Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

What's the secret behind Madness tree?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
What's the secret behind Madness tree?

Squidkidz's Avatar


Squidkidz
12.28.2012 , 10:51 PM | #11
The secret to Madness is the Respec Skills button.
Majinn | Blāck
<Hey im mvp> Sexual Harassment Specialist
IInfinite Empire > The Bastion

JP_Legatus's Avatar


JP_Legatus
12.29.2012 , 09:26 PM | #12
It has better range, does more damage, has more kiting tools, and IT DOES MORE DAMAGE
But yes it's pretty useless when people are hitting you since you're essentially a melee sorc with no bubble and no heals, which by itself doesn't make sense.

But that's the kicker... There will be games where nobody is hitting you and in those games madness outperforms in dps
Plaje - 65 PVP Assassin
http://www.twitch.tv/plajje

Cowflab's Avatar


Cowflab
12.30.2012 , 12:09 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by JP_Legatus View Post
It has better range, does more damage, has more kiting tools, and IT DOES MORE DAMAGE
But yes it's pretty useless when people are hitting you since you're essentially a melee sorc with no bubble and no heals, which by itself doesn't make sense.

But that's the kicker... There will be games where nobody is hitting you and in those games madness outperforms in dps
If I see a sin/shadow in lightning/balance I make it a point to single them out. I do this because I know that in a 0/27/14 spec I can burst them faster than their dots can tick, can control them more often than they can control me, and if all else fails I know that I can let them blow their wad and shroud---->medpack and melt their face anyway. Not to mention that I've never had one get the jump on me anyway.

The spec is great for PvE dps, but has no place in serious PvP.

Squidkidz's Avatar


Squidkidz
12.30.2012 , 05:00 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by JP_Legatus View Post
It has better range, does more damage, has more kiting tools, and IT DOES MORE DAMAGE
But yes it's pretty useless when people are hitting you since you're essentially a melee sorc with no bubble and no heals, which by itself doesn't make sense.

But that's the kicker... There will be games where nobody is hitting you and in those games madness outperforms in dps
We get it, your numbers are impressive but you don't kill anyone, you're like the devil, you've convinced the average joe (or nox, see what I did there =D) that you're not bad.

Stop speccing full madness.
Majinn | Blāck
<Hey im mvp> Sexual Harassment Specialist
IInfinite Empire > The Bastion

JP_Legatus's Avatar


JP_Legatus
12.30.2012 , 07:37 PM | #15
I'm not talking about spreading dots and being useless I'm talking about single target damage. Madness does more dps than deception. If you spread dots that just inflates your numbers even more past a normal madness dps level.
Many would say deception has better burst despite the sustain and I'm not convinced that's true. Between the 2 dots ticking, maul, death field, and creeping terror, you're doing some pretty nasty burst. And saying the setup takes long is irrelevant because deception has an obvious setup as well- spinning saber.
Plaje - 65 PVP Assassin
http://www.twitch.tv/plajje

Squidkidz's Avatar


Squidkidz
12.30.2012 , 09:13 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by JP_Legatus View Post
I'm not talking about spreading dots and being useless I'm talking about single target damage. Madness does more dps than deception. If you spread dots that just inflates your numbers even more past a normal madness dps level.
Many would say deception has better burst despite the sustain and I'm not convinced that's true. Between the 2 dots ticking, maul, death field, and creeping terror, you're doing some pretty nasty burst. And saying the setup takes long is irrelevant because deception has an obvious setup as well- spinning saber.
0/27/14 doesn't go up to voltaic slash.
Majinn | Blāck
<Hey im mvp> Sexual Harassment Specialist
IInfinite Empire > The Bastion

JP_Legatus's Avatar


JP_Legatus
12.31.2012 , 01:14 AM | #17
Ah the wakajinn. I've already explained my concerns about that spec and frankly I don't care to again, all ill say about wakajinn is it does less dps than full deception to get deathfield - the primary argument for this being it is useful vs multiple targets and for interrupting caps on the off node at the start of civil war, which I later realized doesn't even matter since they reduced the cd on speed allowing you to speed twice before arriving, eliminating the need for DF in the first place.
You are right about that spec having less obvious burst but the burst is quite a large amount less bursty. That's the trade off you're making.
Plaje - 65 PVP Assassin
http://www.twitch.tv/plajje

Cowflab's Avatar


Cowflab
12.31.2012 , 03:18 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Squidkidz View Post
We get it, your numbers are impressive but you don't kill anyone, you're like the devil, you've convinced the average joe (or nox, see what I did there =D) that you're not bad.

Stop speccing full madness.
He's claiming a 9k maul crit in his records thread(no screen shot of course). Am I the only one who doesn't buy that?

Squidkidz's Avatar


Squidkidz
12.31.2012 , 03:45 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Cowflab View Post
He's claiming a 9k maul crit in his records thread(no screen shot of course). Am I the only one who doesn't buy that?
There's a screenshot. It's do-able on someone who's significantly undergeared.
Majinn | Blāck
<Hey im mvp> Sexual Harassment Specialist
IInfinite Empire > The Bastion

JP_Legatus's Avatar


JP_Legatus
12.31.2012 , 07:31 PM | #20
If you want a screenshot right now, look in the harbinger server forums for the server records thread started by xIphonex aka chuckles. Somewhere around page 8 I posted the ss
I'm in Michigan for the holidays and all I have is my iPhone right now wish I could swtor
If you look further back you'll find a 9004 by spliffy
Plaje - 65 PVP Assassin
http://www.twitch.tv/plajje