Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

World Bosses and Suggestions

Zendokun
12.30.2012 , 01:19 AM | #1
World Bosses are a very good part of the game. However, there are some flaws which could be improved in my opinion.

Unless you have a good guild or you are lucky to be on a server to have people form world boss groups .. most of the population never kill a world boss. These are some of the reasons people would not want/get to kill a world boss.

1. Didn't know there was a weekly
2. No groups forming
3. Reward is only for 4 people and random roll
4. Outlevelling the planet too fast to bother returning

1. Weekly
- not sure what it even rewards because I'm always missing one world boss for every tier .. the quest itself takes up log space which is already cluttered with heroics and planet quests. Plus it greys out as you outlevel the planet boss level.

2. No Groups Forming
- some guilds do run these for their lowbies but not all .. it happens when some 50 decides he wants to finish these bosses and gets a number of guildmates and then rallies the ppl on the planet. Doesn't happen too often in my runs. Maybe I'm just unlucky.

3. Reward is only for 4 people on a random roll
- 4 out of a raid of 12+ppl get to roll on some 4 random pieces of artifact gear which probably they will outlevel very soon and the rest just walk away with nothing after all the time spent waiting for grouping and finding people.

4. Outlevelling the planet too fast to bother returning.
- Now I'm 50 ... should I go kill SD-0 or The First? You know .. finish that grey Priority Target quest that's clogging the log journal? Rally a bunch of lowbies to kill it? So that more than half of them can walk away with nothing but the satisfaction that they were a part of a group that killed a world boss with the help of a 50?

Suggestion .. make world boss comms and encourage at level players to group together and tackle the boss. I'd rather have a raid group of level 16s to 17s working hard to down The First and all of us getting comms for achieving it than to have a twinked 50 come and help us complete the weekly with the 50 getting nothing .. and us getting a free ride. I mean the free ride is better than not doing it .. but I think you get the gist of what I mean.

Those comms can buy stuff .. u know .. good stuff .. not hideous gear or rehashed same model speeder with a few light bulbs on it. You know .. really new stuff that isn't only available through Cartel Coins.

Anyways that was my 2 cents of a suggestion. Feel free to rant as well.
Random Guilds
The Bastion

YeIIow
12.30.2012 , 03:09 PM | #2
jup i pretty much agree with every single word u say there pal, it would be cool not only to get some WB comendations as u said, but also if we actually could get some sort of trophy from the WB corpse, and we could hang it in our ships for example...
"Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"
o◙[//////////]ị:◙:ị{▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

Hassat-Hunter
12.30.2012 , 05:27 PM | #3
Yup... adding a codex entry would already help.
Maybe add 'world boss' option to the group finder, unlocked per boss if you find it. So grouping isn't a pain as it is.

Personally, I haven't bothered at all...

Kissakias
12.31.2012 , 01:14 PM | #4
from june till now, i spend lot of hours daily in fleet just to find 1 Pilgrim group.
not even one so far
Join us and earn gooood rewards using my referral http://www.swtor.com/r/ZvPhZd... Be a suber today!!
--39400--achievement points--

suneilr
12.31.2012 , 02:52 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Hassat-Hunter View Post
Yup... adding a codex entry would already help.
Maybe add 'world boss' option to the group finder, unlocked per boss if you find it. So grouping isn't a pain as it is.

Personally, I haven't bothered at all...
The world bosses have a codex

Quote: Originally Posted by Kissakias View Post
from june till now, i spend lot of hours daily in fleet just to find 1 Pilgrim group.
not even one so far
You'll never find a pug group for NP the nature of the fight is like doing an ec/tfb hm. Unless you want a wipe I'd advise you to avoid it completely.

What they should give the world bosses is a guaranteed 5-10 PLANETARY comm drop straight off the boss (plus what the weekly gives). Changing/increasing the gear drop is always going to be useless as the chance of it being useful to you is likely to be minimal.
< ToFN Not Good Enough> The Hod Legacy
Lvl 55 Sage - Xivioke || Lvl 55 Scoundrel - El'ara || Lvl 55 Vanguard - Cky || Lvl 55 Sentinel - Black-sun || Lvl 55 Commando - Slack'er

BlueArab
01.01.2013 , 10:40 AM | #6
Why is there no Krayt Dragon is my only concern with world bosses.

loztchild
01.01.2013 , 12:45 PM | #7
Bioware need to revamp the World Bosses mechanics and Loot table.

The World Bosses mechanics are too easy.They should have stacks like the Dreadtooth, the more you kill it the stronger it gets.After a number of stacks the Bosses should have new mechanics.

The loot table should be similar to Dreadtooth the more you kill a World Boss the better the loot gets.

Moreover, they should have like a Weekly for every 3 Bosses that would be turn in at the Fleet for good rewards.
Example: Mission One (Name of the mission) Kill the World Boss in Coruscant,Tatooine and Alderaan would give you 2 black hole Commendation per week.

This method would give players to want to fight every boss n every planet as a low level or high level.We wont have players just farming new bosses every new release of a new World Boss.

loztchild
01.01.2013 , 12:49 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by BlueArab View Post
Why is there no Krayt Dragon is my only concern with world bosses.
I'm sure the going to put it in as a Flashpoint Boss,Operation Boss or as a World Boss.Bioware probably haven't figure out which one of those 3 and on which planet and when to release it.I'm sure Bioware has a lot of things they want to put in but it's just not the right time to add them yet.