Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Choosing MVP vote

HaLeX
12.26.2012 , 05:32 AM | #21
""""When and where the damage was aimed and recieved is what matters.""""

So true. As a healer I often have to switch to dps for the sake of the team. It will often cost me votes, but I don't have a problem with that. I'll usually vote for the guy whose numbers are really outstanding, or the guy that sacrificed numbers to guard a node or a tank, or sometimes I just vote for the guy below me. If I see someone I know I usually vote for them regardless of performance.

WolfSp
12.26.2012 , 05:55 AM | #22
Atleast on my Server there arent Votes for the highest Damage as it is just more or less meaningless for the success of a team. Usually Healers and the Players managing to get objectives alot get those MVPs so iam quite pleased with it :-)

Zeaza
12.26.2012 , 08:37 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Jannesthekille View Post
Hey guys

After taking a break for a few months I got back to the game.
But like in the old days the ones with the most damage output gets the most MVP votes.
What's your opinion about this?
I find it quite stupid actually. I'm playing as deception and every game I have +50k protection and around 150k dmg. Why shouldn't I get a MVP?

Sha'Yan
I dont know the average on your server, but an average of 150k dps and 50k prot is not even good stats absolutly not stats worth of an MVP vote from me.

Phrase
12.26.2012 , 10:03 AM | #24
I vote "Exit Warzone" unless there is an exceptional healer, then they get my vote.

Sixgun
The Bastion

Jannesthekille
12.26.2012 , 11:16 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Zeaza View Post
I dont know the average on your server, but an average of 150k dps and 50k prot is not even good stats absolutly not stats worth of an MVP vote from me.
Well as I told, I've been out for about 4 months or more. So I've only got like 4 war hero pieces atm?
I'm trying to gear up asap!

Sha'Yan

Zeaza
12.26.2012 , 11:30 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Jannesthekille View Post
Well as I told, I've been out for about 4 months or more. So I've only got like 4 war hero pieces atm?
I'm trying to gear up asap!

Sha'Yan
Yet you start a thread wondering why you dont get mvp votes
I wonder how many thread starters are like this.

Jannesthekille
12.26.2012 , 01:01 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Zeaza View Post
Yet you start a thread wondering why you dont get mvp votes
I wonder how many thread starters are like this.
Why shouldn't I wonder why I don't get MVP's? I literally always have the top protection of the team, I communicate a lot with my team, capture objectives... and most of the time not a single MVP

Carter_Mathis
12.26.2012 , 01:14 PM | #28
I've run into a voidstar before entirely naked and did 300k damage with 50k healing. In full pugs, votes will often go to the healer or highest dps, but almost never the person who can't deal damage.
Vasyel- Prime Defense- Scoundrel, Sage, Commando, Gunslinger, Guardian, Vanguard, Sentinel, Marauder

Keypek
12.26.2012 , 01:26 PM | #29
People usually vote for guildies and friends over stat leaders it seems so kind of a moot point anyway. But if I'm in a random pug I usually look at protection, heals, objective points, and then dps in that order when voting. I figure dps gets enough votes and in games like huttball it usually means they weren't actually helping that much anyway. But usually look for high numbers in the above order and if I'm not impressed with the top one I go to the next category. If you are getting protection numbers closer to or over 100k I'll give you my vote every time because there isn't enough of that in game.
K'mpek/Keypek or some variation
55s=1 of everything. Vanguard main.
Undercon __ ICE Breaker>Corellian Run>The Shadowlands

Furiel
12.26.2012 , 01:31 PM | #30
Only time I got MVP is a WZ that I recall was on my sage healer, used force speed to get the quick cap on the first node, then stayed there and guarded it all match solo. Noone ever came to try to cap it all match, and the rest of the team failed to cap another node all match so we lost. I got bored part way through and started using noble sacrifice to drop my health then I'd heal myself back up to get the free heals medals.

Got 6 MVP votes even though I did almost nothing to help us win. Heck I probably hurt the team by not being in the fray healing everyone else.

Moral of the story, most people don't pay any attention and you ever getting MVP is going to be more due to luck or random chance than your actual contribution to the fight.
Furiel Plush
Cardinal and Raid Coordinator of The Church of Alvis