Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can a Fully Honed Mandalorian beat a Jedi?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Can a Fully Honed Mandalorian beat a Jedi?

Wolfninjajedi
01.06.2013 , 03:33 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Well yes, I would say a Jedi Knight = average and a Padawan = poor. But a Jedi Master = good/expert. However Mandalorian = good/expert as well. So they beat knights and padawans in that respect, and can go toe-to-toe with a Jedi Master (Neither Meetra nor Obi-Wan smacked their opponents down easily) Meetra Surik for one was one of the greatest Jedi of her age, equivalent to a Jedi Master. As was Obi-Wan, however arguably Jango landed as many blows as Obi Wan did in close-combat fighting, and Obi-Wan was defeated by two average Mando's without his saber.

And Jedi often put far too much dependence on their lightsabers, without then they often become far weaker if not defenseless. Its one of their big weaknesses. Which yes, makes them ever so slightly moronic.

EDIT: In the history of Star Wars losing ones lightsaber often leads to epic failing in combat.
As I recall Jango only landed a good headbutt in on Obi-Wan. As for him losing to the two average Mandos....it was 2 against 1, though that does seem off cause Obi-Wan handled himself very well unarmed against Jango.....eh w/e.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
01.06.2013 , 03:40 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
As I recall Jango only landed a good headbutt in on Obi-Wan. As for him losing to the two average Mandos....it was 2 against 1, though that does seem off cause Obi-Wan handled himself very well unarmed against Jango.....eh w/e.
Well Obi-Wan is the best of the best remember. And Jango managed to deflect most of his attacks and yeah, the headbutt. Still a fairly impressive perfomance. But again, in terms of skill they were equally matched, but Obi Wan beat him because his attacks were aided by the Force. Considering every Mando is trained to be as almost as good as Jango, I reckon the Force advantage could be overcome through pure skill (and if the Mando still has a blaster, well, another advantage)

I'd say that the only way a Mando can beat a Jedi is if he disarms him. And even then its not assured. I'm sticking with 85% though, as Mando's seem to be fairly proficient at disarming their enemies.

Wolfninjajedi
01.06.2013 , 03:43 PM | #63
Well Obi-Wan is the best of the best remember. And Jango managed to deflect most of his attacks and yeah, the headbutt. Still a fairly impressive perfomance. But again, in terms of skill they were equally matched, but Obi Wan beat him because his attacks were aided by the Force. Considering every Mando is trained to be as almost as good as Jango, I reckon the Force advantage could be overcome through pure skill (and if the Mando still has a blaster, well, another advantage)

I'd say that the only way a Mando can beat a Jedi is if he disarms him. And even then its not assured. I'm sticking with 85% though, as Mando's seem to be fairly proficient at disarming their enemies.
Edit: Wait nvrm rocket from Jango. Was unfair that Boba helped though! Using ship guns is so overkill.

Beniboybling
01.06.2013 , 03:46 PM | #64
Should note though, Obi-Wan only got disarmed cause Boba blasted him with Slave 1's cannons. :P
Actually it was Jango's rocket launcher, the Slave 1's cannons just rubbed in his failure.

Oh and remember when Bastila lost her lightsaber? Yeah, nuff said.

Wolfninjajedi
01.06.2013 , 03:47 PM | #65
Actually it was Jango's rocket launcher, the Slave 1's cannons just rubbed in his failure.

Oh and remember when Bastila lost her lightsaber? Yeah, nuff said.
Ya edited that bit, don't remember Bastila losing her saber? But then Bastila was kinda....meh, or at least she was that way to me anyway. She only seemed to be good, thanks to her Battle Meditation I don't really recall anything else that was noteworthy.

Beniboybling
01.06.2013 , 03:52 PM | #66
Ya edited that bit, don't remember Bastila losing her saber? But then Bastila was kinda....meh, or at least she was that way to me anyway. She only seemed to be good, thanks to her Battle Meditation.
What? That was like the whole big fat thing on Taris. Carth didn't stop going on about it, actually quite funny. Apparently it 'fell under her seat'. Basically she lost her saber and the Black Vulkar's captured her and locked her in a cage for a rather long time. /fail

Bastila is actually a pretty tough Jedi though (when she has her lightsaber) Otherwise Malak wouldn't have taken her on as his apprentice. She also held her own against 'height of power' Revan coupled with Juhani and Bindo - and managed to escape them.

But with out her lightsaber, a Mandalorian would kill her.

Wolfninjajedi
01.06.2013 , 03:59 PM | #67
What? That was like the whole big fat thing on Taris. Carth didn't stop going on about it, actually quite funny. Apparently it 'fell under her seat'. Basically she lost her saber and the Black Vulkar's captured her and locked her in a cage for a rather long time. /fail

Bastila is actually a pretty tough Jedi though (when she has her lightsaber) Otherwise Malak wouldn't have taken her on as his apprentice. She also held her own against 'height of power' Revan coupled with Juhani and Bindo - and managed to escape them.

But with out her lightsaber, a Mandalorian would kill her.
Oh that....ya now I remember, that was kinda stupid...its not like she couldn't just have used The Force or anything...but then again the Sith were all around so. *Shrugs* But should note, seeing as Jedi use their saber for pretty much anything the average knight or some fully trained jedi probably wouldn't focus too much on unarmed skills. Whereas the Knights/Masters who are actually smart, would do so just incase they found themselves without a saber.

Beniboybling
01.06.2013 , 04:08 PM | #68
Oh that....ya now I remember, that was kinda stupid...its not like she couldn't just have used The Force or anything...but then again the Sith were all around so. *Shrugs* But should note, seeing as Jedi use their saber for pretty much anything the average knight or some fully trained jedi probably wouldn't focus too much on unarmed skills. Whereas the Knights/Masters who are actually smart, would do so just incase they found themselves without a saber.
I agree, I think it would have been good if the OP specified what kind of 'Jedi' we were dealing with, as the come in all ranges of strength and power. Still I believe a Mando would spend a lot more time honing his unarmed combat skills than a Jedi would - they would be more focused in increasing their skill in the lightsaber and the Force. Even the smart ones wouldn't have time to hone their skills to a expert level, unless they were venerable masters who had lived for long enough. Again, age comes into this too, so many factors!

strykerxd
01.06.2013 , 04:53 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by pawnofevil View Post
Ok I'm going to say here since a lot are using jango and boba if any of you watched the clone wars or read about it you would know Jango stole Mando armor HE ISN'T A MANDO. Same with boba he is merely a cloned BH

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandalore Here is a list of mandalores. You will find jango and boba on that list. The clone wars confuses everything about mandalorians.

Beniboybling
01.06.2013 , 04:58 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by strykerxd View Post
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandalore Here is a list of mandalores. You will find jango and boba on that list. The clone wars confuses everything about mandalorians.
Why isn't Duchess Satine on there? Isn't she a Mandalore?