the point across.

--

Just sharing some of my progress... I now have a form that adds basic info into the outfit database.

moiraesfate
01.01.2013 , 09:29 PM | #5
How close are you to opening the site?

LadyAdmiral
01.02.2013 , 12:12 PM | #6
Nowhere near is the quick answer :P

LadyAdmiral
01.03.2013 , 09:41 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TrumpetNut View Post
Hey guys. I made a thread about the "Containing Malicious software" thing and Dulfy said that the site is fine but the ads on the site where causing the issues. She has brought the issue to google's attention to get it unflagged. Just so you know.
Well this is interesting. I think I'm still going to keep working on this - from looking around, there was quite a few features the Dulfy site was missing that I'm trying to add - things like belts and bracers, all the new types of armour that are coming out, and the older orange armour from heroics and class quests.

moiraesfate
01.03.2013 , 12:22 PM | #8
I can't wait. One of the things I've wanted is a fashion site so it will be easier to choose what my toons are wearing. I was thinking of making one myself. But hey, I'll submit stuff if you get yours up and running.

LadyAdmiral
01.03.2013 , 12:49 PM | #9
Quote:
I can't wait. One of the things I've wanted is a fashion site so it will be easier to choose what my toons are wearing. I was thinking of making one myself. But hey, I'll submit stuff if you get yours up and running.
Hehe, sweet. I've had a lot of people who are interested in submitting - I think it will be ready for private submissions within the next two weeks.

--

I've now got a basic visual display of outfits up, and got a thumbnail upload working.
Next step is cleaning up the visual display, then creating the galleries to go with them.

LadyAdmiral
01.03.2013 , 02:16 PM | #10
More screenshots...

The way search results will look (there will be filters to the top/right)

Added tooltips to the upload form for more explanation.