Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lost Island HM waste of time

Lutese
01.01.2013 , 05:32 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
your group's gear level matters a lot too, yours is a very good accomplishment but it also begs the question about the gear level of the rest of the group.
Oh I agree totally.

The rest of the group was geared fairly well IIRC and I probably would have had some issues with either lesser geared or talented players.

Tanking it on my Powertech a guildy Merc healer used to take off all his gear (except maybe belt/bracers) and heal the run.
(He had @ 11k health IIRC)

He originally did it as a joke because my tank is ridiculously easy to heal.

I will admit that I WAS a bit "concerned" the 1st time he did it, but they ended up pulling it off so from then on when ever I tanked a Lost Island HM run he would strip off his gear to heal me.

(made him take off the belt and bracers for Kaon. 9,500 health. he really was/is an amazing healer)

That right there shows me that it is the player not the gear.

Heck, he wasn't really wearing any gear...

FlyinSpaghetti
01.01.2013 , 11:05 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Eyesmindassassin View Post
Anyway, in case anyone wants to know who these bad players are that can't do Savrak in Rakata/BH/Campaign, healer is .
Naming and shaming people is a bit immature don't you think?
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

Larry_Dallas
01.01.2013 , 02:20 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyons_Crest View Post
This flash point was " tough " at one point but it's been nerfed to make it easy for all. It's not terribly long either.
Agreed. Back in February, when the first 3-5 lightning bubbles lr-5 dropped were invisible half the time, this flashpoint was crazy. Savrak doesn't seem to hit as hard anymore either.

Edit: or march or whatever. whenever this fp first came out.

ladwar
01.02.2013 , 03:53 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Ottoattack View Post
I did not know level 50 guardians with 11K HP existed! I guess there is a first time for everything!
i know i was shocked but when i looked at his gear on 2 pieces were above lvl 45 the rest was 23-38 lvl gear and no relics.

JMCH
01.02.2013 , 09:44 PM | #45
Most issues in this FP are players related.

1- Bad healer. I mean, really bad healer, the kind of "you'll receive heals when my cup of tea will be in my mouth and the cup on the table back again" healers.

2- Bad tank. I know I'm one of these when I do it with melee dps, it's really hard to interrupt, move and cycle aggro generating stuff for a mouseclicker, but I still worked through it with a recruit marauder in the group. The tank has to know 75% of his attention (if not more) has to be put on Incinerate and how to counter it. Damage dealers already have enough work without having to do this.

3- Bad damage dealer(s). This boss requires about 2000 DPS overall, I've seen tries where I, as a tank, was doing more than what the 2 damage dealers were doing together. You read it right, a tank outclassing TWO damage dealers at THEIR work. Trying to pass guildies, I "soloed" him and found he enraged at about 20% with 1200dps. Not enough, but I had clearly non-optimal gear. One fat ranged damage dealer will be able to meet the enrage timer.

4- Bad group cohesion. Even with 1-2-3 ok, each one has to pay attention to what he does and what others do.

I first healed it and can confirm a too weak damage dealer is a pain on Sav-rak (was merc, almost full augmented WH), but I learnt from it and am now better at healing. When available, the damage dealers should pop their defensive CDs, bubbles... before the barbecue party. Lorrick requires the tank to avoid grenades, but if damage dealers (and tank in case of melee) do their job properly it's doable anyway with a fat tank. The healer will hate you because he won't be able to DPS the kolto tank, but it's doable.

I tank it too, and it works even in regular mixed Vindicator/War leader WH gear (with mixed BM ear/implants btw), as long as the healer doesn't have to burn everything on the damage dealers and himself. I once have been able to pass LR-5 with ~13k damage taken during the whole fight (as a sin, sorc healer).

Really, this FP is a check for everything, and I sort of use it as a gauge for my guildies because of that... not all have passed, and not necessarily the supposedly undergeared ones have failed.

Ivan-Drago
01.04.2013 , 02:03 PM | #46
From my experience I personally don't think it's a waste of time. And as far as how long it takes that's really dependant on the people your running with. Every one should be properly geared in at least tionese (although I've completed it with people having less than tionese). The tier 1 hard modes you can get away with mistakes as a group but in lost Island make one mistake and your wiping. You need every team member alive and on the same page.
You will wipe several times if you're with anybody who has never completed lost Island.

DarknessInLight
01.04.2013 , 04:10 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by lironBD View Post
the time it takes to get through that FP on hm is same like doing 5 time KP or EV.
this FP is utter waste of time.. after doing it once and getting useless loot for it.

