Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force Leap needs a nerf

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Force Leap needs a nerf

Monoth
12.27.2012 , 05:59 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by MiaRB View Post
shadows/assasins can get across that gap as well, if they are really good at timing their jump and force speed.
If they can clear 28m by using force speed and hitting there jump key then yeah Bioware definitely needs to nerf that, but I doubt they can. I'm calling BS on this one
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

Atrummos
12.27.2012 , 06:00 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by DariusCalera View Post
That gap is too far and the force fields too high for any jump to work and I'm fairly certain that said force fields don't drop until the bridge is all the way across anyway.

So, for whatever reason that individual got across the gap Force Leap probably was not the cause.
The gap is not too far at all. People will often try to get back over to the other side (from a defender's viewpoint) via a sorc pull or even an intercede. This is dangerous to do, though, as a competent jumper will notice and jump over himself for a nice handy cap.

The only 'nerf' needed here is to nerf stupidity. Nobody should stand in the middle of the two shielded areas after dying. It's just asking for someone to leap you.
Atrummos
<Seraphic Nexus>
Dalborra
http://seraphic-nexus.enjin.com

Smashbrother
12.27.2012 , 06:03 PM | #33
Force leap is fine, and this is coming from a guy who has 3 ranged classes and 1 melee.

Monoth
12.27.2012 , 06:07 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by RaithHarth View Post
actually it wasn't me who stood on the other side it was one of my teammates, but the matter of the fact is the leap has too far of an advantage over all other abilities put together, and I thought it was overused in Huttball but now this? Look at the distance between the two sides between the bridge that's just crazy being able to leap over there!
Then you need to nerf Sorc/Sage force pull, it has the same range as force leap... While your at it nerf sorc/sage force speed, it allows them to run right threw the fire pits taking virtually not damage....

Also Nerf Bounty Hunters grapple cable, 30m is to long for that also.... Ah yeah nerf all the CC in this game because im tired of being CC locked for 8+ seconds, which is an eternity in pvp.

Oh yeah if you nerf Jedi Force Leap you need to decrease the distance Range DPS can fire, After all Force leap is suppose to be a gap closer for PvP, so if it gets nerfed then range dps gets nerfed also to keep it balanced.

Oh yeah we also need to nerf stealth, its unfair someone can stay in stealth indefinatly, i think they should only be able to go into stealth for 10 seconds before coming out again.

And lastly we need to nerf Muraders/Sentinels, I don't think it's fair they have TWO lightsabers, they should only get one.

P.S. Nerf Healers to, because their healing can be really annoying when your trying ot kill someone
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

Toasted_Coconuts
12.27.2012 , 06:18 PM | #35
Quote:
shadows/assasins can get across that gap as well, if they are really good at timing their jump and force speed.
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post
If they can clear 28m by using force speed and hitting there jump key then yeah Bioware definitely needs to nerf that, but I doubt they can. I'm calling BS on this one
The terminal on the side with the bridge controls was not always there. It was very easy for a sprinter to jump the gap. With the terminal, it's not possible, all video of this happening is prior to 1.2.

Don't change force leap

NoTomorrow
12.27.2012 , 06:24 PM | #36
Force leap is fine! And i am saying this as a sniper, ahahaha
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Mallorik
12.27.2012 , 06:29 PM | #37
Its not too far to jump, i do it when ever i see someoen stupid enough to stand there. want to know a funny trick though? stand on the edge as far forward as you can, they will jump to you and fall to their deaths.

Oh and ps, the idea that they should nerf an ability because of one thing that can happen in one wz if someone is stupid enough to let it happen is laughable, unfortunately bioware listenes to people like this and that is why they failed so hard. i hope they have learned their lesson.

beattlebilly
12.27.2012 , 06:31 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by DariusCalera View Post
That gap is too far and the force fields too high for any jump to work and I'm fairly certain that said force fields don't drop until the bridge is all the way across anyway.

So, for whatever reason that individual got across the gap Force Leap probably was not the cause.
In the dead center between the bridges, where the ramp is near the doors(if you look under it there's a speed buff on a ledge) and the space opposite, there is no force field. I have had people punt me over that area to fall to my death.
The BastionThe Dynamite LegacySix Sith Bag

Boy, it sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don't you think?

Glower
12.28.2012 , 02:22 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by RaithHarth View Post
It still needs a nerf regardless, maybe shorten the distance of the leap abit
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkshadz View Post
It wasn't a hack, it is indeed possible for jedi knights/sith warriors to jump across the gap if someone is standing too close to the edge.
RaithHarth, why are you standing here?
ITS A TRICK not a hack!
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Couver
12.28.2012 , 02:27 AM | #40
Retardation needs a nerf.