Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Does GF not work on Kaon HM or something?

StefanTOR
12.26.2012 , 02:15 PM | #1
I'm on The Red Eclipse EU and I joined the GF queue as DPS for Kaon HM to finish the Rakghoul weekly at 7:50PM. Got a pop at about 8:15 but someone declined and it tells me I'm on top of the list. Then from 8:15 to 9:10 I got nothing and decided to do some warzones.

I don't get it, do people that queue for all FPs get priority over people that queue for single flashpoints? I figured I would be able to group with people who have everything selected. :/

chuixupu
12.26.2012 , 02:37 PM | #2
It's always harder to queue for single flashpoints because you're limiting the number of possible people queuing. Also, a lot of people simply don't like Kaon. Every time I've got in Kaon lately someone goes "oh...Kaon, I hate this place, sorry". and leaves. (not sure why, other than being long I like it) The only people solo-queuing for it would be people trying to complete the weekly, and even less people like queuing for Lost Island so it probably isn't a lot of people. Personally, just queue for the randoms and I always end up getting Kaon at some point. Got it every freakin day last week.

Edit: Just noticed this thread below, lol http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=576044
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

SleepyKing
12.26.2012 , 02:43 PM | #3
I have found that as well. If you queue for a specific flashpoints, it takes much, much longer to pop (I have waited hours with no pop). Of course, it should take a little longer, but you would imagine that most people are queueing for all flashpoints for the daily GF so it shouldn't be that long. Perhaps there's a different queue for people who select specific FPs, so that people who select specific flashpoints aren't "dictating" where random FP queuers go?

Unfortunately, group finder is a bit of a black box, so there's no way of knowing unless the devs tell us. (As an aside, it would be great if they added details on where you are in the queue for GF).