Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Legacy System Feature] Mirror Class/Adv. Class Animaion/Ability Swapping

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
[Legacy System Feature] Mirror Class/Adv. Class Animaion/Ability Swapping

TalonVII
12.29.2012 , 08:32 PM | #11
Problem is, with the game mechanics and certain classes need certain weapons to use certain abilities like the commando.

He NEEDS that cannon to do half is abilities like grav round or charged rounds. Until you get around certain problems like that, then i don't see an issue with doing this.

Until this happens the feasibility of a method like this, i just don't see the likelihood of this happening.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquisitor, Smuggler

KillaDeuce
12.29.2012 , 09:09 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
Problem is, with the game mechanics and certain classes need certain weapons to use certain abilities like the commando.

He NEEDS that cannon to do half is abilities like grav round or charged rounds. Until you get around certain problems like that, then i don't see an issue with doing this.

Until this happens the feasibility of a method like this, i just don't see the likelihood of this happening.
I don't think you fully read my post or missed something. I am not saying to just swap the weapons. Of course that would not work.

My idea was to allow Mirror Adv. Classes (ie. Vanguard = power tech ) to swap animations, abilities and weapons. The only thing you keep is your armor style. A trooper still looks like and has Trooper armor. Same for a Powertech.

You would just be a Powertech but using the vanguards animations and abilities with a Rifle.

That is more straight forward. In more detail in the OP.
Situational Awareness: improve your Unranked WZ experience
Charric - sniper - POT5 / Bastion
Verbäl - PT - POT5 / Bastion

Darkchip
12.29.2012 , 09:10 PM | #13
All they would need to do is change afew of the animaions for the new weapons which isn't to hard to do but it will take time to do. I would imagion that would be about 2-3 weeks for them to do it if they really wanted to get it out there.
this would also be another thing to encourage running alts of every class and adv class since i know alot of people like one side but love the weapons on the other side i know i would love to be able to use a rifle on my PT but am using a pistal and for my OPS i would rather use a pistal then a rifle since that would make more sence for a melee class to use since a pistal is ment to be a close to mid range weapon while a rifle is ment to be a mid to long range weapon.
this would just give us more customasion we could do which is always ok in my book but the biggest thing i want to see before any of this comes out is for them to fix the gear for twi'leks since the cliping is just so gosh darn awful and i'm shocked that they havn't fix it yet and this has been a issue since day one.
If they can't even fix that then i don't think they will be putting this in which is really sad since this would be awosome.

KillaDeuce
12.29.2012 , 09:12 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by _biddan_ View Post
you don't know what i mean,i say that i'd roll a vanguard to UNLOCK the animation for the powertech.
Sorry my bad I completely read that out of context. You were right on track with what I was thinking.

Amyas
12.30.2012 , 01:36 AM | #15
I love this idea!

Elmerpl
12.30.2012 , 03:11 AM | #16
I'd have to say no, IMHO it would bring to much chaos to some parts of the game, PvP for example, when you run a pub, go around the corner and see someone using flamethrower you take it for granted that it's an imperial scum and react accordingly, and imagine how disappointed you would be to pop your cd just to learn it was your fellow trooper. Another thing it would suffer in logical sphere, especially since you don't want to swap armors, and most of BH sets have a special design of left hand sleeve/glove area where all the cool gadgets are that justify using the rail shot or flamethrower, trooper would just look strange spitting fire from his unmodded plain glove, the other way it would work ok since most trooper animations are linked to his/her weapon, except that on some sets BH would end up hauling an over sized jetpack for no apparent reason other than to give him a massive back ache. Last a field trooper going on a mission with just a pistol, it just doesn't fit, I know line officers in most games/movies carry a handgun, but that's a lot of BS in my opinion, in reality they usually carry a standard gun as well, unless they only stay at HQ, and special forces with just a hand gun... the special here goes for - special purpose, well trained and well armed, and not as "in need of a special care".
So to sum it up, sorry mate, no.

nuff said

KillaDeuce
12.30.2012 , 10:12 AM | #17
Some good points. Some of which I thought about myself when making this thread. Some of which are already happening in the game with the right animations on the right Adv. Classes. And some of which you yourself said take place in the movies. Thank you for the feed back though. When even not agreeing with someone you bring more and better ideas to that someone.

Quote: Originally Posted by Elmerpl View Post
I'd have to say no, IMHO it would bring to much chaos to some parts of the game, PvP for example, when you run a pub, go around the corner and see someone using flamethrower you take it for granted that it's an imperial scum and react accordingly, and imagine how disappointed you would be to pop your cd just to learn it was your fellow trooper.
This is true for some people but not everyone. Myself, I go based off the color of the name. It is a dead give away who you are fighting. :-P

Another thing it would suffer in logical sphere, especially since you don't want to swap armors, and most of BH sets have a special design of left hand sleeve/glove area where all the cool gadgets are that justify using the rail shot or flamethrower, trooper would just look strange spitting fire from his unmodded plain glove,
This already happens in game for every Bounty Hunter up to about level 35 - 40. Which is around the level you start seeing those BH gloves that you speak of. That is pretty far into the game. Half way or about two thirds through depending on what content you are running when leveling. No one has yet to really make a big stink about it.

Now it may be more obvious when happening with a guy in Trooper armor. Or it may be the same deal and the majority of people don't care or notice.\

This was something I thought about when writing this topic. Myself I don't thing it will be a big deal for "most" people.

the other way it would work ok since most trooper animations are linked to his/her weapon, except that on some sets BH would end up hauling an over sized jetpack for no apparent reason other than to give him a massive back ache.
I have went over this a few times now but not necessarily here in this certain way. If you put all the animations, abilities, and weapons (entire set) of the Vanguard onto the Powertech it will work fine. You will have the rifle for all the animations to run with.

With the Jet pack, We already run around with it being useless. We only have 2 abilities that use it.
-Jet charge
You have to spec for in tanking tree. The Trooper animation for this looks pretty much the same so not a big problem.

-Death from above
It is a shame you would have to give up to have a rifle. I think it would be worth it.

But yes, The jet pack is already a waste currently for the most part.

Last a field trooper going on a mission with just a pistol, it just doesn't fit, I know line officers in most games/movies carry a handgun, but that's a lot of BS in my opinion, in reality they usually carry a standard gun as well, unless they only stay at HQ, and special forces with just a hand gun... the special here goes for - special purpose, well trained and well armed, and not as "in need of a special care".
No argument here I agree with you. They do it in the movies and also a lot in the Clone Wars series. And being a game we all know logic does not work right. This is not for reality. :-P

_biddan_
12.30.2012 , 08:08 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by KillaDeuce View Post
Sorry my bad I completely read that out of context. You were right on track with what I was thinking.
no problem,sometimes it's hard to understand completely what's only written.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

KillaDeuce
12.31.2012 , 11:33 AM | #19
I must have a decent idea here. No troll post yet.. o.O Very unlike this forum.

_biddan_
12.31.2012 , 08:39 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by KillaDeuce View Post
I must have a decent idea here. No troll post yet.. o.O Very unlike this forum.
wait and see,wait and see...
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50