Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Getting fed up with the lack of assistance for my SWTOR problems.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Getting fed up with the lack of assistance for my SWTOR problems.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LHUNAYR
12.27.2012 , 05:17 AM | #1
Ok, so ever since the last patch I have had some trouble with my ability to play Swtor. Due to bad advice from one of the customer assoc. on the phones just for this game. HIs only idea is to erase the assessts and then reinstall the game. Trying to figure out what was going on with my computer this last week I ended up contacting microsoft help desk b/c there seemed to be a lot of glitches/ So a couple of days a go I was forced to reinstall windows vista home premium. which I thought that would give me a clean slate.. Becasue I cannot thank of any reason that I cannot play swtor because before these previous two weeks I played everyday for atleast 8-23hrs. The launcher works fine as far as i can tell. I click on play and then the screen freezes up entirely and Im forced to hard boot any ideas to fix this issue I'd appreciate it.

Ryan Uhl a.k.a. LHUNAYR

Remair
12.27.2012 , 05:29 AM | #2
Did you remember to update all your drivers after your clean install?

Cerimon
12.27.2012 , 09:28 AM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings LHUNAYR,

Please go to this location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic

Here, you should find a folder called 'Patch', please delete this.

Once this is complete, please run the FixLauncher utility from the above location, then start the Launcher again.

Please let us know if you continue to have a problem after these steps.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

LHUNAYR
12.27.2012 , 08:06 PM | #4
Well there isn't a folder named 'patch' in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic
I also checked in my origin folder since that is where I purchased the game, and prior to the last week I would use the origin app to launch the game without any problems. So, I really hope there is a solution that doesn't involve me having to download this freakin game again. So if anyone has had the same issues and found a solution let me know.

Ryan Uhl a.k.a. LHUNAYR

Jarazar
12.27.2012 , 09:11 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by LHUNAYR View Post
So if anyone found a solution let me know.
I found a solution...I went back to playing Lotro
I give up...

LHUNAYR
12.27.2012 , 09:33 PM | #6
I've invested too much money and time to just quit trying. All of my drivers are up to date and I ran the dxdiag and everything looks correct there. As I mentioned in my previous post I'm able to launch the game, however when the loading screen comes up the resolution is terrible(compared to my native 1920x1080) and the loading wheel rotates for about 5 seconds before everything freezes up and I'm forced to hard boot my cpu. Is there a way to set the resolution of the game prior to launching it? With regards to the 'patch' file that is not present in either my origin games swtor folder or my electronic arts bioware swtor folder. There is a patcher file but its dated 07/26/12 there is something wrong with the swtor.exe I'm guessing since the launcher was able to install the latest patch. Any actual help is appreciated. Thanks

Ryan Uhl a.k.a. LHUNAYR

AndasKastor
12.27.2012 , 09:57 PM | #7
Did you try running the fix launcher program? I checked my directory and I don't have a patch folder either (but I am not having any problems).

LHUNAYR
12.27.2012 , 10:03 PM | #8
I ran the fix launcher app again just now and after it was done the patch file showed up in the origin games/swtor file. Hopefully I can follow the simple steps laid out for me earlier and erase the file and it will work, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Ryan Uhl a.k.a. LHUNAYR

LHUNAYR
12.27.2012 , 10:28 PM | #9
Yesterday , 03:28 PM | #3
REPORT POST QUOTE
Greetings LHUNAYR,

Please go to this location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic
Here, you should find a folder called 'Patch', please delete this.
Once this is complete, please run the FixLauncher utility from the above location, then start the Launcher again. Please let us know if you continue to have a problem after these steps.

I have a question about these instructions, because the only way I was able to delete the 'patch' folder was to run the FixLauncher utility and then subsequently running the launcher. So if I go ahead and erase the 'patch' folder and then run the FixLauncher utility, followed by the launcher won't that just place the 'patch' folder right back? If you could explain the reasoning, I'd appreciate it b/c it is repetitive and useless since I end up with the very thing I was supposed to get rid of. I went ahead and tried to delete the file but I wasn't allowed even with admin rights. It didnt matter though b/c the damn game keeps freezing up forcing me to hard boot my cpu about 5-10 seconds after clicking the play button on the launcher.

Ryan Uhl a.k.a. LHUNAYR

Cerimon
12.28.2012 , 09:45 AM | #10 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
LHUNAYR,

Apologies for not being clearer. If the patch folder is present when the game/launcher is not running, it should be deleted. After that, run the installer from www.swtor.com/download. Then please log into the launcher and before pressing play click on the cog icon and choose repair. Please run the repair utility multiple times until there is no indication of files being repaired. Running the setup and then repair is the same process as just running the fixlauncher.

Feel free to post again if your issue persists.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support