Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Empty server

Darnei
12.28.2012 , 11:59 PM | #1
Let me open this thread by saying this is not a Hate thread. Rather it is a request, Jung Ma is a DEAD SERVER. I once spent over 2 hours once looking for Pvp within a different faction zone to no success. Please allow characters to transfer to more populated servers or merge servers with Jung Ma. I decided to standby this game until more people join the server. Making and leveling another character from 1-50 takes too long & its dreadfully boring having to wait years before a flash point or a Pvp kill in this Server.

Bioware, if you are reading this, please do something about it, you are losing faithful players & subscribers.

SithVeritas
12.29.2012 , 05:58 AM | #2
Jung Ma will never be merged, it's the only one of it's kind.

BioWare is ''actively pursuing'' server-transfers, so don't count on that to help you out any time soon.

There's a dev-tracker post where they said they're aware of the low population problems and are going to wait and see if F2P fixes it.

In any case, no one's going to help you in any way.

You could do what I do, I play up to 2 hours on Jung Ma during prime time, because there's enough people to get my PvP daily done at that time, and spend the rest of my time on the Ebon Hawk.

VedrixSorio
12.29.2012 , 08:09 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SithVeritas View Post
Jung Ma will never be merged, it's the only one of it's kind.

BioWare is ''actively pursuing'' server-transfers, so don't count on that to help you out any time soon.

There's a dev-tracker post where they said they're aware of the low population problems and are going to wait and see if F2P fixes it.

In any case, no one's going to help you in any way.

You could do what I do, I play up to 2 hours on Jung Ma during prime time, because there's enough people to get my PvP daily done at that time, and spend the rest of my time on the Ebon Hawk.
Could just merge it with a high pop PvP server and put a RP tag o nthat new server. 98% of the rp server doesn't rp. I don't think it'd matter. Offer xfers to a RPPVE and a plain PvP.

Only problem is BW/EA don't know how to communicate or listen effectively to make a successful choice.
Falx Severo -- The Guardians

SithVeritas
12.29.2012 , 08:48 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by VedrixSorio View Post
Could just merge it with a high pop PvP server and put a RP tag o nthat new server. 98% of the rp server doesn't rp. I don't think it'd matter. Offer xfers to a RPPVE and a plain PvP.

Only problem is BW/EA don't know how to communicate or listen effectively to make a successful choice.
At this point merging with a PvP would in my opinion cause more negativity than positivity.
Both have established communites who know what they want. If RP-PvPers wanted to be around PvPers they'd play on a PvP server to begin with, same thing goes the other way around of course.

As for transfers, Jung Ma is/was the perfect server for people who wanted both PvP and RP and didn't want to compromise. The day they add transfers or merge this server is the day that kind of player gets screwed over. It's sad.

LadyAdmiral
12.29.2012 , 12:33 PM | #5
Quote:
As for transfers, Jung Ma is/was the perfect server for people who wanted both PvP and RP and didn't want to compromise. The day they add transfers or merge this server is the day that kind of player gets screwed over. It's sad.
It's true. Most RP-PvPers also understand that a different kind of person signs up on a RP-PvP server t'start with.

I'm unsure what would help the server grow in population, and how much F2P will help.
"Light From A Few Can Be A Beacon To Many"

SithVeritas
12.29.2012 , 04:01 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyAdmiral View Post
It's true. Most RP-PvPers also understand that a different kind of person signs up on a RP-PvP server t'start with.

I'm unsure what would help the server grow in population, and how much F2P will help.
Yeah. Once I realized this I stopped whining for BioWare to take action. If anything I'm bringing my characters on other servers to Jung Ma when I get the option to.

WaywardOne
12.30.2012 , 03:48 AM | #7
I think the window for a merge has passed: Jung ma has a lot of f2pers - it's not near death in that arena. End game is having problems, which actually seem to be getting worse - I would jump at a transfer option. But the starter and intermediate worlds are very active even now.

LadyAdmiral
12.30.2012 , 11:20 AM | #8
Quote:
I think the window for a merge has passed: Jung ma has a lot of f2pers - it's not near death in that arena. End game is having problems, which actually seem to be getting worse - I would jump at a transfer option. But the starter and intermediate worlds are very active even now.
Which means at least some of said F2Pers will eventually level up to max level and subscribe.
I guess we're all kind of waiting to see exactly how many will, instead of just finishing Tython and leaving.
"Light From A Few Can Be A Beacon To Many"

-Noddegamra-
12.30.2012 , 11:23 PM | #9
Sadly, I will probably jump servers when it becomes available. It just takes so long to get flashpoint queues.

sirRiathamus
12.31.2012 , 09:18 AM | #10
Hey guys, new player here.

I'm also having problems finding people to play with, specially because my time doesn't match with server hot time, so while I'm still 19, I wanna create a character in a better populated server...

It's a bit sad because the people in this server (at least in Coruscant...) are very friendly. Oh well.

So, what server do you suggest?