Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Credit Sales thread!!! Keep the Farmers from destorying the game economy!!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Credit Sales thread!!! Keep the Farmers from destorying the game economy!!!!

GridiRron
12.20.2011 , 08:19 AM | #1
I posted this in hopes that if you get a sales spam, please report the Character name and the website from which they came from. Hopefully we can save the game economy and keep the farmers from destroying the game economy.

Server Juyo

Character name Yrtyry

Help ticket submitted and I did a right+click report spam.
As the Joker said in The Dark Knight "Why so serious?"

arcard
12.20.2011 , 08:23 AM | #2
like thatīs going to happen, they create the character pressing any letter on the keyboard, everytime they create a different one, they canīt stop them to do that, so saddly get use to it

GridiRron
12.20.2011 , 08:25 AM | #3
Actually its pretty simple, there's a thing called IP ban. Stop thinking its blizzard cause its not.

Please post only relevant information. Would rather make a solid attempt to "help" prevent this than create another usless discussion.

Please post

Character name and website

Submit tickets too.

Thank you.

arcard
12.20.2011 , 08:27 AM | #4
if you BAN an entire IP, you can ban THOUSANDS of people, not every service provide you with a unique IP, there are providers that give the same one to a lot of streets, so... itīs not that easy to ban an IP...

GridiRron
12.20.2011 , 08:30 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by arcard View Post
if you BAN an entire IP, you can ban THOUSANDS of people, not every service provide you with a unique IP, there are providers that give the same one to a lot of streets, so... itīs not that easy to ban an IP...
Would be correct if it was 2000, IPv6 provides a unique IP for each individual. Otherwise we would have ran out of addresses years ago. Your knowledge of IP = IPv4. Now please stop posting useless information.

Ukyvakrow
12.20.2011 , 08:30 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by arcard View Post
they could do a serial number ban.... system like Eve.... that would take farmers out of the game.

KerinKor
12.20.2011 , 08:34 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by GridiRron View Post
Would be correct if it was 2000, IPv6 provides a unique IP for each individual. Otherwise we would have ran out of addresses years ago. Your knowledge of IP = IPv4. Now please stop posting useless information.
And of course everyone playing this game has access to IPV6.

In 20 years time your suggestion will probably be fine, for the foreseeable future though it's useless and you simply trying to show off your [limited] knowledge, IPV6 is still very, very rare in consumer IP space.

arcard
12.20.2011 , 08:35 AM | #8
Quote:
Now please stop posting useless information
grown up a little and watch the attitude.....

ok IPv6, itīs amazingly EASY to change to a different computer with a different IPv6 and create another character and post again the credit sales website, so forget about itīs not going to happen even with your wonderful IPv6 knowledge....
there are more urgent matters than this stupid thing, like people like me not getting their product key on the collectorīs edition, but hey if you donīt want to buy from the "credit salesman" donīt do it, i know i wonīt but credits.

or they can just buy a different account everytime they got a ban, because they are going to be making money enought to do it

gregordunbar
12.20.2011 , 08:36 AM | #9
On day TWO I sold a level 17 blue chest piece for 6k credits on the GTN...the first mount only costs 8000 credits.

The economy is already destroyed.

And this is coming from someone that does not like gold farmers...but I know the one and only way to stop them is for the company that makes the game to sell in game money and items for LESS than what gold sellers will make a worthwhile profit from and thus...the economy will be destroyed anyway.

Matdeception
12.20.2011 , 08:37 AM | #10
IP banning is wrong.

Account banning is fine.