Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

*Shinarika - Shadow Acumen [Shadow / Assassin Training]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
*Shinarika - Shadow Acumen [Shadow / Assassin Training]

Ryvirath
01.02.2013 , 02:55 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Xinika View Post
Right, I get it. I didn't realize it worked that way, and when I tested it patches ago, I forcibly used the old pieces with their armourings. Now that I understand that it can be modded, let me get to trying it out and tell you how it goes.

Edit: Seemingly this would be more of a choice for Balance-orientated specs, wouldn't it? Missing the 3 charges on Reck for infil or even KC specs kind of irks me.
That's what I thought. In retrospect the potency buff is pretty trivial comparatively. A KC build is going to be double slashing all day for the particle acceleration proc. 15% wins there. Balance or anything with the +50% crit damage is an easy win for the 15% buff. Even infiltration is going to open with two clairvoyant strikes and continue using them all game. You are basically talking about having one extra crit on demand versus having multiple crits occur. How many times do you typically use double slash/clairvoyant strike in a 75 second interval? Enough to easily counterbalance one extra on demand crit.

That's what I'm thinking at the moment anyway. It might change, but right now I'm delighted with it.

Xinika
01.02.2013 , 03:07 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryvirath View Post
That's what I thought. In retrospect the potency buff is pretty trivial comparatively. A KC build is going to be double slashing all day for the particle acceleration proc. 15% wins there. Balance or anything with the +50% crit damage is an easy win for the 15% buff. Even infiltration is going to open with two clairvoyant strikes and continue using them all game. You are basically talking about having one extra crit on demand versus having multiple crits occur. How many times do you typically use double slash/clairvoyant strike in a 75 second interval? Enough to easily counterbalance one extra on demand crit.

That's what I'm thinking at the moment anyway. It might change, but right now I'm delighted with it.
It seems to be a case of sustained vs burst, to be honest. Specifically with infil or infil hybrids. Nevertheless, I'll throw off the pre conceived notions and try it out for fair results.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN

RankorSSGS
01.02.2013 , 04:42 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Xinika View Post
It seems to be a case of sustained vs burst, to be honest. Specifically with infil or infil hybrids. Nevertheless, I'll throw off the pre conceived notions and try it out for fair results.
That's how I see it as well, as stated in my earlier post. Which is why I use the PvE bonus for Balance, and the PvP bonus for Infil.

Some good discussion here, seems like everyone is learning some good stuff
Vesharia, Zannáh, Xeshara Retired due to broken class
Jetii'ka - Combat/Focus Bloodfrenzie - Carnage/Rage
Pot5/Bastion

Sylvatica
01.02.2013 , 05:13 PM | #24
Have you thought about setting up a stream? ^^
Chuundar PVP EU
Fus Ro Dah =

PseudoOne
01.02.2013 , 06:33 PM | #25
The PVE set bonus is a must for kinetic hybrids and balance shadows. The PVP set bonus is better for Infils.
Dalborra
50s: Ewa - Shadow, Sion - Juggernaut, Atton - Scoundrel, Atrisa - Sentinel, Hypori - Vanguard

Okema
01.03.2013 , 01:05 AM | #26
I've got a terrible headache, so please correct me if I talk utter non-sense, but I'd think taking the 15% crit on DS isn't that bad an idea for Balance, or hybrid specs that involve either Kientic or Balance. For Infil I don't know. A guildie has been running the 50+ force set for Waka-jinn, and I'm inclined to think, that depending how much up time you have, that that bonus set isn't that bad of an idea for infil specs, especially Waka-jinn, but again the effects might be negated by Shadow's respite. Thinking is hard atm, headache! Obviously, testing would have to be done..

I know, it's a rather off-topicy question and I'm sure I'd have figured it out without that terrible headache (ahem, cough, cough), but Xin, what did you mean with the 39% on force attack crits, when you talked about DS crits?

Edit: Forgot to talk about full Kinetics and why I think the PvP set bonus is favorable:
In my opinion in Kinetic you can get a maximum of 2 DS out before you should proceed with your normal rotation, as you'll loose time and too much force. You're not that dependant on the PA proc, and the priority should be to get your TKT going in a timely manner. One could argue though, that the +50 force set might also be worth getting for full Kinetics as you'd be able to fish for the PA proc a bit more, but you can't put in the pressure you need when you just keep on DSing for the proc.

Thanks!

Liryc
01.03.2013 , 11:42 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Okema View Post
I know, it's a rather off-topicy question and I'm sure I'd have figured it out without that terrible headache (ahem, cough, cough), but Xin, what did you mean with the 39% on force attack crits, when you talked about DS crits?
i believe she is assuming you're at 30% crit from gear and buffs then force synergy procs and you get +9% melee crit

force synergy talent (1st row balance tree)
critical hits increase melee critical chance by 9% for 10 seconds.
Liryc [Infiltration Shadow] - Liraa [Sawbones Scoundrel]
Liryyc [Corruption Sorcerer]

Ryvirath
01.03.2013 , 12:05 PM | #28
Can we get some more people to chime in on the recklessness bonus vs the 15% crit chance vs the +50 force.

Okema
01.03.2013 , 12:10 PM | #29
You're absolutely right of course Ryvirath .

RankorSSGS
01.03.2013 , 04:39 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryvirath View Post
Can we get some more people to chime in on the recklessness bonus vs the 15% crit chance vs the +50 force.
I personally would never take the +50 force over either of the Stalker bonuses. Since our force regen is linear, +50 force only helps with the opener, and for Infil builds, Shadow's Respite more than covers that, and I never have real force issues with Balance builds, as their setup is not very force heavy. KC hybrids could benefit from it, but I still think either Stalker bonus would be far better.
Vesharia, Zannáh, Xeshara Retired due to broken class
Jetii'ka - Combat/Focus Bloodfrenzie - Carnage/Rage
Pot5/Bastion