Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rules of looting blatendly disregarded?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Rules of looting blatendly disregarded?

Royons
01.07.2013 , 11:23 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Nythain View Post
Meh, bored so repetitive two cents from me...
Ninja Need'ers - I try to set some agreed ground rules at the start of the mission/flashpoint via group chat. If someone ninja needs after that, then votekick and ignore.
People who steal mission objectives - This only really annoys me when that objective is a mob. I was runnin Down the Hole the other day grouped with some random other person. After fighting all the way to the boss, twice (the other player died once and was f2p so had to res at med center so I went back to heroic entrance to help them get back) our experience went like this.
Boss spawn, start fighting boss... elite and 2 strongs respawn beside us mid fight, we die.
Fight back to boss, start clearing pack of mobs to get to boss only to have another group rush the boss while we were clearing the elite and strongs.
Wait patiently for boss to respawn, only to have the same thing happen again. At this point we could have just tagged the boss, but given our first wipe, tagging the boss while trying to kill the pack of mobs probably would have resulted in another wipe.
Start to wait patiently for boss to respawn, only to have another group show up... at which point i rage quit.

On the topic of helping people kill mobs
I ignore almost everyone fighting.
I stick around to help people kill mission objectives. The faster we all get our kills in, the faster we can all get on with our questing.
I have absolutely no issues with people helping me kill something, as long as they don't ninja tag something I had worked hard to get to, or patiently waited for my turn to kill.
Yeah when i make a group for flash point or mission item i make ground rule to party member only need on the amor for your class if same class need same amor both need the roll now if not for your class and no one need it then roll greed. IF anyone break that rule i kick person from group ingore warn everyone else about that person. For Mission when killing mob some time i attack then person don't see me and accident attack same mob will i don't get mad. I do that by mistake also everyone does. But after that i pm person see if they want join group if we got same quest and same mission it make the mission go by faster. Now flash point if i have on free to play in my group i ask all other sub member if free to play get amor first since free to play can only do flash point once a week they usely said yes it fine. Now if i see a chest next the mob to avoid getting ninja grab i sent my compain to attack the mob while i grab the chest so no one can steal from me. IT really easy to avoid ninja. That my two cents sorry if my spelling and Grammar is off i have HDAD Learning Disable

hillltrot
01.07.2013 , 01:27 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Darwarhammer View Post
One of the things I hate is when folks can obviously tell you are preparing to attack a MOB and they run in and attack it and/or they wait for you to attach the MOB and run in and take the item you were killing the MOB to get. When my friends and I play we are respectful of preparation prior to attack. If we see a group facing a MOB we wait to see if they attack it or move on. We NEVER run in and loot the item while they are fighting the MOB and we DO NOT run in ahead of them to attack the MOB first.
<rant on> We have this happen to us quite a bit. When you message the folks about it they laugh or curse or do both. I wish we could kill them at that point and take their gear, lol. <rant off>

I am hoping that folks who see other playing with courtesy and respect will realize the error of their ways and make a change. I know don't hold my breath.

Here's to some fun gaming......

ZInar, Darwarhammer, lova, Xenturo, HellMuttHead,and Studdley
Why are you waiting to attack something?

Are you just being blatantly rude?

If you want to attack something, attack it. There is no prep! What? Everyone has to sit and wait for your cooldowns?

How rude can you be? Why do you feel so entitled?

"Someone loots the node that I attacked the MOBs to get to." How do they know that? Are they once again suppose to wait for you to casually take your time defeating the mobs, scratch your butt, and then loot a node that will repop in five minutes so that they can see if you have bioanalysis?

(I can understand if someone is following you around constantly trying to sabotage your efforts. But constant stalking would get such people in trouble.)

You're like the kid who gets in line and holds a spot for twenty of your "friends" or the driver that gets road rage for "being cut off".

Akiviri
01.07.2013 , 03:25 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by hillltrot View Post
Why are you waiting to attack something?

Are you just being blatantly rude?

