Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bounty Hunting in SWTOR?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bounty Hunting in SWTOR?

cryotekk
12.26.2012 , 08:02 PM | #1
Going across Reddit one day, a user offered 100k credits for killing a certain Guardian on PoT5. This seemed like an interesting idea, and I think Bioware should consider implementing it sometime in the future:
Rules as follow:
Only people in your group/op get credits for bounty kill
All pvp skills allowed, so assuming this would have to be open world pvp, you can stalk your target until he/she is low on health, then strike.
Bounty board on fleet, would allow you to sign up for following a bounty, would show targets class, level, race, last seen...etc
I'm just spitballing, and if a thread about this has been made, by all means let me know, I don't want to be redundant.
Thanks guys

Rincewend
12.26.2012 , 08:13 PM | #2
As I have read SWG had something like this that it seems people liked, wish they would do something along these lines at least for BH (as it seems currently BH are just Empire Troopers) and can not be hired out.

Knockerz
12.26.2012 , 08:23 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Rincewend View Post
As I have read SWG had something like this that it seems people liked, wish they would do something along these lines at least for BH (as it seems currently BH are just Empire Troopers) and can not be hired out.
As I have read SWG had a lot of exploiting with that system. Like if you had 5 accounts or 5 friends all five characters could acquire your mission, which would prevent any one from acquiring it due to the 5 bh mission limit per bounty. You could feign death and become immune to attack. You could build a house in the corner of a map like on Dantooine and leave your character running on a afk macro to waste the bounty hunters time traveling. From what I recall it seemed that most people didn't like that system.
Fiery the angels fell; deep thunder rolled around their shores; burning with the fires of Orc

Phrase
12.26.2012 , 09:32 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Knockerz View Post
As I have read SWG had a lot of exploiting with that system. Like if you had 5 accounts or 5 friends all five characters could acquire your mission, which would prevent any one from acquiring it due to the 5 bh mission limit per bounty. You could feign death and become immune to attack. You could build a house in the corner of a map like on Dantooine and leave your character running on a afk macro to waste the bounty hunters time traveling. From what I recall it seemed that most people didn't like that system.
Yeah, most people would hide in their houses or space. Others would get a guildmate to clear their bounty and split the creds. Still, it was fun when you got the rare good fight with a mark--sadly most of the time was spent camping spaceports for fights that would never happen.

A player BH system wouldn't really work in this game since 1) the BH is faction specific, and 2) there are way too many places marks can hide to be safe--in fact most lvl 50 toons spent most if not all of their time at fleet.

Sixgun
The Bastion

Rincewend
12.26.2012 , 11:11 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Phrase View Post
Yeah, most people would hide in their houses or space. Others would get a guildmate to clear their bounty and split the creds. Still, it was fun when you got the rare good fight with a mark--sadly most of the time was spent camping spaceports for fights that would never happen.

A player BH system wouldn't really work in this game since 1) the BH is faction specific, and 2) there are way too many places marks can hide to be safe--in fact most lvl 50 toons spent most if not all of their time at fleet.
It would be cool if you took the bounty you could enter all faction areas to hunt them, however if you say dropped a jedi mark on their fleet it marked you and had to fight your way back to your ship. But I would love to see it also extend to the pvp ship fighting. (the Mark could not hide on their ship).

UncelSam
12.26.2012 , 11:39 PM | #6
Im a experianced SWG Bounty Hunter with over 5 yrs of BHing under my belt. I can tell that all those issues you mentioned, except for the househiding were fixed in SWG. You could even BH in space in the later updates. And concerning the faction problem , it was no problem if you didnt mind hunting your wn fellow imperials too.

The system was very fun and gave a big extra dimension to the game. But if you ask me, it was a little too easy to find your mark. It should be harder to find the mark and as I see it could be just that in SWTOR. The seeker probes could show what planet and what sector mark's position was. After that you should have to maually search the sector for the mark. It should be real hard to find the mark, as it is for real.

Id love to see the BHing system added even to SWTOR.

ChaoticDynamite
12.26.2012 , 11:58 PM | #7
As soon as word got around that the target was me I'd just go into hiding on Taris or some heavily guarded base on Tatooine.
If theres one thing SWTOR taught me about PvP is don't hope don't ever hope just start building up your tolerance level.

Duduneco
12.27.2012 , 12:05 AM | #8
This should be available to all classes, but BH and Smuggler could maybe have an advantage/bonus. Like BHget more info where the target is or the smuggler gets more money or something.

UncelSam
12.27.2012 , 12:12 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ChaoticDynamite View Post
As soon as word got around that the target was me I'd just go into hiding on Taris or some heavily guarded base on Tatooine.
You dont get a word that your hunted. Thats the whole idea. And what if you go hide? There's others to hunt and the hunter might come back later when your not hiding.

UncelSam
12.27.2012 , 12:13 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Duduneco View Post
This should be available to all classes, but BH and Smuggler could maybe have an advantage/bonus. Like BHget more info where the target is or the smuggler gets more money or something.
BHing should be for BHs only. But smugglers would get some kind of reward for killing the BH or for escaping the BH hunting him.