Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Sorceror and Shock

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Sith Sorceror and Shock

Zantul
12.20.2011 , 08:41 AM | #1
Any sorcerors using this ability in pvp and it helping them? I just dont have it on my bar but interrupting a smiggler in the middle of his TRICKs seems like a MARVELOUS thing.

Have you used it in pvp succesfully?

Not? Why?
It is better to be feared than loved. Love is like a chain of obligation, and because man is sadly wicked it is broken at every opportunity to serve self interest. However fear is maintained by the dread of punishment which never abandons you.
Darth Venger Prophecy of the 5

Madgecko
12.20.2011 , 08:54 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Zantul View Post
Any sorcerors using this ability in pvp and it helping them? I just dont have it on my bar but interrupting a smiggler in the middle of his TRICKs seems like a MARVELOUS thing.

Have you used it in pvp succesfully?

Not? Why?
I simply have it as a rotation filler. I think it sucks personally BUT I have seen it crit for 1500 or so. It seems to hardly ever stun players though if at all.
The truth is usually relevant only to those who benefit the most from it. But that's not always true.

-Me

Drakaris
12.20.2011 , 09:07 AM | #3
Shock? Filler? Sucks? You mean the Shock that is instant cast on the move nuke which talented has a 45% to insta shock for additional 50% dmg? One of you don't have it on the bars? And the other says it sucks? Oh, wow... /facepalm
Vengeance Of The Fallen
Shalina

"Owning since 2003"
www.VoTF-online.net

Marrik
12.20.2011 , 09:23 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Drakaris View Post
Shock? Filler? Sucks? You mean the Shock that is instant cast on the move nuke which talented has a 45% to insta shock for additional 50% dmg? One of you don't have it on the bars? And the other says it sucks? Oh, wow... /facepalm
I was thinking the same thing...
Khrysis - Sith Inquisitor * Royce - Imperial Agent * Saleen - Bounty Hunter

Gaidax
12.20.2011 , 09:27 AM | #5
Shock does not stun players.
<=======35m of dead pixels====.===>
"You don't need to be a better shot - you just need to shoot more bullets!"

Varadin
12.20.2011 , 09:52 AM | #6
who cares if it stuns players, Its an instant cast...

DOT DOT, RUN AWAY instant cast, force lightning, instant cast run away....

Stay mobile and its one of your key abilities. As a madness build sorc its a god send. As a healer its great for tossing in some extra damage.

For PVE i can see this being worthless.

xilecorb
12.20.2011 , 10:05 AM | #7
One of my most used skills and one of the best for interupts.
Xile
~Sith Corruption Sorcerer~
JUDGE
http://judge.sithportal.com

Vislo
12.20.2011 , 10:16 AM | #8
Electrocute then that darkness dot then that green ability dot then chain lightning shield the lightning buff then force lightning and shock and force lightning, rinse and repeat. Basically if you stack the 3 DoTs of players at first their health falls very fast. Chain lightning being the other DoT.
The Protector's Of the Republic trailer Star Wars The Old Republic: The Protector's of The Republic The Empire Market SWTOR, The Sith Lords (SW & SI):The Sith Lords (SWTOR) Return trailer with iridescent lyrics!!!!!!!!!! PROUD OWNER OF A CE , DALLAS DICKINSON REMIX'D! Dallas Dickinson Remix'd

Madgecko
12.20.2011 , 10:31 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
Shock does not stun players.
"Shocks the target for 3558 - 4424 energy damage. Standard and weak targets are additionally stunned for 3 seconds."

I assume that a "target" refers to anything that qualifies as a "target". In my experience, it hardly ever procs.
The truth is usually relevant only to those who benefit the most from it. But that's not always true.

-Me

Madgecko
12.20.2011 , 10:34 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by xilecorb View Post
One of my most used skills and one of the best for interupts.
I don't see how it is "best" for interupts, it hardly ever stuns and the stun is conditional, electrocute and others are instant and work everytime.

-Me