Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force Leap needs a nerf

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Force Leap needs a nerf

RaithHarth
12.27.2012 , 03:41 PM | #1
I was just playing voidstar and somehow when the Bridges weren't even down yet, a Sith Juggernaut was able to force leap over onto the other side and set a bomb on the door, this is the first time I ever seen this happen.
Don't start the Revolution without me

The artist formally known as Rath, now they call me Sydow!

LoL-K-Noob
12.27.2012 , 03:44 PM | #2
Its simple, you dont run near the ledge so the guy waiting at the other jumps to you

JustinxDuff
12.27.2012 , 03:45 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by RaithHarth View Post
I was just playing voidstar and somehow when the Bridges weren't even down yet, a Sith Juggernaut was able to force leap over onto the other side and set a bomb on the door, this is the first time I ever seen this happen.
You know that gap in the middle? Yea, don't go near that when the enemy team has competent leapers.
Bluntasaurus - Gunslinger - Ewoks Anonyous
Bluntskii - Sentinel - Ewoks Anonymous
Prophecy of the Five
Push the envelope, watch it bend

RaithHarth
12.27.2012 , 03:48 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by LoL-K-Noob View Post
Its simple, you dont run near the ledge so the guy waiting at the other jumps to you
It still needs a nerf regardless, maybe shorten the distance of the leap abit

Technohic
12.27.2012 , 03:48 PM | #5
If this even was a problem, I don't think the solution is to nerf leap. Sort of how a snipers cover is cool; so is a maruaders leap. So is an assassins pull or stealth. This is why we can't have nice things.

DariusCalera
12.27.2012 , 03:49 PM | #6
That gap is too far and the force fields too high for any jump to work and I'm fairly certain that said force fields don't drop until the bridge is all the way across anyway.

So, for whatever reason that individual got across the gap Force Leap probably was not the cause.

RaithHarth
12.27.2012 , 03:51 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DariusCalera View Post
That gap is too far and the force fields too high for any jump to work and I'm fairly certain that said force fields don't drop until the bridge is all the way across anyway.

So, for whatever reason that individual got across the gap Force Leap probably was not the cause.
So you think it was a hack then? because he was able to leap over and set a bomb on the door

Darkshadz
12.27.2012 , 03:53 PM | #8
It wasn't a hack, it is indeed possible for jedi knights/sith warriors to jump across the gap if someone is standing too close to the edge.

TUXs
12.27.2012 , 03:53 PM | #9

??? What do you suspect the "cause" was? It's most certainly designed to leap across....
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

JustinxDuff
12.27.2012 , 03:55 PM | #10

There is an open area right in front of the speed buff near the bridges. This is the ONLY place that someone can get across and they have to be using charge on a target to do it.
Bluntasaurus - Gunslinger - Ewoks Anonyous
Bluntskii - Sentinel - Ewoks Anonymous
Prophecy of the Five
Push the envelope, watch it bend