Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

WTS.. ooh, you'll have to wait 40mins for it..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
WTS.. ooh, you'll have to wait 40mins for it..

DonSkuzzie
12.21.2011 , 02:46 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Steww View Post
Instead of 40 minutes to craft it should just be a 40 minute cooldown before your companion can do another mission
This does indeed solve most of the problems, and isn't unrealistic.
I like the bounty board aswell tbh, where you can basicly spend some credits to post on it, where you then select an item you are looking for, and set your bid and time (and pay the amount you bid as you submit it).

Crafters can then look on this board and open up a list where they then see items they can make themselves, and get a list of people who are looking for the item, and there bids.
Like someone else named, reverse auction house.

Obviously the auction house will still be used for the world drops, materials, or just crafts but for more money then people on the boards are giving for it.

leejophi
12.21.2011 , 06:05 AM | #42
I really like the bulliten board idea that has been suggested. A place where buyers can post buy orders, and crafters could advertize their crafting skills. There is still need for the GTM, though. This is how I see it working...

As a buyer you would post a buy order for 'item X' at 'cost Y'
  • The buy order would cost a minimal daily rate to remain on the bulliten board (incentive to prevent rediculous requests and orders left open when they are no longer desired)
  • The buyer could opt to provide materials for the requested item, setting a deposit the crafter would have to pay to aquire the materials. (If the order is not filled, the buyer retains the deposit)
  • When a crafter decides to fill a buy order, they may choose not to use the buyers materials, avoiding the deposit cost.
  • When a crafter decides to fill a buy order, the buy order is removed from the bulliten board, and the buyer is sent an email informing them who picked up their order.
  • The crafter would have 24 hours to fill the buy order, after which the buyer may choose to cancel the order, and the deposit would be mailed to the buyer. (a buy order quantity limit would need to be imposed to avoid orders that would require more than 24 hours to complete)
  • Once the order has been filled the item would be mailed to the buyer, and the crafter would receive their payment + deposit.
Mentioned earlier, crafters could advertize their crafting skills through this bulliten board system as well. Though what I have in mind is a little different.
  • Crafters would enable a crafting flag and choose up to 5 schematics they are most interested in crafting. (maybe have an option to automaticaly enable/disable the flag on entering/leaving a major city)
  • When a potential buyer views the buliten board they are given a list of active players with their crafting flag enabled. It would show their name, location, crafting skill, crafting level, and their 5 advertized schematics.
  • The buliten board could be filtered by location, crafting skill, and level.
  • From there a potential buyer would wisper a potential crafter, "Could you craft 'item x' for me?" Starting a beautiful new relationship.

Also a good suggestion was a player rating system. Something that shows a players statistics. Like number of orders filled/canceled, PvP wins/losses, ect...
No mystical energy field controls my destiny.

MareLooke
12.21.2011 , 06:35 AM | #43
I agree with the billboard idea, I'll leave implementation ideas to those with more experience with such a system though.

Quote: Originally Posted by leejophi View Post
Also a good suggestion was a player rating system. Something that shows a players statistics. Like number of orders filled/canceled, PvP wins/losses, ect...
I'm going to say I don't think this is a good idea. It reminds me too much of WoW's achievement system where people are being valued on achievements (compare: win ratio in PvP) rather than on their actual qualities. Good traders/PvP-ers/... will obtain a reputation on the server quickly enough, as will bad ones... On top of that a rating system is way to easy to abuse, just look at the "arena rating boosting" going on in WoW and if you let people judge others it's only a matter of time before the "most reputable" people on the server are all Chinese gold farmers...
Alanya - Sorcerer [50]