Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Lightning Barrage (mistake in skill tree description)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Lightning Barrage (mistake in skill tree description)

Sadishist's Avatar


Sadishist
12.29.2012 , 01:09 PM | #1
Lightning Barrage (in the Lightning skill tree for sorcerer)
Quote:
Affliction's critical hits have a [50 / 100]% chance to grant Lightning Barrage, causing your next Force Lightning to channel and tick twice as fast. This effect cannot occur more than once every 10 seconds.
It should be lightning strike, not affliction.

MantorokTwelve's Avatar


MantorokTwelve
12.29.2012 , 01:46 PM | #2
Why on earth would you want that? Your affliction should be up 100% of the time if you're lightning spec, it would be a nerf to have LB work on lightning strike instead of affliction.

schnopsnosn's Avatar


schnopsnosn
12.29.2012 , 02:03 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by MantorokTwelve View Post
Why on earth would you want that? Your affliction should be up 100% of the time if you're lightning spec, it would be a nerf to have LB work on lightning strike instead of affliction.
Actually this would be quite the buff.

MantorokTwelve's Avatar


MantorokTwelve
12.29.2012 , 02:35 PM | #4
You're saying crits on your 1.4 second cast ability are more of a likely proc than crits on your DOT that should always be up? LS gets no crit benefit over affliction, there's no reason LS would be better.

schnopsnosn's Avatar


schnopsnosn
12.29.2012 , 03:00 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MantorokTwelve View Post
You're saying crits on your 1.4 second cast ability are more of a likely proc than crits on your DOT that should always be up? LS gets no crit benefit over affliction, there's no reason LS would be better.
Yes, because Affliction only ticks every 3 seconds.

verfallen's Avatar


verfallen
12.29.2012 , 04:11 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by schnopsnosn View Post
Yes, because Affliction only ticks every 3 seconds.
Would be a nerf to the hybrid, for not much of a buff to pure lightning.

Affliction 2 targets, and you get LB passively going on with little delay.

Overall bad idea, safe for people who thinks hybrid should not be possible, to which i disagree.

schnopsnosn's Avatar


schnopsnosn
12.29.2012 , 04:15 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by verfallen View Post
Would be a nerf to the hybrid, for not much of a buff to pure lightning.

Affliction 2 targets, and you get LB passively going on with little delay.

Overall bad idea, safe for people who thinks hybrid should not be possible, to which i disagree.
Doesn't affect me on most boss-fights.

Sadishist's Avatar


Sadishist
12.29.2012 , 06:49 PM | #8
This is not a suggestion topic!!!!!!!!!

It's a bug report one. Lightning strike critical hits activates lightning barrage, NOT affliction!!!!!!!

Test it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

verfallen's Avatar


verfallen
12.29.2012 , 07:19 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by schnopsnosn View Post
Doesn't affect me on most boss-fights.
You still get it, often enough, unless you went all power no crit.

At any rate, its not going to change the rotation much, nor will you gain much efficiency with it.

It will however break 0/13/28 and in a lesser extent 0/18/23.

Any corruption/lightning hybrid would be hit rather hard.

All of this because pure lightning players want a small working part of the LOWER tree to be slightly more atuned to them?

If it was broken, ok maybe, but its not the case. One more LS or two if barrage is being stubborn won't break your dps.

schnopsnosn's Avatar


schnopsnosn
12.29.2012 , 07:29 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Sadishist View Post
This is not a suggestion topic!!!!!!!!!

It's a bug report one. Lightning strike critical hits activates lightning barrage, NOT affliction!!!!!!!

Test it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tested it, it does not.

@verfallen:
Oh certainly, no argument from me there.
However it would be a DPS-increase for pure Lightning.
That this would break anything else is a whole different story...