Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

WTS.. ooh, you'll have to wait 40mins for it..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
WTS.. ooh, you'll have to wait 40mins for it..

Shadowclaimer
12.20.2011 , 11:54 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by GVBlackmoon View Post
Right up until the gold farmers start exploiting the market for profit which they are already working at doing. Demand should drive the market and it needs to be regulated change the auction hall to a consignment house where players place purchase orders and crafter's fill them if no one fills the order in time the game fills the order. The game also sets the price with a fee for the purchaser to suck some of the currency out of the game and the crafter gets a profit based on a percentage of what the item cost to make.
I never understood why games didn't do ordering systems, they're always so awesome.

I guess even if you could place a simplified order (I want an Orange Level 20-22 chestpiece heavy armor, with aim on it) that'd be better than nothing.
Brigade Commander Bravak Stukov of the Republic Assault Corps
==============================
Join the RAC today and save the galaxy from Empire scum!

Sakes
12.20.2011 , 01:18 PM | #22
I don't really see it as a problem. Keep some stock on hand or Mail it to them COD.

The fact that it takes time to create items has a lot of positive implications as well, and requires you to stock up on product ahead of time.

For example if I'm biochem and selling stims, I know during the weekends demand peaks with people playing more and raiding, so during the week I build up stock so if I sell out I can quickly resupply and corner the market while my competitors are waiting for their stock to be made.

Stewsburntmonkey
12.20.2011 , 01:31 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Sakes View Post
I don't really see it as a problem. Keep some stock on hand or Mail it to them COD.

The fact that it takes time to create items has a lot of positive implications as well, and requires you to stock up on product ahead of time.

For example if I'm biochem and selling stims, I know during the weekends demand peaks with people playing more and raiding, so during the week I build up stock so if I sell out I can quickly resupply and corner the market while my competitors are waiting for their stock to be made.
Relatively cheap to produce consumables are quite different than more permanent items of gear or mods. There is no practical way to stock up on all the items arms or armor crafters can produce, both in terms of the number of items and the cost of the high end purple and orange schematics.

Legionair
12.20.2011 , 01:42 PM | #24
How about being able to send my guys to craft a level x item token. This item token can be use to instant craft any item of its level or lower instant.

You can have it take more time or cost credits to make to level it out if they want. maybe even limit a person to like y number of tokens.

This will allow you to be able to sell items in real time in the trade channel without having to guess what people want.

gloryhunterprime
12.20.2011 , 01:58 PM | #25
The idea of a crafting "bounty board" is a great idea. Especially since the time to craft and item can be quite substantial.

If I want Schematic A I can place a "want ad" and someone can fill this or they can lock if for an hour but if they fail to craft they get a "black mark" and cannot lock a request for a day. Increase 12 hours with each failure to complete a locked request.

Kabilos
12.20.2011 , 02:43 PM | #26
I don't like the idea of penalizing someone on a failed craft. Sure your time is precious but so is ours and we have no control over whether or not our companion is going to fail a craft.

The board idea sounds awesome, but I am against penalizing someone for failing a craft.

Legionair
12.20.2011 , 02:57 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Kabilos View Post
I don't like the idea of penalizing someone on a failed craft. Sure your time is precious but so is ours and we have no control over whether or not our companion is going to fail a craft.

The board idea sounds awesome, but I am against penalizing someone for failing a craft.
You cant fail a craft only fail missions. He means you accept an order but fail to deliver. I still dont like the lock out idea. Like maybe do a rating system and if someone gets a lot of bad marks for any reason like failing to craft in a set time or just being bad at customer service.

Steww
12.20.2011 , 03:02 PM | #28
Instead of 40 minutes to craft it should just be a 40 minute cooldown before your companion can do another mission

Stewsburntmonkey
12.20.2011 , 03:07 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Legionair View Post
You cant fail a craft only fail missions. He means you accept an order but fail to deliver. I still dont like the lock out idea. Like maybe do a rating system and if someone gets a lot of bad marks for any reason like failing to craft in a set time or just being bad at customer service.
The other way to do this, which has been mentioned is to have the system set so that when you accept a crafting order your companion automatically starts creating the item and when done the item goes to the buyer directly, so you can't fail to deliver.

KetMalice
12.20.2011 , 03:25 PM | #30
Why not just do it the way it's been done for 20 years in MMO's? Why do people have to have Everything handed to them? That is one thing that sets great crafters apart from every other Joe Blow with the same recipe. You work the market and be a salesman....That is a huge part of the game for crafters.

Why the need to "Oh I have these mats, I should instantly create an item and go to a market, click a button, and sell it at a high price.