Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Stun bubbles STILL not "fixed"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Stun bubbles STILL not "fixed"

DarthSabreth's Avatar


DarthSabreth
12.26.2012 , 02:59 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by darksidechemist View Post
No, no, no.
The way to fix the bubble is a) if the player has it on and intentionally clicks it off, no stun and b) if the bubble pops because of the timer (instead of damage), no stun.
or even better, the stun effect only applys to the sorc that made it and does not stun anyone else when applyed to any other teammate.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
12.26.2012 , 03:20 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by buttjammerrump View Post
fixed? its been in the game since launch. So becuase more players are wasting 2 points to have it ...it needs to get nerfed? .....seriously learn to play.
No it hasn't lmao.

Laforet's Avatar


Laforet
12.26.2012 , 07:05 AM | #13
12 bubbles 36 potential stun, rofl.

This is the part where you conveniently forget that bubble can only be applied once per 20 seconds on a person, 17 if the bubbler is a dedicated healer using the PvP set bonus.

This is also the part that you forget that the bubble is actually one of our reliable healing spells (its instant yo) and to pop it is to actually give away a bunch of healing and protection. Does smash make you take more damage?

And get your facts straight, bubble stun has been in the game since day 1, i run it since pre 1.2.
Believer - Seer - Fatman - RETIRED

Jkelectronet Poledancer new healstar inc.

RepublicPilot's Avatar


RepublicPilot
12.26.2012 , 09:23 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Laforet View Post
12 bubbles 36 potential stun, rofl.

This is the part where you conveniently forget that bubble can only be applied once per 20 seconds on a person, 17 if the bubbler is a dedicated healer using the PvP set bonus.

This is also the part that you forget that the bubble is actually one of our reliable healing spells (its instant yo) and to pop it is to actually give away a bunch of healing and protection. Does smash make you take more damage?

And get your facts straight, bubble stun has been in the game since day 1, i run it since pre 1.2.
As it is, 17-20 seconds is one of the shorter cooldowns in the game for a stun, nevermind an AOE stun applied to multiple players that doesn't break on damage, yet you say it as though it's some sort of grievance. The base problem is that this ability does not give enough resolve to the people it's repeatedly stunning (the average pvp scenario is a group of ~4 bubbled players repeatedly AOE stunning the opposing group). OP actually suggested increasing the protection power of your bubble, so not really forgetting about it being a reliable healing spell for you. Smash monkeys are just a nuke to everyone, and need to be dealt with with the same urgency as bubblestun.

But then again, Bioware are more interested in adding tack to the cartel market than pvp balance. The ability might have been in the game since pre 1.2, but has not always given the wrong amount of resolve.

islander's Avatar


islander
12.26.2012 , 10:18 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
bubble stun is a mechanic that makes zero sense.

the current balance of melee dps classes also makes zero sense.


right now they are sorta-kinda-maybe-not-really cancelling each other out. the entire balance of PvP in this game is awful at best. bioware has no clear intention of rectifying the situation tho, so complaining is futile
This. Bubble stuns were the cheap 'fix' to somewhat mitigate the OP melee classes.
I'm honestly surprised I don't see more sorcs running this spec. I personally hate running it, I feel like a battery with a bullseye on my chest 24/7. In normals I tend to stay away from it and do a different hybrid that allows me to contribute 150-200k dps while still providing some healing ability. Just depends on the group comp.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

paowee's Avatar


paowee
12.26.2012 , 12:09 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Rousso View Post
Let's get this out of the way - stun bubbles as they are currently are broken. I'm pretty dumbfounded that an emergency patch hasn't been issued for this yet - it's ridiculous. I'm not asking for them to be removed completely, but you NEED to do one of the following two things, and do it VERY soon (you've already had over a month now).

Please, please, please do one of these (or something better, I'm not a game designer):

1. Make the stun give us the correct amount of resolve - currently it takes 12 of them (alone) to fill resolve. TWELVE. Pathetic - so that's a potential 36 second stun, channeled abilities are destroyed by this.
2. Make the stun only occur when the bubble is broken on the caster - not EVERYONE it's casted on, what a ****-brained idea *slowclap*, you could also do with increasing the cooldown on it but slightly increase the amount of damage absorbed.

I expect to see this being addressed in the next patch notes.
Let me guess, you are a Smash Monkey and you cant 1 shot people anymore? Ranged DPS > Stun BUbble. They ARE going to NERF SORCS again anyways so that the stun only procs off the caster and not his entire group (when bubbled)
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

JustinxDuff's Avatar


JustinxDuff
12.26.2012 , 12:17 PM | #17
Get a sniper. Stun bubble becomes irrelevant. The problem is that PvP is too catered towards melee.
Bluntasaurus - Gunslinger - Ewoks Anonyous
Bluntskii - Sentinel - Ewoks Anonymous
Prophecy of the Five
Push the envelope, watch it bend

islander's Avatar


islander
12.26.2012 , 12:37 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by JustinxDuff View Post
Get a sniper. Stun bubble becomes irrelevant. The problem is that PvP is too catered towards melee.
ding ding ding.

this is why I'm leveling a sniper now.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
12.26.2012 , 04:41 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Laforet View Post

And get your facts straight, bubble stun has been in the game since day 1, i run it since pre 1.2.
Why don't you get your facts straight? It has not been the same since day 1. It has always been a MEZ up until they changed it to a stun in 1.4.

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
12.26.2012 , 04:50 PM | #20
Developer's logic and the birth of the bubble stun.

Developer #1: People are complaining that sorcs don't have enough burst damage.

Developer #2: Any other complaints?

Developer #1: Well, people are also complaining that the PvP has way too much CC.

Developer #2: Hmmmm... I think the only logical solution is to give more sorcs survivability and a stun bubble that they can apply to EVERYONE!!! This fixes both problems... right?

Next problem!!

Developer #1: Well... for the last 9 months people have been complaining about how bad Mercs and Commandos are...

Developer #2: Those are still in the game?