I went through LI HM about 5 times now with a tank and an healer... each time it's at least one wipe on LR-5 and 2 wipes at least on Dr Lorrik.

This just frustrating quest as it's gets.

even kephess final boss fight on EC was easier then this one.

what's the point?

and worst part is the human factor.. try to explain to people not to walk on the circle as they'll get a DOT... damn someone got it 12 times in one try of Dr L.

utter waste of time.

and gear factor I got mix from columi (2\3 parts) upto campaign gear.
The LR-5 battle is a mechanics and strategy heavy fight.

The DPS MUST be the same. Either both rDPS or both mDPS. If you have 1 of each, the battle gets tougher.

The Tank MUST hold Aggro throughout this fight. There are no exceptions and it makes things harder on everyone else if they don't.

I can't speak to the Ranged Tank, but if you have a Melee Tank, you can do LR-5 one of two ways, depending on your DPS arrangement:

1. The Tank can attempt to hold threat on LR-5 on the center platform while the Ranged DPS nail him from either the left or right sides of the room.

2. The Tank can pull LR-5 around the room while Melee DPS beat him from behind.

In both cases, it is CRITICAL that everyone avoid the Static Balls he drops, because they are deadly. If you see a white reticle under you, get ready to move quickly when it changes color. He tends to target the DPS more than anyone else with this, but towards the end, the Tank may have to move off the center platform IF you chose to stay there and battle him. He has a soft enrage, but it is absolutely critical that you try to eat up as much of his health as possible before he becomes enraged, because then the static balls become a real problem.

It is also CRITICAL that you interrupt Incinerate when LR-5 casts it. 5 stacks of that WILL kill a BH/Campaign geared Tank.

The Tank should also determine early on which of his/her DPS will be generating the most threat and hit them with Guard(I'm speaking to the Guardian Tank here).

The Healer has to be on top of things in this fight. If the Tank falls, everyone dies. They should be as close to the DPS as possible to hit them with AOE heals and close enough to target the Tank when needed.
Jedi do not fight for Peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading, as slogans always are. Jedi fight for Civilization, because only Civilization creates Peace. - Jedi Master Mace Windu

mikebevo
01.04.2013 , 04:20 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by DarknessInLight View Post
I can't speak to the Ranged Tank, but if you have a Melee Tank, you can do LR-5 one of two ways, depending on your DPS arrangement:

1. The Tank can attempt to hold threat on LR-5 on the center platform while the Ranged DPS nail him from either the left or right sides of the room.

2. The Tank can pull LR-5 around the room while Melee DPS beat him from behind.
Tank can keep on the LR-5 in the center of the platfor, rdps and nail him for the the right, left, back or front...mDPS run out and plant spark bubble away from rDps/ healer and tank then force leap or force speed back into fight. Easy, just takes a little awareness by mDPS.

ladwar
01.05.2013 , 02:18 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
Tank can keep on the LR-5 in the center of the platfor, rdps and nail him for the the right, left, back or front...mDPS run out and plant spark bubble away from rDps/ healer and tank then force leap or force speed back into fight. Easy, just takes a little awareness by mDPS.
does not work all that well plus they have to be really good mdps for this to even be part of this plan. yes i have tank this and see the epic fail mdps try and the rare "good ones". and the best ones still force the tank off the center at some point usually its 35% hp on the boss or before 99% of the time and this is even with guild mates.

Brutal
01.05.2013 , 03:23 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by lironBD View Post
the time it takes to get through that FP on hm is same like doing 5 time KP or EV.
this FP is utter waste of time.. after doing it once and getting useless loot for it.

I went through LI HM about 5 times now with a tank and an healer... each time it's at least one wipe on LR-5 and 2 wipes at least on Dr Lorrik.

This just frustrating quest as it's gets.

even kephess final boss fight on EC was easier then this one.

what's the point?

and worst part is the human factor.. try to explain to people not to walk on the circle as they'll get a DOT... damn someone got it 12 times in one try of Dr L.

utter waste of time.

and gear factor I got mix from columi (2\3 parts) upto campaign gear.

l2p m8 LI its the only fun fp in this game and its easy if u know wot to do the only problem i finde with pugs its pepole who didint do it on storry mode jump in to do hm normly i just kick vote them
last time i had tank who insted of interupting boss he runn off from the fire and range of my heals/cure