Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Will we get compensation?

Rahizm
12.27.2012 , 07:12 PM | #1
So many people here are unable to buy anything of the store. Yes I'm one of them. And my wife can't subscribe. So I'm already talking for 2. But wait, there's more! Because I'd like to voice my thoughts, opinions and ofcourse FACTS not just for me, but for everyone else too.

Your telecommunication advisers acknowledged it's a known issue, however, it's unknown to the public, YOUR customers.

Since we are waiting (almost) 3 weeks now, in my honest opinion a compensation after fixing this whole ordeal should be in order. Why?

- We want to buy stuff off your store, but can't.
- Get a subscription to play without restrictions, but can't.
- Pre-order the next expansion BEFORE 7th of January for the promo (as subscriber), but ofcourse, can't and most likely will lose this promo.

More reasons for compensation:
- Bad customer service #1. From what I've read here and experienced FIRST HAND, is getting transferred and then DISCONNECTED, sometimes without any warning, sometimes with a warning saying that there's a telephone issue. But if you call back seconds later, everything is working fine.
- Bad customer service #2. Getting transferred, getting disconnected, calling back and being told to call back on Mondays. I can understand opening hours. But what in the WORLD is your problem when we actually DO call back on Mondays during the opening hours and have to wait more than 2 hours to get someone on the phone? We people have better stuff to do OR, we want to play the game with what we wanted to order. NOT to hang on the phone for 2 hours / having to call back umteen times.

I think the majority here on this forum who made topics about this similar problem would agree, and we are all YOUR customers. We made YOU successful.

The least you could've done is inform us customers of this issue through website and e-mail, but you didn't. Asking people to call to get them to hear this issue is really bad customer service. All of your customers has internet, and you can only play this game by going to your website first. You do the math.

And for trolls who tell people to call them without reading that we did, go read a book.

Icebergy
12.27.2012 , 07:18 PM | #2
You expect to be compensated for not being able to spend money?
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

Zarakaar
12.27.2012 , 07:57 PM | #3
Are you paying with a credit card from within the United States?

Dassvidanja
12.27.2012 , 08:29 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
You expect to be compensated for not being able to spend money?
Pretty much this.

'COMPENSATE ME FOR NOTHING'... Seems legit. Must be the compensation culture thing...

Dassvidanja.

JoeJJohnsonII
12.27.2012 , 08:35 PM | #5
I understand the communications issues and the frustration, but how could you honestly expect to be compensated for this? If you had spent money on a subscription and couldn't play or bought something and never received it I could understand, but asking for something when you haven't paid into something is pretty ridiculous.

Rahizm
12.28.2012 , 02:00 AM | #6
Because I AM a paying customer. Subscribers ARE. Therefore, if we do not get the customer service that we deserve, we are entitled for compensation of sorts.

And I'm already a subscriber. But can't pay for **** anymore. No public info is given of this issue, but we do have to call them for the same problem every frekkin time, only to be told to call back some other day/hang on the line for hours and not getting anyone on the line/being hanged up with "telephone issues". That's no customer service. Personally, I've spent 6 hours in total with them on the phone for this issue only to receive ticketnumbers I can't do **** with, and to be put through with a service that doesn't have enough people on the line to help customers!

With compensation I'm not talking about financial compensation or discounts.

And I subscribed. And I tried to get that pre-order expansion thing which doesn't work. Same for my wife. And most likely for dozens of other people around here.

Rahizm
12.28.2012 , 02:02 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Zarakaar View Post
Are you paying with a credit card from within the United States?
No, Paypal. Tried credit card but got the infamous error that it couldn't be loaded. Paypal worked before. Should work normally because it worked before. It's on their end not mine. And they've said that themselves in one of the calls I did to them.

Nerfington
12.28.2012 , 03:28 AM | #8
Double check that your SWTOR address matches your paypal account, I had my postcode wrong and realised after 3 months of it not working that there was a difference, changing it to be the same as paypal instantly fixed it.

Dassvidanja
12.28.2012 , 05:32 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Nerfington View Post
Double check that your SWTOR address matches your paypal account, I had my postcode wrong and realised after 3 months of it not working that there was a difference, changing it to be the same as paypal instantly fixed it.
This. You have an account registered to a payment system. You are using your SW:TOR account to make purchases via said payment system. Your card issuer/Paypal/Bank will likely verify the details on both accounts for fraud prevention purposes. This is logical. You really need to ensure the details match or it is almost certain you will fail verification. I used to see this a lot when I worked for a telecoms company. This will almost certainly apply to card users. Paypal I am not so sure about but it's highly likely. Good luck!

Dassvidanja.

Edit for afterthought:

If you use a pre-paid Visa/Mastercard these can cause ALL kinds of problems as they are not registered to an address. This I hope is self-explanatory.

Rahizm
01.10.2013 , 01:19 AM | #10
Bump.

It's on their end. Managed to get their level 2 or whatever account & billing on the phone last week after another hour of waiting. Nice British fellow, polite conversation, he confirmed what I knew already. They are looking into it. Well, standard answer. He said there's no real ETA of when it will be fixed.

Word of advice: Fix your account & billing system first before releasing useless content. It'll raise your own income.