Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Choosing MVP vote

cashogy
12.25.2012 , 10:30 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by BrainlessWhale View Post
MVP is a joke anyways. I literally randomly vote for MVP every Warzone because that's how unimportant it is
this.
Da'ny - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

funkhouse
12.25.2012 , 10:41 PM | #12
always voted for the one that did the most for the team effort. Damage and heals do not count. If you are on the top 2 becuase of either one.....you wernt doing your part in team effort.

Solarenergy
12.25.2012 , 11:13 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by buttjammerrump View Post
always voted for the one that did the most for the team effort. Damage and heals do not count. If you are on the top 2 becuase of either one.....you wernt doing your part in team effort.
I completely disagree with what you say about heals. If a healer was keeping his teammates alive so he got top healing numbers he wasn't doing his part in the team effort?! That makes no sense at all. It means he was actually doing his job and contributing his part.( which is a very important part) Now I understand that not every healer deserves an MVP vote just because he chose to play a healer, but the great healers deserve that vote since they have a crucial position on that team and they do their part by reducing the number of deaths their team has.

Helig
12.25.2012 , 11:24 PM | #14
I usually vote healers and dedicated tanks. Those are the two most thankless and stressful occupations in PvP, and those guys deserve a little encouragement.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Zataos
12.25.2012 , 11:29 PM | #15
You will never win because you are arguing against a objective opinion. I can't count how many huttball games I've fought and struggled to score and stop scores just to get zero votes, no big deal, people don't pay attention, in fact I was in a match and every single player on both sides received one vote, everyones a winner I guess.

Just as a side note, I usually vote on objective points, unless there's a real standout in dmg, healing or protection.
The Chaoticas Legacy -The Shadowlands Server - (40k kills)
(Havaos Jug 50) (Devaos Sorc 50) (Vorhen BH 50) (Venaos Sin 50) (Xaos BH 50) (Zorgen Jug 50) (Zataos Mara 50) (Gwaraos BH 50) (Xenaos Mara 42) (Tavaos Sin 50) (Jenaos Snip 41) (Scaraos Op 27) (Ravaos Jug 31) (Xinaos Sorc 32) (Dreadaos - Jug 22)

Reimik
12.25.2012 , 11:55 PM | #16
One time just last night I was on my assassin and got top medals top damage and decent protection out of everyone and received no MVP votes. It helps me because I can get extra valor for it. It wasn't a big deal really but I did alot for my team and we managed to win.

vimm
12.26.2012 , 12:03 AM | #17
I vote for the person I like the most.

Looking forward to the next MVP thread!
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

Edonidd
12.26.2012 , 04:49 AM | #18
Literally the only time I have ever been mad about MVP voting was a huttball game once where I was playing my Sorcerer. I pulled 3 of our 5 goals either across the line when they were stun locked and about to die, or up out of the pit because they were too dumb to pass. I scored one other of our 5 goals myself. And the 5th I had my pull on CD, but the ball carrier and 4 other members of our team were all in the pit, I was the only one who worked ahead, and I stood solo on the ledge jumping and yelling for the ball, and the Jugg ball carrier interceded to me and scored himself. That jugg ended up scoring the other 4 of the 5 goals, even though I did all of the work on all 4 of his goals. I MVP voted him because he was obviously doing a good job playing objectives. He MVP voted the highest healer, every other member of our team MVP voted the Jugg. One of only 2-3 times I have ever seen 7 MVP votes for one person in a PUG.

Evolixe
12.26.2012 , 05:16 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by criminalheretic View Post
Wait wait wait wait WAIT!!!! DPS are supposed to attack healers?!?
It's not always first priority. But most of the time i would indeedly strongly like to encourage people to put some focus onto the healers :/

KettleBelll
12.26.2012 , 05:22 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Rynis View Post
Depending on the warzone of course, I vote for the node guard.

Been in that situation many times, it definitely deserves a vote.

Edit: Unless they don't know how to call incs.

This is the perfect example of bads, voting for bads equal to them.

If you blow away everyone in your wz, often you'll get zero votes. If you are in the same tax bracket as the other bads in your wz, but beat them by like 3k in something, you get MVP.
Kettlebell - Prophecy of Five Server