Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One reason there is a tank shortage in group finder

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
One reason there is a tank shortage in group finder

Rothie
12.27.2012 , 06:34 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
Isn't it always the healers fault?

*ducks* ...

No seriously ... Tanks and or Healers should be the group leaders since they both have certain perspectives on "battle field awareness". NEVER DPS (and I am primarily a DPS player).

Simple rule of thumb:
If the tank dies, itís the healers fault.
If the Healer dies, itís the tanks fault.
If a DPS dies, itís their own fault
You registered your Pre-Order code on July 21, 2011 and now are registered for the following items:
Star Warsô: The Old Republicô Collector's Edition Pre-Order
AΩE
*** Rattataki, Bounty Hunter***

Bhemont
12.27.2012 , 06:40 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Commander_Hawke View Post
I agree with this. But it does not seem to be everyone. You just mentioned 2 people from this group. One guy seemed to be on it... the healer not so much.

My question is, did you guys tell the healer that he was the healer?

I would have honestly vote kicked him out, since he was the seeming lynchpin to ya'lls destruction and frustraition...
It doesn't matter if isn't everyone, 1 or 2 is enough in every group or every 2nd group. It brings you down takes the fun out of the experience, and you always tend to remember the bad things rather then the good ones.
Proud owner of the CE Imperial Agent since day one
- Red Zone

DarthTHC
12.27.2012 , 06:50 PM | #63
Three simple words explain the bulk of the problems in groups today: Free to Play

coille
12.27.2012 , 07:17 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravagexe View Post
PUG's are a living nightmare in this game. Any sane person should avoid it.

Else you will stuck with a bunch of clowns that is barely capable of understanding their role, gazillions of bro-teams needing every possible item for their friends, drama queens ready to bro-team-kick you in your first mistake and just because you told them to "watch aggro" or "focus on healing"...

Seriously...I roleplayed in Ultima Online, I raided in WoW, I met people in Secret World, got into groups in Champions Online and DCU, I even played Final Fantasy. But hell, SWTOR has the worst PUG community out of all. If you want to be succesfull or get an easy time through community, a friendly Guild is a MUST.
Yeah completely agree. I don't do PUG's at all now.

mokkh
12.27.2012 , 07:19 PM | #65
Funny you mention Kaon. I've had 4-5 tanks drop out of group upon entering the instance in the past week. One of these tick turds did so to the group I ended up joining as a tank through the instance. Imagine queuing for an hour to be one of 3 people left holding the bag before you even get to start.

In fact I had a dropout today on my sniper, first the tank dropped Kaon on zone in, then one dps dc'd. The sorc and I 2-manned it all the way to the cannon part, tried it and wiped. So we just chatted for a bit, an hour after we started (that's 2 hours for me since originally joining queue) 2 reasonable people show up and we trounce the remainder of the instance without incident. Ended up making friends with a damn good player out of it so wasn't all bad, but was a ridiculous expenditure of time for 5 bh comms.

Battle of Ilum: Assassasin tank decides to leave two people who had never been there behind and then drops group after multiple wipes saying crap like "I f******g hate you. F*****g die" to these hapless people in the group. I end up having to coach these two on my healer through the rest of the instance using my dps comp as tank, we beat it an hour later. One was 14k using all recruit and the other was a self-proclaimed pvper who had recruit/columi mix, it was a mess to be sure but they were actually happy to finish it and said they learned something.

The point: It's not just dps or heals that are crap to deal with, plenty of tanks get credit there too. For the record, I have 8 50s: 3 tanks (shadow, vanny, jugg), 3 dps (sent,sniper,merc), and 2 heals (sorc, sawbones) across factions. I do 4-7 random hms almost everyday, all are pugs and solo queued. I've paid my dues using the groupfinder, and the kicker is: as bad as this community can be it's still head and shoulders above the bs I went through in WoW.

It's not enough to say that there is a singular reason for a shortage of tanks when the reality is that there's a shortage of quality players (or players unwilling to learn), maybe all we need are more veteran players with the patience to set an example to follow.

siegedeluxe
12.27.2012 , 07:30 PM | #66
DUAL SPEC.

Oh wait, we can't have that in our game! It would then look like a 100% wow clone.

lord-durpp
12.27.2012 , 07:47 PM | #67
i've had no such problems on my tank, of all my times pugging fps, never had i had a particularly nasty group
Cut 'em down!

Zsavooz
12.27.2012 , 08:03 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by Rothie View Post
Simple rule of thumb:
If the tank dies, itís the healers fault.
If the Healer dies, itís the tanks fault.
If a DPS dies, itís their own fault
that's it. I play a Healer and I cannot for the life of me not think to heal the tank, even at my behest. As a tank, in a different game, (Tera), same idea. It's hard for me to believe that the healer is not healing, ***!? Just nuts!

Aelther
12.27.2012 , 08:18 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by siegedeluxe View Post
DUAL SPEC.

Oh wait, we can't have that in our game! It would then look like a 100% wow clone.
Subs have n-spec

funkhouse
12.27.2012 , 09:02 PM | #70
Personaly if i didnt know that sorc healer i would have just left. After playing ops and seeing how insanely awsome they are compared to sorc heals....I prefer to not have a sorc in my game ever. Ive had to tell the healer after wipes..to just do their job and heal and leave the dps up to the dps guys. Yes Yes i know you want to see your stupid force lightning in all..but hey you rolled a healer spec...do your job or ****.