If you want to attack something, attack it. There is no prep! What? Everyone has to sit and wait for your cooldowns?

How rude can you be? Why do you feel so entitled?

"Someone loots the node that I attacked the MOBs to get to." How do they know that? Are they once again suppose to wait for you to casually take your time defeating the mobs, scratch your butt, and then loot a node that will repop in five minutes so that they can see if you have bioanalysis?

(I can understand if someone is following you around constantly trying to sabotage your efforts. But constant stalking would get such people in trouble.)

You're like the kid who gets in line and holds a spot for twenty of your "friends" or the driver that gets road rage for "being cut off".
Prep? Yes - healing companion perhaps, determining health of the mob (particularly when starred, particularly when underleveled) to determine method of attack, waiting 10 seconds for a cooldown to open my attack with, perhaps there is more than one mob - in which case sending companion to hit the hardest one and keep them busy while I take out the rest. Etc Etc.

Has nothing to do with "Entitlement" - unless you count the fact that I was already there and obviously wanted to attack that particular mob(s). If waiting 5 seconds is too much for you - maybe you shouldn't be playing an RPG.

As for nodes/quest items - in short - YES. What - did you think that because I was busy, you were entitled to run in and snag that node/quest piece?

Seems to me here, with your general attitude regarding these issues - it is you who have the entitlement problem. What - your time is more important than someone elses?

You feel you are entitled to run in and attack a mob someone else is obviously going to attack - because OMGICAN'TWAITFORTHEMWHAT?????

As well as

You feel because you CAN take a node/quest item, that then it is YOURS, and to **** with whether or not the person fighting that mob in front of it was doing so in order to get it themselves...you know ... playing the game as provided.

I'll say it again - if waiting is too much for you to handle maybe a FPS is more for you. Either that or - go and do something else and check back on that node in a few minutes - it's not like it's going anywhere. Oh ... true ... then you'd have to kill it yourself.

FYI - Entitlement means feeling like something is YOURS whether you worked for it or not. Hmmm ... sounds kinda like you doesn't it?

hillltrot
01.07.2013 , 05:03 PM | #64
Actually,

If I did take it, a node for example, which is entirely unlikely considering the number of people playing this game, I would actually have something that I followed the rules of the game to have. Now you feel entitled to what I have and feel that you should have the privilege to bypass the rules of the game in order to get it. Since you are fighting some mobs nearby, you claim the right to loot all the nearby nodes whether you can or not? That is entitlement.

Even if the other person could have just sneaked by the MOBs to get the nodes, you still claim the right. Even if the other person made it to the node from the other direction, you claim the right. Even if the other person could have flash bombed the mobs then looted the node, you claim the right. You consider any time anyone loots any node nearby you to be theft. That is entitlement.

You believe everyone around you should wait to see if you are going to attack a mob. Whether you just left to go use the restroom, are writing the latest angry reply, or checking out your character's emotes, we gotta wait. I don't care if it's just for ten seconds. Those ten seconds start to add up and are really annoying. You believe you have the privilege to force everyone around you to wait a little while so that you can go first. That is entitlement.

Akiviri
01.08.2013 , 01:00 AM | #65
You're making an awful lot of assumptions.

First I specifically stated: "Fighting the mob that was standing in front of it" As in - in order to get that quest Item/node - you have to kill the mob. Reading comprehension? Now - if you were there first and flash bombed or whatever - fine...that's up to you. But feeling like you can run in and and grab whatever simply because it's still there with no regard for anyone else - yeah, that's entitlement. As in "I don't have time to wait, it's still there so it's mine."

"II don't care if it's just for 10 seconds" = "My time is more important than yours" = entitlement, AKA selfishness.

Now if you wanna be an angry beaver and make all sorts of wild accusations and assumptions - that's up to you. But that behavior is what it is. Granted - there are people who go AFK in front of a mob and expect it to still be there when they get back, that is not what I'm talking about. Neither am i talking about laying claim to an entire area simply because I am in it.

