Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stun bubbles STILL not "fixed"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Stun bubbles STILL not "fixed"

foxmob
12.26.2012 , 05:13 PM | #21
ROFL

dude...stop. it hurts.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjšck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Dežnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

madtycoon
12.26.2012 , 05:41 PM | #22
Does it really take 12 to fill a resolve bar?

UGLYMRJ
12.26.2012 , 06:06 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by madtycoon View Post
No... I think it's 4-5.

Rousso
12.27.2012 , 05:03 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
Let me guess, you are a Smash Monkey and you cant 1 shot people anymore? Ranged DPS > Stun BUbble. They ARE going to NERF SORCS again anyways so that the stun only procs off the caster and not his entire group (when bubbled)
Wow, yep you've got me. I bet you're so informed you even know what colour socks I've got on. Actually, no I play an assault commando and a combat spec sentinel. I didn't want to jump on the smash bandwagon because I thought it was so broken it'd get emergency patched out so never bothered to learn the play style (lol, style) I hate smash just as much as the next guy.

Quote: Originally Posted by madtycoon View Post
Yeah, I originally wrote eight but anger forced me to use hyperbole. My calculations aren't exact, I merely looked at the amount of resolve I got from one bubble stun, then used the two most accurate measuring tools I had at hand - which were my thumb and forefinger to make a guesstimate on how many "this size" go into the resolve bar. Eight's pretty accurate - which is a 24 second stun.

SuperDaioz
12.27.2012 , 05:33 AM | #25
There is a fix for it.

Select the offending Sorc and Press ALT + F.

TipsyDrow
12.27.2012 , 06:05 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
Let me guess, you are a Smash Monkey and you cant 1 shot people anymore? Ranged DPS > Stun BUbble. They ARE going to NERF SORCS again anyways so that the stun only procs off the caster and not his entire group (when bubbled)
Stop spreading rumors as truth. What the dev said in his post is that they are looking at the bubble stun and ONE of the things they are CONTEMPLATING is making the stun affect the caster only. How ever he goes on to say they KNOW that will make sorcs have less team utility and they don't want that. They would need to give them something else to replace it so they stay somewhat viable. Soooo yea, it's not going away anytime soon just as smash isn't going away anytime soon. Folks learn to play. I have a seer/tele sage specced into bubble and have had it since 1.2 nerfed us into the dirt. It is the only way to pug heal a WZ. I also have an assault vanguard, an infiltration shadow and a guardian all lvl 50. With each of them I simply whack people with bubbles a few times then move back beyond 5m's to pop it then back to melee range if needed.

Eszi
12.27.2012 , 06:33 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by ikovi View Post
Bubble Stun is not going anywhere. Bioware has already stated that it is a counter too smash.
source?

HyperThomas
12.27.2012 , 08:33 AM | #28
Chilastra - SWG
Master DaríNala
Ciraf - Justin Biebs

KKillah
12.27.2012 , 12:35 PM | #29
Terrible Players.....bubbles absorb about 3K damage. Every Melee class has a 10m attack. You run outside the 5m bubble range and use your 10m attack. Sure every now and then you will get blinded by a bubble burst. But if you are constantly being blinded then your positioning is bad. If you see someone coming at your group that is bubbled why would you stay huddled together? That is like staying close together as a suicide bomber is running at you.

On another note: Smash; honestly if you see anyone jump to you or in a pile of people why would you stand there? Smash has a 5m range so move out of the way. Or if they leap to you stun them. Intead of complaining, you should learn how to counter attacks. Some people have the time to play multiple classes so they can identify the weakness of other classes. Those that don't have the time should join a PvP guild so they can ask different classes what their weakness' are. I am assuming most of the people that complain on these threads are PvErs

Of course you will not always be able to avoid a bubble or a smash, but if were able to then it would be pointless to have those skills. On average if you watch your positioning and learn how to counter attacks you won't be stun locked. There will also be situations where you will have 3 or 4 people on you, nothing you can do about those circumstances.

And finally to finish my diatribe: if you look at these forumns every class says another class is "OP". The only agreement that everyone has is Commando/Mercs suck and need a buff. I have been sucked into the loser talk, but this talk is what causes devs to nerf classes when nerfs aren't needed.

UGLYMRJ
12.27.2012 , 12:40 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by KKillah View Post
Terrible Players.....bubbles absorb about 3K damage. Every Melee class has a 10m attack. You run outside the 5m bubble range and use your 10m attack. Sure every now and then you will get blinded by a bubble burst. But if you are constantly being blinded then your positioning is bad. If you see someone coming at your group that is bubbled why would you stay huddled together? That is like staying close together as a suicide bomber is running at you.

On another note: Smash; honestly if you see anyone jump to you or in a pile of people why would you stand there? Smash has a 5m range so move out of the way. Or if they leap to you stun them. Intead of complaining, you should learn how to counter attacks. Some people have the time to play multiple classes so they can identify the weakness of other classes. Those that don't have the time should join a PvP guild so they can ask different classes what their weakness' are. I am assuming most of the people that complain on these threads are PvErs

Of course you will not always be able to avoid a bubble or a smash, but if were able to then it would be pointless to have those skills. On average if you watch your positioning and learn how to counter attacks you won't be stun locked. There will also be situations where you will have 3 or 4 people on you, nothing you can do about those circumstances.

And finally to finish my diatribe: if you look at these forumns every class says another class is "OP". The only agreement that everyone has is Commando/Mercs suck and need a buff. I have been sucked into the loser talk, but this talk is what causes devs to nerf classes when nerfs aren't needed.
This is all very useful information.... until a team of bubbled players synchronize the ability to self pop said bubbles.

All of the above works on average players... but the small percentage of above average players that know how to capitalize on the ability can literally turn the tide of a game with stun bubbles.