Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bounty Hunting in SWTOR?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bounty Hunting in SWTOR?

Ragetacular
12.27.2012 , 01:02 AM | #11
would jedi get credit for stopping the bh then? i think that rogue jedi should be allowed to bh too. gotta make it fun for everyone :P

UncelSam
12.27.2012 , 01:50 AM | #12
Yea I consider all should get some kind of reward for escaping or defeting a BH, but the hunting should be exclusive for BHs only, since they are the only ones who are entitled to get the Imperial Peace Keeping Certificate, that is needed to have to right to claim bounties.

I have been hunted too in my past, and I can assure you its very, very fun and exciting!! You dodge and run and head from cover to cover trying to get out of the BH's grip!! The BH system was teh most intense and exciting Ive experianced in any MMO I gotta say.

TalkingDinosaur
12.27.2012 , 01:55 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by UncelSam View Post
Im a experianced SWG Bounty Hunter with over 5 yrs of BHing under my belt. I can tell that all those issues you mentioned, except for the househiding were fixed in SWG. You could even BH in space in the later updates. And concerning the faction problem , it was no problem if you didnt mind hunting your wn fellow imperials too.
Let's break lore some more.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

UncelSam
12.27.2012 , 04:55 AM | #14
you mean it was not possible to hunt imps as an imp? It was no probs at all in SWG, just pick the mission and off u go. The Imperial forces had something called the Inquision that cleard out the rotten eggs from the imperial ranks. Officers taht had happen to fall in disgrace etc or imperials they suspected to be spies.

Sztoid
12.27.2012 , 05:37 AM | #15
BHing should be for BHs only. But smugglers would get some kind of reward for killing the BH or for escaping the BH hunting him.
Agreed "bounty hunting" should be for Bounty Hunters and to make things fair, Troopers should be special ops Commandos/ Military Police (MP) Vanguards, eliminating the republics most wanted.

Phrase
12.27.2012 , 07:20 AM | #16
Im a experianced SWG Bounty Hunter with over 5 yrs of BHing under my belt. I can tell that all those issues you mentioned, except for the househiding were fixed in SWG. You could even BH in space in the later updates. And concerning the faction problem , it was no problem if you didnt mind hunting your wn fellow imperials too.

The system was very fun and gave a big extra dimension to the game. But if you ask me, it was a little too easy to find your mark. It should be harder to find the mark and as I see it could be just that in SWTOR. The seeker probes could show what planet and what sector mark's position was. After that you should have to maually search the sector for the mark. It should be real hard to find the mark, as it is for real.

Id love to see the BHing system added even to SWTOR.
Never said the fights weren't fun, esp. taking down a spy. This MMO is just too much on rails, with too many restricted areas (and if BW releases restrictions, imagine full WH BHs zoning into Tython just to grief). I play on a pvp server and rarely run into pub players for open world pvp outside of Black Hole/ Section X, and even there I rarely get harassed.

As for same faction hunting, I'm sure that would make a lot of friends. I remember same faction hunters getting shunned pretty hard.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the SWG PBS, esp. pre-cu when it really mattered and jedi hunting was an art form. Just won't work in this game w/o some massive re-design.

Sixgun
The Bastion

UGLYMRJ
12.27.2012 , 11:06 AM | #17
As much as I would like to see something like this I know it does get exploited in games with a bounty system and it creates more bad than good from what I've heard. PC Gamer had a long article about the problems with it in Day Z, after announcing they had planned to put in a system with server bounties.

Anyways.... great idea and sucks that a small percentage of people can ruin it for the rest of us. But if there's anything I've learned in life, it's that people suck.

Capt_Beers
12.27.2012 , 11:30 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
As much as I would like to see something like this I know it does get exploited in games with a bounty system and it creates more bad than good from what I've heard. PC Gamer had a long article about the problems with it in Day Z, after announcing they had planned to put in a system with server bounties.

Anyways.... great idea and sucks that a small percentage of people can ruin it for the rest of us. But if there's anything I've learned in life, it's that people suck.
I learned in the USMC that it only take son person to ruin things for everyone... and there is always 5 or 6 people that can't wait to fill that role.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

MajorCuff
01.16.2013 , 04:36 PM | #19
If people want it, It can be done.
----------------------------------
The glass is half empty.

UGLYMRJ
01.16.2013 , 04:50 PM | #20
Most of us spend 90% of our time on fleet...

That could make bounty hunting difficult.