Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

WTS.. ooh, you'll have to wait 40mins for it..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
WTS.. ooh, you'll have to wait 40mins for it..

KetMalice
12.20.2011 , 10:35 AM | #11
How is this a problem? People will wait 40 minutes for a top tier item. Even if they didn't I still don't see a problem. It requires you to be a trader also. You should know what is desired.

Also right now you have to craft things to see their true stats. What it shows the stats as in the crafting window normally aren't the actual stats it's crafted at. A bug BW needs to get on top of.

KetMalice
12.20.2011 , 10:38 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by zanthorx View Post
I like the idea of a reverse Global Trade Market... I put up what I WANT crafted, and what I'm willing to pay for it. Then crafters can send their crew to do the deed and supply my need.

I'd also like to see some fashion to secure the craft with my materials transaction, because if I've gathered 300,000 credits in materials to have something made the last thing I want to do is pass it to a stranger, and hope I get my gear in an hour.
Sorry this is a TERRIBLE idea. Do you even understand how many hundreds of pages crafters would have to sift through? And that's why you use reputable crafters. Giving someone mats to craft an item isn't new to MMO's....

Stewsburntmonkey
12.20.2011 , 10:44 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by KetMalice View Post
Sorry this is a TERRIBLE idea. Do you even understand how many hundreds of pages crafters would have to sift through? And that's why you use reputable crafters. Giving someone mats to craft an item isn't new to MMO's....
Why would crafters have to sift though hundreds of pages?

Eve Online has the ability to place orders for items in this manner and it works fine.

Xobie
12.20.2011 , 11:02 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by zanthorx View Post
I like the idea of a reverse Global Trade Market... I put up what I WANT crafted, and what I'm willing to pay for it. Then crafters can send their crew to do the deed and supply my need.

I'd also like to see some fashion to secure the craft with my materials transaction, because if I've gathered 300,000 credits in materials to have something made the last thing I want to do is pass it to a stranger, and hope I get my gear in an hour.
This is the best idea I've ever read on the forums. It solves inflation, it solves the OP problem, it makes buyers happy, it makes crafters happy.
ﲄBalanced... only in your mind, Padawan.
Dawn of Chaos My free website pwns your free website in the face!
If you are reading this then you are the victim of my Mind Control force ability.

Nocturnalis
12.20.2011 , 11:13 AM | #15
Mod stations and craft station should
1. allow you to craft things instantly
2. give you a higher crit chance on crafting things.

I'm not sure what the purpose of those stations are now since you can mod and craft on the fly and from anywhere (with a wait time on items none-the-less). It would also make cities feel more alive. The options should be there if it isn't already planned.

Tirshatha
12.20.2011 , 11:14 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by DonSkuzzie View Post
This will make the tarde channel a lot more active.
I don't know, I think it's way more active than it needs to be as is.

Sarah_Kerrigan
12.20.2011 , 11:18 AM | #17
Big no to this.
Quote:
Please do not post in a font size that is considered to be disruptive and is used only to fill a page. This too is considered spam.
BIOWARE, Y U GIVE ME BIG, BEAUTIFUL FONT IF U HATE IT SO MUCH?????

Fuin-tor
12.20.2011 , 11:21 AM | #18
O.oa It takes 40 minutes to craft purple gear? I've only done the purple biochem thus far, but I believe it only takes me like 8 minutes to craft the purple lvl 25 stuff.
Also, if you're gathering the mats yourself and then crafting the gear... Why not just craft it first and then find someone to sell it to? Too much of a risk for you? If someone else is gathering the mats and having you craft it for them, there's always going to be a leap of faith taken whether it takes 5 seconds or 40 minutes to craft.

I do like the suggestion of adding a 'wanted' section with the item and price you're willing to pay though. It would make the link between crafters and buyers a lot better, in my opinion.

Shadowclaimer
12.20.2011 , 11:22 AM | #19
I vote no.

I may hate IRL analogies with economics in MMOs, but the truth is you have to try and sell it to see if there's a market for it. Which is part of it. I can create a few "test items" of red crystals, blue, and green and throw them on AH and whichever sells first I decide to craft a few extra of. I like that system much better than "I CAN CRAFT EPIC CRYSTAL PST" spam on trade chat. Its more realistic, and more money is "wasted" in general by people making useless stuff (thereby providing a counter for inflation).
Brigade Commander Bravak Stukov of the Republic Assault Corps
==============================
Join the RAC today and save the galaxy from Empire scum!

GVBlackmoon
12.20.2011 , 11:47 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadowclaimer View Post
I vote no.

I may hate IRL analogies with economics in MMOs, but the truth is you have to try and sell it to see if there's a market for it. Which is part of it. I can create a few "test items" of red crystals, blue, and green and throw them on AH and whichever sells first I decide to craft a few extra of. I like that system much better than "I CAN CRAFT EPIC CRYSTAL PST" spam on trade chat. Its more realistic, and more money is "wasted" in general by people making useless stuff (thereby providing a counter for inflation).
Right up until the gold farmers start exploiting the market for profit which they are already working at doing. Demand should drive the market and it needs to be regulated change the auction hall to a consignment house where players place purchase orders and crafter's fill them if no one fills the order in time the game fills the order. The game also sets the price with a fee for the purchaser to suck some of the currency out of the game and the crafter gets a profit based on a percentage of what the item cost to make.
"I would like to introduce you to my friend the airlock I suspect you will have good times together."

Guido Blackmoon