Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Windows 8 32-bit version

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Chisennyo
12.27.2012 , 10:13 AM | #1
Will this game run fine on Windows 8 32-bit? I'm currently upgrading my computer, and I just wanna know if there'll be any technical issues or frame rate drops as opposed to Windows 7 64-bit.

Roalmo
12.27.2012 , 10:16 AM | #2
You will be limited to 3.5 gig of memory, poor choice for this game.

Jerro
12.27.2012 , 10:42 AM | #3
its runs very fine on windows 8, but i really recomend u get the 64-bit version. SWTOR need a lot of RAM!! Oh and i dont Think Bioware have any support for Windows 8

Cerimon
12.27.2012 , 10:48 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Chisennyo,

The game should run on Windows 8 32-bit but as Jerro advises, the 64-bit version is preferable as it can utilize more than 4GB RAM and is more 'futureproof' in terms of hardware upgrades you may perform in future.

Let us know if you have more questions.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Genuine
12.27.2012 , 11:01 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Chisennyo View Post
Will this game run fine on Windows 8 32-bit? I'm currently upgrading my computer, and I just wanna know if there'll be any technical issues or frame rate drops as opposed to Windows 7 64-bit.
Don't get WIN 8 stick with windows 7
BIOWARE PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS THREAD Collectors edition vendor

Chisennyo
12.27.2012 , 11:46 AM | #6
I was forced to upgrade from Windows 7 32-bit to windows 8 32-bit because it said something about its architecture not being the same. Now that you guys have told me that. 64-bit would be the advisable decision, I'm wondering as to how I would be able to change 32-bit to 64-bit Windows. All future help is appreciated. Thank you.

Chisennyo
12.27.2012 , 01:03 PM | #7
*bump*

JediCahlwyn
12.27.2012 , 01:07 PM | #8
Install it?
--Master Endric Cahlwyn--
<The Womp Rats> of The Shadowlands
Jedi Guardian 55 For The Republic!

Chisennyo
12.27.2012 , 01:12 PM | #9
Whenever I try to install the 64-bit it states that it has a different architecture than the 32-bit version that I have, and it tells me that I have to put the 32-bit version.

Packetdancer
12.27.2012 , 01:26 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Chisennyo View Post
Whenever I try to install the 64-bit it states that it has a different architecture than the 32-bit version that I have, and it tells me that I have to put the 32-bit version.
I don't think the installer will let you switch an existing 32-bit install to 64-bit; I believe you have to reformat and install clean to switch between the two architectures. (Admittedly, there are some workarounds to let you do so, or at least there were as of the late Vista era, but they all have caveats and introduce some Weird Behavior to your system, so I'd say the clean install is probably better anyway.)
Pahke Stardancer (Jedi Sentinel, Save Taris)
Writer, photographer, software engineer, GAMER.