Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dreamed up a PvP scenario

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Dreamed up a PvP scenario

Diplomaticus
12.28.2012 , 07:06 PM | #11
Devs!

Read!

Approve!

HIRE!!

I could have fun in this. Make the terrain a bit more creative than the maps other than Huttball (the best maps ime are the ones that have everything: ledges, cramped spaces and open terrain).

Allronix
12.28.2012 , 08:55 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Zunayson View Post
How would we stop teams from getting all three prisoners from the cells at once? Sort of like how we can get energy cubes all at once. CTF has always been 1 by 1.
As I mentioned, I was dreaming, so that detail did not come up, but I suppose you could make it so that opening one cage causes the other 2 to jam for a 20 second lockout. That's enough time for the other team to hear the inevitable alarm, get wind of the escape attempt, and try to nail anyone in their base before they get too far.

It could also be left alone; in the Voidstar scenario, one can technically rush in and bomb both doors, but that's so rare in practice as to be almost impossible. Besides, the other team will also be rushing YOUR base trying to grab your prisoners, so a portion of your crew will have to be on defense.
Alylia Terel of Guild Meridius, Bergen Colony
Meridius: Offering Assistance to Friends of the Republic. World Bosses, Imperials, and Sith defeated. Datacrons procured and worlds explored.

cashogy
12.28.2012 , 09:00 PM | #13
this is a cool idea for a multi-CTF type map.

fungihoujo
12.28.2012 , 09:03 PM | #14
I wanna throw people... we should make the prisoner a jawa so we can punt it like a football (soccer ball).

Seriously though- something interesting would be nice, with actual use of things like turrets, even minions.

My all time favourite mmo pvp is still old school Alterac Valley- I'm talking when it lasted two days and wasn't a simple race to the boss.

Something with minions, forces, gathering, turrets, ships, etc... that feels like real war would be awesome.

Zunayson
12.28.2012 , 10:30 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Allronix View Post
As I mentioned, I was dreaming, so that detail did not come up, but I suppose you could make it so that opening one cage causes the other 2 to jam for a 20 second lockout. That's enough time for the other team to hear the inevitable alarm, get wind of the escape attempt, and try to nail anyone in their base before they get too far.

It could also be left alone; in the Voidstar scenario, one can technically rush in and bomb both doors, but that's so rare in practice as to be almost impossible. Besides, the other team will also be rushing YOUR base trying to grab your prisoners, so a portion of your crew will have to be on defense.
Yeah the cells going on super-lockdown when they get undone. Or possibly 5 seconds until lockdown where you get a window to do multiples.

If your cells are locked down (Cause you were stolen from) then you cannot return your prisoners because... the cells cannot be opened to put people inside.

Brainstormin'
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

Allronix
01.15.2013 , 04:14 AM | #16
I put this warzone idea in the suggestion box.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=586074
Alylia Terel of Guild Meridius, Bergen Colony
Meridius: Offering Assistance to Friends of the Republic. World Bosses, Imperials, and Sith defeated. Datacrons procured and worlds explored.

Smashbrother
01.15.2013 , 04:41 AM | #17
I'd be fine with this as long as all the prisoners are located in the same area, so we don't have to have poor saps guarding the "off-node". This game doesn't need more maps that require someone to sacrifice their fun for the greater good.

Saradain
01.15.2013 , 04:48 AM | #18
This seems great, so it will probably never be introduced in the game.

adiwantinova
01.15.2013 , 08:42 PM | #19
What about a slicing points that open different cells within the compound.

Spread them out so you can't Zerg defend them all at once, when one is open, the system goes on "lockdown" and grants a 2-4 minute lockout on opening other cells through the slicing terminals (eg the system auto-resets, and while its offline, no slicing can occur).

Once a cell door is sliced open, the rescuers have 60s to get to the prisoner before he is recaptured.

I can see a couple of scenarios; take stealth to wait for cells to open; Zerg slicing terminals separately, or work to capture turrets.

So many defense points it can't all be covered by 8, so there are priorities and smaller 2v2 or 1v1 battles throughout the WZ to try to cover all bases (or most), with certain things like a cell opening that causes all 16 players to meet at one point (the cell door).

Great idea by the OP, though.
ADI-WAN TINOVA
Adi-Wan, Sentinel | Theresee, Sage | Kahlvin, Guardian
The Shadowlands | <RotJ> | <Triumph>

Washingtoon
01.15.2013 , 09:04 PM | #20
I like the idea since I've been suggesting CTF for quite some time now (we already have assault since that's essentially what Huttball is) but I don't get why there has to be a scenario behind it. It seems like all these scenarios do is to slow down the development process. How many PvP'ers are interested in scenarios? The majority of the "better" PvP'ers arent even combining their PvP'ing with PvE'ing for god sake. I could care less about the reasons for the objective and I don't think I've ever actually watched the intro clip on Novare. That said, standard flags would suffice.

So BW, get rid of the whole back-story crap and start dishing out some new warzones. How hard can it be to create some new terrain for Huttball, normal assault or CTF?