Again - if you're so impatient that you can't either wait your turn, or wait 10 seconds for someone to attack - since you're going to have to wait a few minutes for it to respawn ANYWAY (but of course that's the REAL issue here isn't it?) - maybe this game, and MMO's in general, aren't for you.

InfernalDark
01.08.2013 , 01:07 PM | #66
I blame F2P.

Khevar
01.08.2013 , 02:34 PM | #67
Consider this:

Doing Black Hole dailies, republic side. Time to rescue 5 drell engineers. Enter the building, and see a player go left to kill the mobs there and open the cells. Do you:

1. Go left and open the cells while he's killing the mobs, or
2. Go right and kill your own mobs and open those cells.

Hint: One of these choices is the wrong one.

Drake_Hound
01.08.2013 , 07:16 PM | #68
Use the ignore function , best thing ever ... Makes me not having to que with idiots or ninja looter ...

Since golden rule of gaming is entertainement and fun .
Not playing a social or therapist for people , it is simple for me .
Ignore and move on , sooner or later only good people to play with .
And those rejects and idiots can play with there kind or quit....

Sorry 2013 set your priority right , if you are having fun fine for you .
if you need fun at others expense , too bad for you , ignore is what you get from me .

hillltrot
01.08.2013 , 11:43 PM | #69
delete

hillltrot
01.09.2013 , 01:22 AM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Consider this:

Doing Black Hole dailies, republic side. Time to rescue 5 drell engineers. Enter the building, and see a player go left to kill the mobs there and open the cells. Do you:

1. Go left and open the cells while he's killing the mobs, or
2. Go right and kill your own mobs and open those cells.

Do you:

1. Buy a gun and rob a bank, or
2. Stay at home and play SWTOR?

It's almost never cut and dry like that. But sure, when there is only one reason for people to be in an area and someone is there already, walking over and taking the stuff they are just about to be able to get is not polite. But also, if it happens, it's nothing to rage about. The amount of time you can lose due to someone needing something they can't use is far, far larger than the amount of time you'll lose in open world PvP/PvE.

In addition, there are times when you are going to be competing for resource nodes, and you're trying to come up with and enforce rules which don't exist. I was fighting champion mob, nearby was a slicing node I was meaning to get. Oops, I didn't heal fully before I attacked. No problem, I used a medpack. Guy dies, I noticed the slicing node was gone, my health was at full, and a sage was running on to kill something else. Now i'm sure he felt that since in his mind, I wouldn't have lived if he hadn't healed me, taking the slicing node was perfectly fine. Also the mob I was fighting was in fact a quest objective.

Now should I

1. Rage against the sage. Run to the boards and post about it. Put him on ignore. And tell all my guildies about this horrible person who "stole' my node. Or,

2. Shrug my shoulders and keep playing.

Now, I don't believe there is a right or wrong answer to this question. But the choice someone makes here says something about the personality of the person. Is the person someone who asks the MMO company to increase the size of his or her friends list, or is the person the type who asks the MMO company to increase the size of his or her enemies list?

Why am I raging about this? First, I was reading this post because I was in support of not needing equipment you and your companions can't use. But, I noticed that the thread had been hijacked to become about open PvE/PvP "node/MOB stealing". The problem with the second one is that you could spend forever sitting down and declaring rules in open PvE and PvP. Next, it's really not equivalent. Finally, people who complain about this never seem to look at the other person's point of view.

This Hypersensitivity of worrying about "stealing" someone's node, quest objective or whatever and the reverse hypersensitivity about someone "stealing" your nodes, quest objectives, or whatever is just too much and creates a real negative gaming environment in my opinion.

The reason why I make the "assumptions" the other poster talked about is that I very rarely have anyone "cut and dry" "steal" a whatever from me. Like once a month maybe. Once a week if I'm doing nothing but playing.

So, if you're saying this happens to you all the time and is a major problem, you either

1. Have really bad luck.
2. Are refusing to see the gray areas and examine the other person's point of view.

Usually in my experience, it is the latter. If it is the former, I apologize.