Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bubble Spec?

Swissbob
12.29.2012 , 11:58 AM | #1
I already posted in the consular forums, but I figured I'd post here as well.

I see tons of people here complaining about how annoying the "bubble spec" is. What exactly is it? Could a helpful forum-goer post me a basic "bubble spec" and tell me why it' so annoying?
______________________Guild Master____________________
<The Nightmare Legacy><The Horizon Legacy>
_________________The Shadowlands

MantorokTwelve
12.29.2012 , 12:00 PM | #2
I don't PVP, but I assume they use the backlash ability from the lightning tree for sorcs to turn everyone on the team into a walking flash bang grenade that doesn't break on damage. Dunno if it effects resolve, but it sounds OP regardless.

TheNahash
12.29.2012 , 01:02 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Swissbob View Post
I already posted in the consular forums, but I figured I'd post here as well.

I see tons of people here complaining about how annoying the "bubble spec" is. What exactly is it? Could a helpful forum-goer post me a basic "bubble spec" and tell me why it' so annoying?

The "bubble spec" is a Corruption/Lightning hybrid that sacrifices our aoe heal and some of the higher Corruption skills for extra survivability skills from the Lightning tree. I think the spec is this.

It's annoying because it has both Backlash and Electric Bindings. What people find annoying about it is mainly the fact that the effect of Backlash ( Stun on bubble break) applies to everyone you bubble and not only to bubbles you cast on yourself. So, meleers find it annoying because they keep getting stunned every time they break not only your bubble but also the bubble you've cast on any of your allies.

MantorokTwelve
12.29.2012 , 01:14 PM | #4
What's the effect on resolve?

TheNahash
12.29.2012 , 01:21 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MantorokTwelve View Post
What's the effect on resolve?
Let's just put it this way: not what it's supposed to be.
Mods have answered in other threads concerning the bubble stun and have said that they intend to "address" the issue. Knowing Bioware, this "address" will probably be a nerf without giving us anything in exchange for losing a very important survivability tool that we obviously need, but a guy can hope right?