Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Keep Losing Connection

tcldarr
12.27.2012 , 04:59 PM | #1
I'm on Prof of Five Server
Over the past 2 weeks I had been getting severe lag spikes from 4 bars to RED X but they last only 3-5 seconds. So, I have been tollerating them, thinking they would resolve themselves. Last night, the spikes got worse and were more frequent and would lead to disconnections to the server screen. I could log back on, but it would only happen again. Which leads to today. I can't stay on more than a minute or two before the server lag goes from 37ms to 20K and I lose connection. Tech support gave me a couple of suggestions and I have tried numerious things I have read from the forums but nothing has worked. Currently, I have my router disconnected and the modem is going straight to the PC but this doesnt help. ISP was out today and replaced the modem for the hell of it..no help. I dont appear to have internet surfing issues. Only TOR fails. As far as I know, nothing has changed on my PC. I only use it for TOR. I want to say these problems coincide with the last update, but I can be sure. I can only say they started about 2 weeks ago and have progressively gotten worse. I play for hours each day. I was able to stay on for 3 hours each session and tolerate the lag spikes, but now they lead to disconnections and 3 hours have gone to 1 minute ***.........Any help would be appreciated cause I dont know what to do

cloudedzen
01.29.2013 , 08:28 AM | #2
I have nothing to add other than you are not alone. This week I have been experiencing similar issues. Connection goes from excellent to one red bar. If I stop my character and wait, there is a good chance the connection will go back to three bars. Now, it is more likely to just disconnect after a few minutes of play. I have done everything the forums and other online research has suggested. I think a good majority of the time (not all) it is STOR's problem, not my comp, router or ISP provider. But I am still working on it, tinkering, adjusting....

Solphist
01.29.2013 , 08:37 AM | #3
Me too, I lose connection about once per hour, I connect over a VPN perhaps that's a clue?

However the last patch has resulted in the game normally requiring a shutdown as it now gets stuck 100% of the time upon a disconnect on a loading screen it never makes it back to the server select screen.
If I happen to spot the red X I can immediately logout and get back in a lot faster than if it goes to the loading screen.

The server disconnect timer seems a bit small to be honest, perhaps relaxing it a bit might help.

roxxrafa
02.06.2013 , 12:04 AM | #4
To me is becoming more and more frequent, me and my brother keep getting disconected after 10-30 minutes of gameplay. This wasnt happening until this week, so maybe there is something going on with their servers?

A GM could post something about it so we could know....

knoxiee
02.06.2013 , 06:54 AM | #5
same thing keeps happening to me for the past couple of weeks but last night was the lag fest festival, just a constant
red x.

my internet connection is fine when im doing everything else, its just in tor that im having issues.

sehuncara
02.06.2013 , 09:32 AM | #6
Yup I've been getting this aswell the last few weeks out of nowhere..
Up until now I've been running the game beautifuly on high gfx no lag or anything, game runs and looks lovely, now out of the blue I'm getting latency going from under 100 up to 70-80k, from 3 blue bars-reddot-red X,then the drop to load screen where the only option is to relog completely,some days it never happens, other days it makes the game totally unplayable.
Needs sorting out.pronto.
**The Cara Legacy**

**DARKSTANCE**

Rynotic
02.06.2013 , 11:16 AM | #7
I'm riding in the same boat as you fellas, all this week ive been getting the same issues, Lag and "not responding" crashes, that take forever to correct themselves. i pretty much get impatient and just close the came and restart it, only to have it happen shortly after. it's so annoying.

roxxrafa
02.06.2013 , 11:28 AM | #8
A SWTOR representative could shed some "light" into the matter so we know they are aware and working to fix it

Darthdaedric
02.06.2013 , 12:05 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by roxxrafa View Post
A SWTOR representative could shed some "light" into the matter so we know they are aware and working to fix it
They aren't. They've pretty much said that they're going to stick their fingers in their ears and go "la la la" and say it's our ISPs, despite the fact that in most cases, TOR is the only program causing a problem.

Angror
02.06.2013 , 12:24 PM | #10
In the same boat myself, Last night was in a fp, 49ms ping then 3 red bars. Not a very easy run considering i was the healer. I know its not my ISP or comp as i can play other games online just fine. Bioware any thoughts on what to try to make it so this lag is not happening.
Im part of Generation X the generation that was supose to wreck it all. Sure glad thats where i am instead of Generation Y - as in Why cant i just have that without doing anything for it.