Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Where do I get augment schematics?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Where do I get augment schematics?

BardMedicine's Avatar


BardMedicine
12.30.2012 , 07:33 AM | #1
The only ones for sale on the GTM are the tier 22 ones, how do I get the lower level ones? I assume they are found in one of the mission skills, but can't figure out which...

jamescloutier's Avatar


jamescloutier
12.30.2012 , 08:15 AM | #2
Slicing, tech parts missions.

DataBeaver's Avatar


DataBeaver
12.31.2012 , 02:06 AM | #3
They seem to be pretty rare now, mostly appearing with crits. Back when craftable augments were introduced, schematics dropped every three missions or something.

Draaconis's Avatar


Draaconis
12.31.2012 , 12:35 PM | #4
Wait...wait...wait. Can anyone use the schemtics? I was under the impression you had to be arms, armor, or synth. They get them from the vendor as they level.
ऄ█╬╬╬╬╬()╬█▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

psandak's Avatar


psandak
12.31.2012 , 05:33 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Draaconis View Post
Wait...wait...wait. Can anyone use the schemtics? I was under the impression you had to be arms, armor, or synth. They get them from the vendor as they level.
I think you are thinking of the augmentation kit schematics (the things you use to add augment slots to gear). the OP is talking about the augment schematics (the things you put into the augment slot in gear).

Slicing is the crew skill that generates the schematics for augments. You can occasionally find some of the lower level schematics on the GTM, but they tend to be more expensive than the "grade" 22 because they are less common. Furthermore, few players actually care about augmenting gear when they are leveling, so even if you can get the schematics off the GTM chances are you will only use them for yourself.

My advice, level a slicer or two, if you get augment schematics then good for you, if not don't worry too much about it. If you are a completionist - a player who wants EVERY schematic just because you can (I saw a LOT of these types of players in WoW) - I would suggest a change in attitude .

Sludgebuster's Avatar


Sludgebuster
01.01.2013 , 03:00 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post

My advice, level a slicer or two, if you get augment schematics then good for you, if not don't worry too much about it. If you are a completionist - a player who wants EVERY schematic just because you can (I saw a LOT of these types of players in WoW) - I would suggest a change in attitude .
Lower lever augments can sell for a pretty penny- as do their schematics. You won't be able to pull the cash you can for the endgame ones, but they are rare enough to get a good markup for rarity. As a slicer- I grind the T6 tech missions for the neural augmentors, so get plenty of Augment 22 schematics, I don't grind the lower missions, and haven't gotten any of the lower level ones...

psandak's Avatar


psandak
01.01.2013 , 07:23 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Sludgebuster View Post
Lower lever augments can sell for a pretty penny- as do their schematics. You won't be able to pull the cash you can for the endgame ones, but they are rare enough to get a good markup for rarity. As a slicer- I grind the T6 tech missions for the neural augmentors, so get plenty of Augment 22 schematics, I don't grind the lower missions, and haven't gotten any of the lower level ones...
I agree that one can make a decent amount of money off the lower level augments, but my advice still stands. Unless you are willing to invest a LOT of energy into the lower level slicing missions, the chances of any individual acquiring all the levels of all the augment schematics for a given crew skill is remote (there are 21 different grades of each of four or five different augments. That's 84 or 105 possible schematics to have to acquire via slicing or the GTM).

Having leveled two characters with slicing, I personally happen to have a significant number of the lower level augment schematics for synthweaving and armormech (and I am holding onto the schematics for those in armstech for the character I level with that crew skill). I have also made the effort to reverse engineer the schematics I do have to the advanced (purple) level of each one.

But while I do take advantage of the augment slots on my alts (both from crit crafting and from kits), I do not worry that the augments I am using are not 100% up to date based on the character's level - so what if I am using an augment that only requires level 33 when a character is level 44, it is still more of the primary stat than I would have without it.

L-RANDLE's Avatar


L-RANDLE
01.02.2013 , 09:28 AM | #8
If you are already Slicing 400, farming slice tech parts from grade 4-6 will net you all the augment patterns you would ever need, let alone the ones you get from leveling slicing.
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango