Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stun bubbles STILL not "fixed"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Stun bubbles STILL not "fixed"

Rousso
12.25.2012 , 04:54 PM | #1
Let's get this out of the way - stun bubbles as they are currently are broken. I'm pretty dumbfounded that an emergency patch hasn't been issued for this yet - it's ridiculous. I'm not asking for them to be removed completely, but you NEED to do one of the following two things, and do it VERY soon (you've already had over a month now).

Please, please, please do one of these (or something better, I'm not a game designer):

1. Make the stun give us the correct amount of resolve - currently it takes 12 of them (alone) to fill resolve. TWELVE. Pathetic - so that's a potential 36 second stun, channeled abilities are destroyed by this.
2. Make the stun only occur when the bubble is broken on the caster - not EVERYONE it's casted on, what a ****-brained idea *slowclap*, you could also do with increasing the cooldown on it but slightly increase the amount of damage absorbed.

I expect to see this being addressed in the next patch notes.

Envyyyyyyy
12.25.2012 , 05:54 PM | #2
This post is full of awesome
Vital (Shadow) Mondavi (Guardian) Midnight (Sage) Lavado (sorcerer) Enviously (Vanguard) Avaya (Operative) Anderson (Sentinel)
Thats No Moon (Founder / GM)

randiesel
12.25.2012 , 06:27 PM | #3
"Emergency patch" eh? I've been waiting for scrapper/concealment op love since the 1.2 nerfs.

Don't lose too much sleep over this whole huge problem you've unearthed. It's likely to be fixed around the same time they fix the smashing apes, which seeing as they encompass the largest portion of the playerbase, will probably never happen.
Covert-sin
Covert-ops

DarthSabreth
12.25.2012 , 08:37 PM | #4
because BW hasent seen this video of players purposly using the bubble stun to troll other players. the stun bubble is a spammable joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBV7H92uRG8
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

AdmiralParmesan
12.25.2012 , 09:44 PM | #5
Why? well im sure Mercs/Sorcs/Ops DPS have all been looking for love or help since 1.2 and non of them have really seen it?

Wait the sorc Chain lightning/wrath nerf was warranted because it did too much AOE damage? Funny you say that when deathfeild and chain lightning are only longer cooldowns on smash and do less damage combined than one smash.

I'm sorry but I don't sympathize much, bubble stuns are broken , but the entire class balance of this game is pretty broke. Smashers hitting 7k smashes against geared targets, Marauders bet in game pvp utility and defensive cooldowns and assassins being able to 1v1 any class are all broken. Many of us players of "less optimal" pvp Class/specs have been waiting for almost the entire games duration to just be brought up to par enough to play in rated.

Just in case you cna't figure out who I'm talking about

-DPS ops
-DPS sorcs
-All merc specs
-Tank PT

You barely even see mercs anymore in pvp, I wonder why........
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

cashogy
12.25.2012 , 10:20 PM | #6
bubble stun is a mechanic that makes zero sense.

the current balance of melee dps classes also makes zero sense.

right now they are sorta-kinda-maybe-not-really cancelling each other out. the entire balance of PvP in this game is awful at best. bioware has no clear intention of rectifying the situation tho, so complaining is futile

funkhouse
12.25.2012 , 10:47 PM | #7
fixed? its been in the game since launch. So becuase more players are wasting 2 points to have it ...it needs to get nerfed? .....seriously learn to play.

ikovi
12.25.2012 , 11:03 PM | #8
Bubble Stun is not going anywhere. Bioware has already stated that it is a counter too smash.
Kovi // Keim // Ayamee

darksidechemist
12.26.2012 , 12:40 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Rousso View Post
Let's get this out of the way - stun bubbles as they are currently are broken. I'm pretty dumbfounded that an emergency patch hasn't been issued for this yet - it's ridiculous. I'm not asking for them to be removed completely, but you NEED to do one of the following two things, and do it VERY soon (you've already had over a month now).

Please, please, please do one of these (or something better, I'm not a game designer):

1. Make the stun give us the correct amount of resolve - currently it takes 12 of them (alone) to fill resolve. TWELVE. Pathetic - so that's a potential 36 second stun, channeled abilities are destroyed by this.
2. Make the stun only occur when the bubble is broken on the caster - not EVERYONE it's casted on, what a ****-brained idea *slowclap*, you could also do with increasing the cooldown on it but slightly increase the amount of damage absorbed.

I expect to see this being addressed in the next patch notes.
No, no, no.
The way to fix the bubble is a) if the player has it on and intentionally clicks it off, no stun and b) if the bubble pops because of the timer (instead of damage), no stun.

totherkins
12.26.2012 , 02:58 AM | #10
the reason people are starting to QQ so much about bubble spec now instead of launch or anytime before 1.5 is because bubble cc filled resolve to rapidly now because of the "fix" to the resolve... bubble spec and cc training in this game is OP are they going to fix something they thought they already fixed with the new resolve system doubtful. So what can you do to prevent annoy bubbles have ANY ranged class take out the bubble when applied do damage when bubble is reapplied move away from the person and use your range abilities to break it.
Tötherkins - 50 tank Juggernaut
Ultimate Individual Class PVP Records 2.0
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...78#post6184878