Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

*Shinarika - Shadow Acumen [Shadow / Assassin Training]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
*Shinarika - Shadow Acumen [Shadow / Assassin Training]

Liryc
01.04.2013 , 12:03 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by RankorSSGS View Post
I personally would never take the +50 force over either of the Stalker bonuses. Since our force regen is linear, +50 force only helps with the opener, and for Infil builds, Shadow's Respite more than covers that, and I never have real force issues with Balance builds, as their setup is not very force heavy. KC hybrids could benefit from it, but I still think either Stalker bonus would be far better.
yeah i dont really see the +50 force being any help either. Its the +15 crit to ds/cs which is interesting.

Does everybody realize you need 4 additional non-set bonus armorings to actually test either tionese set? i.e from bracers/belt or offhand??? its a crapload of work to get all those extra pieces just to run the test. plus 4 more augmented slots for the tionese. I know shin's working up something, but its more of a pain than you think!
Liryc [Infiltration Shadow] - Liraa [Sawbones Scoundrel]
Liryyc [Corruption Sorcerer]

Xinika
01.04.2013 , 12:49 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Liryc View Post
yeah i dont really see the +50 force being any help either. Its the +15 crit to ds/cs which is interesting.

Does everybody realize you need 4 additional non-set bonus armorings to actually test either tionese set? i.e from bracers/belt or offhand??? its a crapload of work to get all those extra pieces just to run the test. plus 4 more augmented slots for the tionese. I know shin's working up something, but its more of a pain than you think!
Yeah, this'll take a while to be honest
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action

Ryvirath
01.04.2013 , 02:49 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Xinika View Post
Yeah, this'll take a while to be honest
I ended up paying a couple mil to throw some 63 pve armorings in a couple pieces. It sped up the process (I'm impatient) and I kept a respectable amount of expertise (1250ish). Obviously the goal is to replace those with pvp armorings, but the difference isn't much.

Xinika
01.04.2013 , 03:09 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryvirath View Post
I ended up paying a couple mil to throw some 63 pve armorings in a couple pieces. It sped up the process (I'm impatient) and I kept a respectable amount of expertise (1250ish). Obviously the goal is to replace those with pvp armorings, but the difference isn't much.
I'm doing that too with the 52end/72wp armorings. 10 more wzs and I can afford one more EWH armoring to test it out.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action

Alhxor
01.04.2013 , 03:22 PM | #35
I run the +50 force bonus on dps set and I love it. Due to regen its 2-3 extra hard-hitting abilities instead of saber strikes and that's a lot when you need to kill anyone quickly, especially if he's beign healed/guarded in the process. Discovering its full potential takes a bit of practice as a tank hybrid but for deception it fits the playstyle naturally and you get more burst in every opener while stalkers set gives more burst only when FP is up.
Never tried balance in pvp though and it probably won't be a best choice for it, i usually run tank hybrids or 0/27/14.

For tank set I'm using PVE set bonus too (though using it for hutball only), 2% plain DR is pretty awesome in pvp.
Al'xor [assassin] | Kyr'amud [powertech] | Krsh [marauder] | Kersin [operative]
<Sithhiker's Guide to the Galaxy> Jung Ma

Xienive
01.04.2013 , 05:30 PM | #36
I have just recently starting playing the Infiltration/Balance build and I really do love it. I miss pull and my KD but played well it hits hard, really hard. I have seen only a couple other Shadows/Sins using it on the Ebon Hawk and most of them have no idea what they are doing with it.

I usually use this spec occasionally on Ancient Hypergate, offense on Voidstar and sometimes Civil war depending on how many tanks are in the group. Although when it comes to defending in Voidstar and Huttball, you can't beat Kinetic.

Overall though, my personal opinion is that 23/3/14 is the best spec overall. Having 3 points in Shadow Strike really adds to your dps, and will put you over the edge in duels. It makes a huge difference from just having 1 point in it. I only really take instant force lift in Huttball. Just my personal preference.
No disintegrations!
As you wish...

Thorriin
01.04.2013 , 09:07 PM | #37
Sorry if someone else has already asked this.

There's a talent that makes the dots from Dirty Fighting/Lethality apply a weaker version when they are cleansed. Is resilience supposed to cleanse both the main dot and the weaker dot?

The talent it self is called Nice Try/Lingering Toxins.
http://www.torhead.com/ability/2TQM17J/nice-try
Never Tell Us the Odds
Thorriin -- Scoundrel
Dao -- Guardian
The Bastion US PvP

Xienive
01.05.2013 , 02:49 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Thorriin View Post
Sorry if someone else has already asked this.

There's a talent that makes the dots from Dirty Fighting/Lethality apply a weaker version when they are cleansed. Is resilience supposed to cleanse both the main dot and the weaker dot?

The talent it self is called Nice Try/Lingering Toxins.
http://www.torhead.com/ability/2TQM17J/nice-try
I don't belive it clears the weaker one.
No disintegrations!
As you wish...

Ashikuro
01.05.2013 , 04:11 PM | #39
Big points for using a Leopold and His Fiction song!! Not a lot of people even know the band. I saw them 2 years ago and they were great.

Very cool video too. I just came back after a long break and am playing a shadow. Thanks for posting this.

Snugglepie
01.05.2013 , 05:18 PM | #40
Hey Shin! Glad to see you are back! After you took your 1st break from the game I took my break too which was around 1.1-1.2 ish maybe before, I was thinking about coming back so I had a few questions: Is the game any better than it was at the beginning of this year? Is there any major changes to Shadows that I should know? And is Ranked Gear easier to get yet, or do I still have to farm a whole week to get one piece?