Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So. Ninjas yea?

idavies
01.24.2013 , 10:12 AM | #51
Why don't they just give all four players a class specific piece of kit each? Would it really reduce the time players spend playing? I've done FE HM four times now.... not a sausage! Three times the item was no use to me so I passed and the fourth time I got ninja'd by a player needing the piece of kit I was chasing after that was no use to him. So now it's quite simple. I don't do HM's any more. I just take all my 50's through their daily's and take the BH route instead and don't bother with Columi.
Uranium 55 Commado Lithium 55 Guardian
Promethium 55 Gunslinger Berylium 55 Sage
Rhodium 55 Sentinel Plutonium 55 Shadow

Jeweledleah
01.24.2013 , 02:11 PM | #52
one thing I don't get with this whole needing thing for companions, especially while leveling, is that companions are so very easy to gear. as long as you have a set of moddable armor for them (which is also not that hard to get, as I've been doing that on every single character I have) - you just get appropriate mods and you are golden. (and like it was said few posts above me, orange gear for yourself - same story. I tend to outfit my characters in a set I like them to wear as quickly as possibly, and then I just update the mods, as they level. especially with campaign armoring being what carries the set bonus, I can do that at end game as well.

I don't tend to sweat it if a lose a roll, but I do call out someone for rolling need on everything that drops (usually they either don't know what the button means - and if your lvl 30 flashpoint is your first one, you may not know, or they are trolls to avoid). I don't see loot as my loot until its in my inventory. doesn't mean that people shouldn't be considerate to each other, since it tends to make for more pleasant runs. at least for me it does.

Quething
01.24.2013 , 04:16 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
one thing I don't get with this whole needing thing for companions, especially while leveling, is that companions are so very easy to gear. as long as you have a set of moddable armor for them (which is also not that hard to get, as I've been doing that on every single character I have) - you just get appropriate mods and you are golden. (and like it was said few posts above me, orange gear for yourself - same story.
Not quite. Tanks and tank companions gear up pretty easily with planet comms (a dime a dozen if you're running daily FPS), but DPS and healers have it harder. Any given comm vendor is going to offer Guard and Commando armor one tier higher than any Skill or Might mod he carries. (And who in the world is using Patron? Why does it even exist? Even in PvP you want Cunning more than health.) I've been using Corso for DPS on my Scoundrel, since I'm leveling with a Vanguard friend of mine, and it's been a complete pain in the arse getting him geared out without constantly shipping mods across faction from my cybertech. He did in fact spend fifteen levels wearing the Esseles trooper chest, with me slowly sticking better mods in it until I had the social for the Balmorran gear I actually wanted him in. It was the first free heavy orange shell I came across, and it came with mods that were a major upgrade for him at the time.

Of course, I greeded for it. Because I'm not a total douchebag.

LarryRow
01.24.2013 , 04:32 PM | #54
I almost never look at chat anymore to see how people rolled. Even for characters that actually need gear from the content I'm doing. Gearing up is so easy, whether you are leveling or fresh 50, that I don't care and would rather just enjoy the content. The only time gear rolls really matter, I'm playing with my guild anyway.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

AesirUesugi
01.24.2013 , 05:36 PM | #55
Happens once per run, across all lvl's and factions. Usually if you point it out to them they will give it to you though but really it isn't that hard to take a couple of seconds to double-check when needing on Oranges and Purples wether that +Aim piece is really a Merc Healer piece or actually +Defense + SHield Powertech armor.

Hakrin
01.24.2013 , 06:09 PM | #56
I must be lucky on my server i almost never see this even when leveling my alts. I only need on stuff than my class can use or if no one else needs it ill ask if i can need it for a companion. At this point almost all of my companions are in at least Columi quality gear, my healer has some BH and Rakata stuff.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war"
Plato

RidgeBlader
01.24.2013 , 06:16 PM | #57
BioWare could just do away with the current loot system and have individual drops for kills with a random% rate for the better loot drops across the board and remove the whole vote roll.

Vote rolls are antiquated.

However until they do just need everything

jks
Success is measured in blood; yours or your enemy´s

Jeweledleah
01.24.2013 , 06:33 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Quething View Post
Not quite. Tanks and tank companions gear up pretty easily with planet comms (a dime a dozen if you're running daily FPS), but DPS and healers have it harder. Any given comm vendor is going to offer Guard and Commando armor one tier higher than any Skill or Might mod he carries. (And who in the world is using Patron? Why does it even exist? Even in PvP you want Cunning more than health.) I've been using Corso for DPS on my Scoundrel, since I'm leveling with a Vanguard friend of mine, and it's been a complete pain in the arse getting him geared out without constantly shipping mods across faction from my cybertech. He did in fact spend fifteen levels wearing the Esseles trooper chest, with me slowly sticking better mods in it until I had the social for the Balmorran gear I actually wanted him in. It was the first free heavy orange shell I came across, and it came with mods that were a major upgrade for him at the time.

Of course, I greeded for it. Because I'm not a total douchebag.
huh. I actually found tanking companions to be more difficult to gear as they are the ones that get mods of the lower level. heavy on endurance with some defensive stats - you are lucky if you find it at all. most recent character I was leveling - agent, Kaliyo at one point wore enhancements that were 10 levels lower then her actual level.

granted... I do use my cybertech to supplement the mods (mostly armoring, as it costs 7 coms, instead of 2), but before I could, you could often find those mods sold on GTN and worst case scenario - every planet has a mod vendor with green mods for affordable cost.

I tend to just greed most things while leveling though, unless aforementioned upgrade is also something I really want because of its looks. and if its not visible upgrade for my character - I ask before hitting need)

LogicalPremise
01.24.2013 , 07:29 PM | #59
I've just started ignoring them. I play only healers and tanks, and almost all the people who need on crap they can't use are DPS, so I just ignore away. I'll send them a message letting them know that, too.

Seriously, people. If everyone just follows three rules, it will come to an end.

1) Announce at the beginning of the run: Need for yourself, greed for everything else. If someone doesn't agree, kick them, if you are the only one in the group who wants those rules, leave and reque. Don't argue, don't complain.

2) Anyone who ninjas, ignore. Go in Genchat, call their name and guild out. Whenever I hear someone saying someone else is a ninja, I ignore the person they call out.

3) Get with a good guild.

Most of these people who defend need for companions/alts are unguilded and , increasingly, many of them are poor players. I had a guy ninja a mainhand columni from me he couldn't use. Garbage. Couldn't heal worth crap, didn't bother to rez, and singlehandely caused two wipes with his incompetence. I ignored, sent a PM to his guild leader, and went on my merry way.

I no longer care about the specious arguments of the 'need is fine for companions' people. I've been burnt far too many times, and I've seen several people on this board who claim need is fine for companions howl like hypocrites when you do it to them to believe these people are anything but thieves.
Majynn - 55 Sith Sorcerer - The Society
Garadan- 53 Sith Juggernaught - VTSU
HARBINGER

DataBeaver
01.26.2013 , 11:15 AM | #60
Recently I got called out for needing on a biometric crystal alloy since I can't make a rakata whatever stim (I'm a cybertech). I politely educated the person that all crafting skills can in fact use those materials, and he seemed to understand it.

Crafting materials are perhaps the hardest to form a policy on. On a single occasion I've seen it announced at the beginning of an op that everyone should need on mats. If no such announcement is made, I'll wait a moment and need if I see anyone else needing on it, otherwise I greed.