Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PUGs are ruining the game.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PUGs are ruining the game.

vimm
12.28.2012 , 03:34 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
See I get random tells and I am always blazed and get confused...you gotta like send me a message with all your alts so I can work on my friends list with updating whos who.

And if I roll anywhere I will be rolling an assassin, I have to much time invested in this guy to the point where I cant see myself playing another character as serious as this one.
Don't be mister one class wonder! Diversify your bonds!

I will usually say "Well if it isn't Cycao"

..Or something to that effect. Just a greeting ^_~
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

UGLYMRJ
12.28.2012 , 03:47 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by vimm View Post
4 Snipers has been the most epic for us, lol.

All Marksman produced the funniest results.
We actually did that with a few sorcs.... with awesome results. Snipers was our next idea but we were waiting for the Cathar to be released so we could name them Garfield, Heathcliff, Nermal, Felix, Sylvester, etc.

DarthOvertone
12.28.2012 , 03:51 PM | #33
Re-Rolling sux in this game. I have two 30+ Legacies on two different servers and it's h*ll to manage. Definitely not recommended.
Alphanoob, Alpha-zen (among others) - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: It was good while it lasted. Thanks BW

Allronix
12.28.2012 , 03:52 PM | #34
Sorry, dude. You may not like Pick-up Groups, but I've found some good folks there I otherwise wouldn't have talked to. My Guild also doesn't have a lot of L50's, and most of the players are intimidated by PvP. Worse is that I play in the dead of night (1-5AM), so a pick-up is the only way I'll see any play at all.

After a while, though, you start noticing the regulars like you would at a real-world pub. The point is to use the time before the zone launches to form a basic attack plan ("3 on right, 3 on left, 2 hassle mid" or "Everyone charge left except the stealthers; they hide and wait on right until the signal") and cross your fingers as no battle plan survives contact with the enemy.
Alylia Terel of Bergen Colony
Offering Assistance to Friends of the Republic. World Bosses, Imperials, and Sith defeated. Datacrons procured and worlds explored.

foxmob
12.28.2012 , 03:55 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Sounds like jedi covenant could use some good imps.
good imps only show up in numbers late at night/early morning est. the rest of the day is spotty. mostly cuz half of them rerolled rep a while ago. iunno.
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

Z-ToXiN
12.28.2012 , 04:17 PM | #36
Funny how this topic turned into one about rerolling on another server... because that is what I might do myself. Im just frustrated with the way rateds are over here. Actually posted a thread on the Pot5 forum about this last night.

I hate the idea of not having my legacy unlocks or my credits or crew skills. Ive got a massive crafting operation that makes me tons of credits and i can make absolutely anything i need while levelling so i will miss that.

I really dont know what class I would do for that though. Im honestly sick of my Assassin having played him so much. My favorite class is Vanguard/Powertech but I recenly rerolled my Vanguard as a Powertech and Im not sure I want to level yet another PT having played it so much lately. Jugg maybe? Or Shadow on Pub side, havent done that story so at least thats enticing.

Anyway if any of you people do reroll on Pot5, do let me know.
ADRAAJ SHI'KARI ARRIAN
◙ASSASSiN ╚╬╝ THE BASTION ╚╬╝ POWeRTeCH◙
DECEPTiON HYBRID < ♣ > HYBRID SiN TANK
<JAWA BUNNY RANCH> // <CLiCKERS>

Paulman
12.28.2012 , 07:11 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Everywhere I go I see PUGs... tons of them and they're ruining the game for everyone.

People buy this game because it's an MMO... a massively multiplayer online game. Yet these PUGs are determined to ruin the design of the game by doing everything they can to avoid guilds, groups and basically everything that is the foundation of the MMO.

When they're on my team... winning is slightly more difficult. When they're on the other team... winning is too easy. There's no way around the PUG epidemic!! How does Bioware not recognize this problem? Remove PUGs immediately. They're ruining the game for all of us!

Not only to they ignore the fundamental design of the game but then they flood the chats and forums with non-stop complaining about how the game should be focused around them. Not only does this distract developers from finding what little useful information is on the forums but it also deters new players from taking this game seriously when the forums are flooded with posts about how this MMO should cater to a single player like game play.

Within a game based around community, guilds and groups alike... we have PUGs who are determined to ruin everything an MMO stands for. Please... remove the solo queue, and force these PUGs to play the game as intended. Within a community.

Thank you,

Signed: Guilded and grouped UGLYMRJ.
Actually the forum jockeys already ruined the game. Pugs have always been around. That's to be expected.

Eszi
12.28.2012 , 07:15 PM | #38
Give us an option to kick bad geared people who have no idea what they are doing and are not skipping convos in fps ;_;

Smashbrother
12.28.2012 , 07:47 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
I would be down for a troll group. Even tho I can get competitive... I like to keep it fun. In regs a decent team of any 4 players can usually dominate anyways, which is good. Cuz winning is fun too.

We've rolled groups of 4 PT's, sorcs and jug's... there's really nothing funnier than people visually scared to go on the top level in mid on civil war because they're worried about being thrown over the edge again.

I LOL'd every time they would start to go up the ramp and immediately change their mind when they saw one of us.
Last night me and some other guys made a 4 dps commando team to troll imps in WZs. I think we did like 5 games and won them all LOLS.

We even used the military rank titles to troll harder. Of course I was Captain Caedence. Alliteration ftw.

The other pugs on our team were like "*** 4 commandos and none are healers. ****."

cashogy
12.28.2012 , 08:11 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by vimm View Post
Don't be mister one class wonder! Diversify your bonds!
easier said than done. leveling a new toon is mind numbing
Da'ny - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads