Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Knight VS Warrior Story Line

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Warrior
Knight VS Warrior Story Line

Snugglepie
12.29.2012 , 11:22 PM | #1
Animation and Faction doesn't matter to me but I am wondering for those of you have had played both or know a lot about both classes which is the "better" story (More twists and a better Plot). Thanks

ckoneful
12.29.2012 , 11:25 PM | #2
I liked the Warrior story more than the Knight, but that's mostly because the Knight story is terribly slow til Act 3 IMO.
73% Explorer60% Achiever53% Socializer13% Killer
55 Juggernaut 55 Operative 50 Mercenary 45 Sorceror
11 Sentinel 50 Gunslinger 52 Vanguard 55 Shadow
83% of Class Stories completed

Duduneco
12.29.2012 , 11:49 PM | #3
Knight is sooooooooo slow til Act 3

Warrior actually keeps you entertained with choking/killing everyone. I think it had a underwhelming ending, though.

Both are good stories, but you have to choose:

Slow, but picks up and has rewarding ending.

Or

Good all around, but has somewhat weak ending.
So a neutron walks into a bar and asks,"How much for a drink?" The bartender says, "For you, no charge."

Rygho
12.29.2012 , 11:50 PM | #4
They're both pretty good. The knight story has a major dramatic event played out in an extensive cut scene. I really enjoyed that. The warrior story spread out the dramatic build more consistently. I found the warrior climax slightly more interesting and satisfying. The warrior story was easily my favorite out of the 6 I've completed (I haven't done inquisitor yet and I'm still in chapter 1 for the trooper).

xegallo
01.02.2013 , 07:22 AM | #5
act 1 and 2 better warrior
act 3 better knight

Zaxem
01.02.2013 , 04:50 PM | #6
i actually liked the Act 1 knight better than warrior. Warrior act 1 felt slow to me until tatooine to me but warrior act 2 is better for sure i though act 3 warrior and knight were a tie imo they both were good.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

urborror
01.03.2013 , 10:50 AM | #7
I've played them both and Warrior is vastly preferable.

You will feel the boredom as a Jedi, even if you go dark side.

Let's say Obi-wan and Yoda were "wise old sages" who dispensed wisdom--that's basically what they do in the movies. They were also crotchety, misanthropic, a little angry, and unpredictable.

Now, take away the wisdom and basically take away any character traits. You have "Mace Windu" and "Qui-Gon Jinn," and the boring "monk" archetypes of the prequel trilogy. That's the Jedi characters in this, sadly. While KOTOR gave almost every Jedi character an edge (especially the protagonists,) they went the other way here. Bastila was an ice princess, and enticing, for classic story, love interest reasons--your female warrior Jedi companion is "spunky," here. That's all. Spunky.

You can kind of get into the story, or role-playing as a "good" Jedi, but you never, ever say anything wise. You never, ever reveal anything but a dull "zen," "good" outlook in your character interactions. And the character arc is "zen, good, dull"---->"zen, good, dull."

oakamp
01.03.2013 , 11:20 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Duduneco View Post
Knight is sooooooooo slow til Act 3

Warrior actually keeps you entertained with choking/killing everyone. I think it had a underwhelming ending, though.

Both are good stories, but you have to choose:

Slow, but picks up and has rewarding ending.

Or

Good all around, but has somewhat weak ending.
that's sounds like the yoda said something like :
faster but not more power.

wow, swtor is just so good at its class story, isn't it?

it is so pity that EA runs it at a bad end.
English is not my first language, still working on it.

jedimasterjac
01.03.2013 , 11:25 PM | #9
Warrior had 3 very big surprises while knight had... 2. Warrior also had minor surprises in there. However, both are great classes and I suggest you make time for both-- they are quite rewarding

--Your friend from Jung Ma,
Jaceiy/Laokeui.
"Perhaps you were expecting some surprise, for me to reveal a secret that had eluded you, something that would change your perspective of events, shatter you to your core. There is no great revelation, no great secret. There is only you."

―Darth Traya, to the Jedi Exile

Ardim
01.03.2013 , 11:27 PM | #10
In general, Warrior has more twists and better plot. Knight is incredibly slow, especially during Act 1, and it finally only starts to pick up at Act 3.

Warrior however, has a strong Act 1 and Act 2. Act 3 is underwhelming compared to the others, but in my opinion, it picks up a bit on Corellia, and the ending makes up for it.
The Alabaster Legacy
Server: Jedi Covenant
Isaac: Sith Marauder Skradin: Mercenary Washington: Operative