Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any suggestions?

kuuwaren
12.26.2012 , 04:07 PM | #1
I've been trying to 3-man boarding party hard mode with a couple of my friends and we've been having trouble taking down Chief Engineer Kels. We have no problem making it through the rest of the FP. We know the fight(take down the droids first, watch for the shield buff, etc). The problem is we can't seem to take down the droids fast enough. I'm a sniper, tank is a jugg, and healer is a sorc. We're all pretty well geared, we've been running through hard modes and dailies for quite a while getting our gear up. I was just wondering if there's something that makes it easier besides getting a 4th person(I'm up for the 4th person, but one of my friends never wants one)?

Athena-Nike
12.26.2012 , 05:07 PM | #2
You can take out the boss first and the droids will self-destruct, but it will take a bit (30 or 45 secs I think) while they will still hit you and they really go out with a bang so you could wipe there.

Also can try fighting them infront of the two first pylons so you can ignore the back two explosions and just move back and forth to dodge the front two

Swaption
12.27.2012 , 01:34 AM | #3
Gear a companion in Columi

lironBD
12.27.2012 , 08:09 PM | #4
use ctrl+1 while marked target is one you are attacking and your pet will attack it as well.

use the proper combat mod as well. example: with my Rdps pet I have aoe and single taret modes, I set for Single target vs bosses so it helps.
Europe -> The Red Ecplipse
Oracans-> Sith Pureblood Inquisitor Sorcerer

kuuwaren
12.27.2012 , 09:27 PM | #5
Thanks for the suggestions. We'll give it a try either today or tomorrow to see if it can be done.