Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bounty Hunting in SWTOR?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bounty Hunting in SWTOR?

Bethmora
01.16.2013 , 05:37 PM | #21
Yes we should have bounties on people in game. I loved swg and the hunt for the jedi. My favorate hunt was finding this bounty in a player city, in the cantina. Him and 3 of his guild mates were in there. They agreed to let it be a fair fight just one on one and they would not heal him. It was a long fight but in the end I won.

These are the little things that can make the game fun, The Hunt.

jediharrsion
01.16.2013 , 08:44 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by UncelSam View Post
You dont get a word that your hunted. Thats the whole idea. And what if you go hide? There's others to hunt and the hunter might come back later when your not hiding.
A good sith knows how to avoid capture

Larry_Dallas
01.16.2013 , 09:12 PM | #23
I think you'd need to do away with the fleets and move all the stuff on the fleets to, I don't know, Ilum or something for this to work.

It's not unlikely you'd be trying to collect a bounty on someone who may not leave the fleet (apart from warzones, ops or alts) for months at a time.

Kintaroshi
01.17.2013 , 03:07 AM | #24
Bounty hunting in SWG was by far the most fun I've ever had in an MMO. Having that system implemented in this game would be amazing. I can't comment on CU or NGE hunting, I did mine Pre-CU. I can guarantee that the select few of us who could collect bounties on members of the council never had more fun.
Elite Warlord Kintaroshi - Powertech
-S- Silent Strike multi-MMO gaming guild since 04' -S-
=Shadowfire's Pikeman Bounty Hunter=
SOE stole my DoTs and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.

CJAShadow
01.17.2013 , 03:19 AM | #25
You could have it tied to Valor, after hitting 70 Valor (something like that) you can begin a quest arc involving pvp arenas (warzones, Outlaws Den, Ilum) and then after doing it you would be put on a bounty board.

This can go 2 ways:
Include bounty board info in WZs. Have people need to sign up to hunt someone with a bounty and when you kill that person, you get money from it. If he kills you, he gets money the bounty on him goes up. The higher the bounty, the more money he gets from killing others coming after him. The more times he is killed, the lower it will be. Gaining WZ medals would also increase the bounty, since we want these player actually trying to win.

World bounties, where people flagged for people have an announcement that you are on planet. Have a daily world pvp quest for people to do so they want to go to certain planets while others wait. If killed, the killing player gets money and other prizes. If the hunted person kills others on the way to the pvp quest, he will get a better prize.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lock- Master Zhar Lestin
Cyann- Harbinger

MelodicSixNine
01.17.2013 , 06:07 AM | #26
Bounty on the player would be fun. Players wanted bounties from early betas.

My simple idea on bounties, which shouldn't be that hard to implement:

You get a bounty ticket which lasts 1 week. If you don't kill the player within 1 week mission fails automatically. You can take 3 tickets weekly.
There are two ways to complete the bounty:
a) Killing the player in WZ - YOU have to get the killing blow
b) Killing the player in PvE world - bounty hunter to ease their work can pay a certain amount of credits for gossips(1 gossip = 10k credits for example). If a named player arrives on contested planet bounty hunter gets a mail notification and the hunt begins.
You can get bounties only on level 50 players who were active at least once in two days.

Rewards for hunts: credits, increased number of tickets, bounty hunter guild reputation(implemented in 1.7) , access to special bounty hunter area(like a separate small fleet station?) with reputation vendors + some other cool stuff like a bar you can sit and talk or whatever, empty cosmetic shells, cool vehicles, show off items(like the cantina droid) and titles.

Joesixxpack
01.17.2013 , 08:34 AM | #27
I love the idea but don't see how it could be practically done as TOR currently is set up.

Shared faction areas are slim. Many players don't go back to earlier shared planets, and once 50 we typically loaf around fleet and only a few other areas.

It could be good fun, but I'm imagining too that a lot of the people putting up bounties would be butthurt bads and jagoff griefers.

cycao
01.17.2013 , 08:40 AM | #28
Once you hit 50 you rarely leave the fleet so I don't think it would work. SWG worked because it was sandbox with no centralized location. I do miss my TKM/BH and slaying jedi pre-cu though.

Jarfunkz
01.17.2013 , 08:50 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Knockerz View Post
As I have read SWG had a lot of exploiting with that system. Like if you had 5 accounts or 5 friends all five characters could acquire your mission, which would prevent any one from acquiring it due to the 5 bh mission limit per bounty. You could feign death and become immune to attack. You could build a house in the corner of a map like on Dantooine and leave your character running on a afk macro to waste the bounty hunters time traveling. From what I recall it seemed that most people didn't like that system.
In the old days you could only hunt jedi. Feign death was a smuggler ability, but that didn't mean you couldn't spec it. Jedi was extremely powerful because you had to unlock it with a massive six month grind. You needed to obtain hologrind, master the first four it stated, and then the last one was an unknown profession, so you had 28 other classes to grind up with that toon.

After the cu, you could have THREE players hunt you. Really the only complication for this was being attacked while engaged in mass pvp. No one could heal you and of course, everyone is red.

Fun stuff. Despite what you state, SWG is by far the best MMO ever. Their crafting system is more complicated than this entire game. Player hunting can't really be implemented into this game. This was made by carebears, for carebears. You have separate imp/republic areas. Player hunting really only works in sandbox mmos.
VicVega