Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Moral Choices (JK Spoiler)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Moral Choices (JK Spoiler)

Raikren
12.28.2012 , 04:56 AM | #1
Been playing through as my Jedi Guardian, and a bit frustrated with some of my moral choices. I know that light side options generally have the same sort of direction and path, but I'm a bit annoyed that I get less points just for certain actions. E.G

*SPOILER*

The moral choice after you fight Power Guard Galen had me confused, told him there was still hope left and when he asked me to kill him I said I wouldn't execute him and that it wasn't the right thing to do. Then I find out that asking him to fight the Sith was the apparent "lighter" choice, even though I didn't thnnk it was right, almost taking advantage of his state.

I'd like to hear some of your thoughts on this, all replies welcome

Hiramas
12.28.2012 , 05:44 AM | #2
This game has problems with its allocation of dark and light side points.
I, too have a Guardian, but the Rep Light Side choices were mostly straight forward and easy to follow, even if you don't really agree with them all the time.
Dark Side is worse. You get Light Side points for really bad stuff. Example:

Spoiler

It seems every dark side user has to be a rampaging, mass murdering lunatic. Dark Side choices often reek of insanity
Republic Jedi Guardian - former RP-PVP Jen'Jidal
Can you please give us Server Transfers, so I can get back to a RP Server? Thanks.

Raikren
12.28.2012 , 09:51 AM | #3
Thanks for the reply, appreciate it, and I agree that this is one of the flaws of an otherwise great game. Seems that on some of these parts the writers may have had a bad day at the office. And you have piqued my interest into trying out the Sith, even just to see these parts. Will be continuing my Guardian though.

errant_knight
12.28.2012 , 10:51 AM | #4
As a sith, you get lightside points for not slaughtering people, slaughter being the norm. I can't remember the exact alternatives in the mentioned inquisitor choice, but it's usually a lighter shade of gray thing, but often mitigates another kind of harm. For instance, in that choice,
Spoiler

With the mentioned jedi choice, you're giving a hopeless man purpose and desire to keep on fighting the good fight. The alternative is to risk him taking his own life if you don't.

Raikren
12.28.2012 , 12:49 PM | #5
Thanks for the reply. I understand your viewpoint, however differing perspectives will mean there will always be a clash over this sort of choice. I saw it as almost exploitation, Galen had gone through enough and I wanted him to go sit this one out while I dealt with the Sith threat and we tried to find a way to reverse what had happened. It didn't feel right to ask him to keep fighting and I certainly wasn't going to execute the man. I wanted to be the one with the responsibility, and that option didn't sit right to me.

Spoiler

errant_knight
12.28.2012 , 03:15 PM | #6
Yeah, it's a matter of perspective, because in the example from the agent story given, I was very pleased with that choice. To my agent,
Spoiler
I wish there were four or five choices, rather than three, which would allow for more variation, but that would have increased the expense of the voice acting a great deal, so I get why there aren't. That's the trade-off that occurs in a voice acted game, but the acting is so very good in this one, I can accept it. Admittedly, in terms of my characters, they got it right more often than they didn't.

Emanrahc
12.30.2012 , 09:00 AM | #7
Helping the two Jedi lovers on Tython hide their relationship? I can understand getting darkside points for it, but going the whole way through gets you 100, which is more than I've got for cold-blooded murder.

And I don't understand why you get DS points on Ord Mantell for returning the stolen medicine to the army, thereby saving people who were about to die if you didn't.

Master-Nala
12.30.2012 , 09:33 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Emanrahc View Post
And I don't understand why you get DS points on Ord Mantell for returning the stolen medicine to the army, thereby saving people who were about to die if you didn't.
That's probably the most ridiculous allocation of DS points in the whole game though.
Republic Level 55s - Alana, Rickta, Nal'aa, Alan, Myschal, Sinbad, Frank'lin, Angiola, Vesnas, Nightsail, Mioni & Hard-Top
Imp Level 55s - Palatine, Ztephanie, Frank-lin, Ka'Mate, Chisami, Azureraven, Curiosi-dux, Vodoun, Thofia

KryptikX
12.30.2012 , 02:25 PM | #9
Spoiler
Adapt or Die