Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why can Sins combat stealth then use out of combat healing infront of you?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why can Sins combat stealth then use out of combat healing infront of you?

Abkhazia
12.27.2012 , 02:57 PM | #111
Quote:
Because it's not broken. According to BW's philosophy on assassins, they SHOULD be exiting combat often to gain their advantage. THIS was the intention of BW.

Anyway, tata.
Still need to play a little more but it seems to take a long time to get out of combat so sap isn't even viable in the middle of a group fight even with chain cc which makes it not a very good ability for you guys in group combat so I'm not sure why you wouldn't want it changed.

Quote:
It's because MMO PvP balance is not based around a stupid, fruitless time filler like a 1v1 duel. That's probably why. Why all the crying over duels? I don't see where the resistance is coming from.
Because it leaves group pvp unchanged? Seriously is this even a question? Maybe if only 2 people are present sentinels should one shot the other person because it is 1v1 and who cares! It is an easy fix that has no bearing on group pvp either way. It would be fantastic if 1v1 is balanced but I actually care about 1v1 balance LESS THAN ANY OF YOU. GET IT. There just isn't a reason to ignore it on issues such as these. If you are an assassin you just don't want to be nerfed in 1v1 which is juicy irony.

stephenalandavie
12.27.2012 , 02:59 PM | #112
This thread still going? sorry come back when they have nerfed operatives
Woa, oh, oh, oh
For the longest time

Cowflab
12.27.2012 , 04:18 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Abkhazia View Post
Still need to play a little more but it seems to take a long time to get out of combat so sap isn't even viable in the middle of a group fight even with chain cc which makes it not a very good ability for you guys in group combat so I'm not sure why you wouldn't want it changed.

Because it leaves group pvp unchanged? Seriously is this even a question? Maybe if only 2 people are present sentinels should one shot the other person because it is 1v1 and who cares! It is an easy fix that has no bearing on group pvp either way. It would be fantastic if 1v1 is balanced but I actually care about 1v1 balance LESS THAN ANY OF YOU. GET IT. There just isn't a reason to ignore it on issues such as these. If you are an assassin you just don't want to be nerfed in 1v1 which is juicy irony.
The irony is that you're crying about a pointless issue to progression in the game. The only time I am able to cloak--->mez---->seethe in a WZ, is when I catch a tard away from an objective by himself and in all honesty, that tard deserves to get ganked. He's being useless to his team at that moment. If you're one of those people, you deserve it too. You're asking for a fundamental mechanic of a class to be changed because it damages your ego. Since that clearly isn't your gripe... Cry more.

Larzi
12.27.2012 , 04:32 PM | #114
I never have a problem, just keep a dot on the target (in my case a grenade) for when they stealth out.

I remember about 6 months ago when they nerfed the **** out of the assassin/shadow class.... because it was broken. Kudos on those that stuck out the class and adapted to the class you enjoy.

I will say that i feel the class still has more utilities than it needs while being able to self heal and keep up sustained dmg. Just my 2 sents.
Pub: 55 vanguard tank/ 55 mando/ 55 guard/55 scoundrel

Imp :55 jug tank/ 55 pt/55 sin/ 47 sniper

Larzi
12.27.2012 , 04:36 PM | #115
SO assassins have a Self Heal, Pull, Sprint, Invis, an Escape and a min long stun? that about right?

Yup, you guys are on par with every other class *snicker*

Jiminison
12.27.2012 , 04:41 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Individual View Post
Pretty annoying and overpowered. Don't think Bioware thought this one through. A shadow or sin can be almost dead, pop their combat stealth, cc you while in stealth, then come out of stealth and use their out of combat heal to heal to full just about. Awesomeness. I really really wish Bioware would do something about it. Not to mention they have 4 CC abilities.
So you are saying you win the first fight they have to scurry off too fight again sounds like you are winning more than losing that fight apparently but you expect to win 100% of the time I guess then. I love watching the classes with direct heals heal from 10% to 100% while you are stunned they dont have to run off they just do it in front of you.

Jiminison
12.27.2012 , 04:46 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Larzi View Post
SO assassins have a Self Heal, Pull, Sprint, Invis, an Escape and a min long stun? that about right?

Yes watching green numbers a little over 200 is op heals vs 2000- 8000 damage numbers flying around at a faster rate is a nice off set.

Rynis
12.27.2012 , 04:48 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Larzi View Post

Self heal: I assume you mean force lightning? Way up the tank tree
Pull: Way up the tank tree...not given to us like vanguards/ptechs
Sprint: Gap closer nothing to see here
Escape: Stealth class has a vanish? Okay
Min long stun: No lol
#AlmightyTeejus-#twitch.tv/bjagz

Larzi
12.27.2012 , 04:51 PM | #119
If i recall from the first month i played SWOTR ( I was an assassin cus i was a sheep) the self heal is an AoE drop that can hit several peeps, still pretty OP for a tank to have a self heal like that.

And also invis
And also escape
And also a pull
And also a sprint
And also a minute long stun
And also a killing blow (hella dmg below 30%)
And also ...... oh whatever, you guys have to wear dresses! hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehee

Larzi
12.27.2012 , 04:51 PM | #120
How long does Whirlwind last? And the cooldown on it?