Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why can Sins combat stealth then use out of combat healing infront of you?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why can Sins combat stealth then use out of combat healing infront of you?

Leafy_Bug's Avatar


Leafy_Bug
12.26.2012 , 09:15 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by WaywardOne View Post
It is cheap. Sure you can use your cc breaker but then he can just stealth and cc you again if he's waiting for your break. I don't have a solution short of giving sap a cd.
If you give it a cd then make it available at all times. Bear in mind that most saps can be done at all times, the shadow and scoundrel have to be out of combat. This is the trade-off. See the whole picture, no tunnel vision because people are getting outplayed and have mind maze on them. Give me cd, then make it like a sage, where I can cc ever minute.

Cowflab's Avatar


Cowflab
12.26.2012 , 09:25 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by WaywardOne View Post
It is cheap. Sure you can use your cc breaker but then he can just stealth and cc you again if he's waiting for your break. I don't have a solution short of giving sap a cd.
There is a solution. Don't get caught with your pants down alone in team/objective based PvP. Duels are nout a good measure for PvP balance. Hard counters exist, and some players are better than others in duels. I'm also calling BS on the "I lose 50% hp in 2 seconds." 1) because getting off the ground implies the player used spike/shadow equivalent. 2) because there is a 1.5 second GCD which would allow for only one more ability, which at most would be a recklessness discharge for 4.5k or a maul for 5.5k(estimates of course). Either way, that would mean you have 8.5k-11k hp and have no business PvPing or dueling anyway.

HoboWithAStick's Avatar


HoboWithAStick
12.26.2012 , 09:57 AM | #43
Its really not that cheap and I will tell you why. A good sin will hardly ever lose a 1v1 match so the fact they need to heal up means they were probably almost dead by the time you got to them or they just killed your friend and are going to start working in on you and he just so happens to need to heal after you both beat on him.

The other thing with this trick is its done all the time with stealth classes but you hardly notice it to complain about it, they do this often when they have their buddys to back them up, they stealth and find a corner to hide in and heal before they come back.

Individual's Avatar


Individual
12.26.2012 , 02:52 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by HoboWithAStick View Post
Its really not that cheap and I will tell you why. A good sin will hardly ever lose a 1v1 match so the fact they need to heal up means they were probably almost dead by the time you got to them or they just killed your friend and are going to start working in on you and he just so happens to need to heal after you both beat on him.

The other thing with this trick is its done all the time with stealth classes but you hardly notice it to complain about it, they do this often when they have their buddys to back them up, they stealth and find a corner to hide in and heal before they come back.
finding a corner is one thing, but mezing and unstealthing right infront of you to heal while your cc'd is stupid. The second they use their combat stealth, both of them should be able to use out of combat heals. It doesn't take both people out of combat, only the sin or shadow. It's dumb.

Evolixe's Avatar


Evolixe
12.26.2012 , 03:03 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Rynis View Post
Not only do I heal up in front of the scrub who let me do that to them, I also throw in a /flap or /chuckle maybe even a couple /sits.
And then i make you regret that by killing you regardless of your reset.

Wouldn't be the first time lol

Either way, this is just something you can do as a shadow but only as long as the target does not have a combat tag with another player. It's extremely good when used properly, but due to it's cost, is hardly to be called overpowered for anything but resetting a 1v1 fight.
Evolixe [ToFN/PoT5] Exilove
PvE AMR - Livestream - PvP AMR - BiS PvP Mad/Bal - BiS PvP Dec/Infi
Quote:
Open yourself to suggestions from others.
There is so much to be learned from other people no matter how good you are.

Evolixe's Avatar


Evolixe
12.26.2012 , 03:05 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Individual View Post
finding a corner is one thing, but mezing and unstealthing right infront of you to heal while your cc'd is stupid. The second they use their combat stealth, both of them should be able to use out of combat heals. It doesn't take both people out of combat, only the sin or shadow. It's dumb.
It does take both out of combat. You can't mez a target that is in combat and you can't meditate/seethe in combat.

The fact that you are mazed disables you to act.
Evolixe [ToFN/PoT5] Exilove
PvE AMR - Livestream - PvP AMR - BiS PvP Mad/Bal - BiS PvP Dec/Infi
Quote:
Open yourself to suggestions from others.
There is so much to be learned from other people no matter how good you are.

HoboWithAStick's Avatar


HoboWithAStick
12.26.2012 , 03:10 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Individual View Post
finding a corner is one thing, but mezing and unstealthing right infront of you to heal while your cc'd is stupid. The second they use their combat stealth, both of them should be able to use out of combat heals. It doesn't take both people out of combat, only the sin or shadow. It's dumb.
Actually it does take you out of combat, the only reason why you wouldn't be able to seethe right away is because you were in combat with something else or sometimes when you are dotted and someone reswans fast it keep you in combat for a second or two.

Most of the time when sins pull this trick you won't have any time to heal up anyways as you will be sapped as soon as they stealth.

You have to realise this isn't something that is pulled off that often anyways. Its normally not even needed and its VERY VERY situational. I've been playing stealth classes for over half a year and have only pulled this off about 5 times. All the conditions have to be right.

Don't complain about something you will probably never even see again.

Smashbrother's Avatar


Smashbrother
12.26.2012 , 03:33 PM | #48
Don't think anyone is complaining about this in WZs, only duels.

Zunayson's Avatar


Zunayson
12.26.2012 , 04:16 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Rynis View Post
In both situations the result is the same (1 person stunned the other back to full heatlh), so I honestly don't understand why it matters if you are out of combat or not.
Operatives, according to devs, are balanced around healing, clensing, etc. It was given as a reason why they don't have a formal gap closer or quick speed like sins do. Healing was that "utility". It's like how a sorc is balanced around Force speed + los + heals.

OOC rest is not class-specific it's all the same. Sins were probably not directly meant to be using it like this, but oh well.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

Cowflab's Avatar


Cowflab
12.26.2012 , 04:28 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
Don't think anyone is complaining about this in WZs, only duels.
Correct! Which makes this thread stupid and irrelevant.