Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So. Ninjas yea?

_biddan_
12.26.2012 , 07:21 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Zarakaar View Post
Can't buy a purple power crystal on the GTN. Gotta pull it from non-Warrior Columi gear. I'm not talking about disassembling, which is a variant of a greed roll, I'm talking about taking something to mod-rip because you want the crystal or enhancement (which have no main stat.)

You aren't entitled to every piece of loot with your main stat on it. I wouldn't roll against anyone for a companion, but if I'm running a FP for a specific drop I intend to use, I don't care what other people there feel my priorities should be.
instaead of just stealing what a warrior needs just ASK NICELY,it's not hard.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

Mowermanx
12.26.2012 , 07:46 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Petnil View Post
For some people this is their first MMO. At low levels try explaining how this need and greed thing works. In the first couple of FP the ninjas are alot more common than in the later FP, so some of the ninjas probably do so because they dont know better.
Definitely this, I had a player that thought greed "sounded" you know, greedy, so he picked need instead, he was actually doing the opposite of what he was intending.
After a couple of tells, this was his first mmo.

Daxy
12.26.2012 , 10:56 PM | #33
if it happens once i call out the player

if it happens again - advise everyone in group to need on everything as well and sort it out later as you try to kick the original ninja

Lyshar
12.27.2012 , 02:20 AM | #34
There are no hard rules, and then would you want customer service to spand more time on those and less on more important issues? Not that I'm too impressed with support at this time, but still making them waste more time playing mommies and daddies won't benefit the game long term.

It's an issue we have to sort out as players, and the general rule of thumb is that need means it's a direct improvement for your character.

The best example of handling the situation I can give: I was playing a Juggernaut tank and a piece I needed dropped, and ofcourse a sniper or sorcerer or something other damage (not a warrior) rolled need and got it ofcourse. So I asked him to give it to me cause it was a need for me and his character had no use for it (was already having the bind timers when this happened). He ignored me or made stupid comments that he needed it for companion or whatnot, or even said he wanted to sell it (with it being bound), so I put him on ignore. I then proceeded waiting for the item to be given to me, so that person had to give it to another group member who gave it to me, then we continued, but I didn't take him off my ignore list, so I never grouped with him again (so far), at least won't on that character.

So perhaps he learned how to behave, or perhaps he's on a lot of ignore lists now or even left.

I do have to say this has gotten a LOT worse since "free to play", making it more important to teach people uncommon sense (I just can't call it that common). If I was a free to player i'd try to break the stereotype, but a LOT are just confirming it.

At the end of the day the ignore list is your friend, too bad it doesn't work with warzones.

Zarakaar
12.27.2012 , 11:11 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by _biddan_ View Post
instaead of just stealing what a warrior needs just ASK NICELY,it's not hard.
Just getting people to understand what mod ripping was in this thread took 2 posts. Good Luck with all 3 people in a pug.

Asking nicely gets you told "No dats for teh merc, dont be greedy." I'm just pointing out that people have unreasonable expectations of entitlement, and I'm going to ignore their etiquette when I think it's wrong. I'd be happy to tell them ahead of time if I were a tank, but I have no leverage as a melee DPS, so rather than get kicked by asking before the drop, I'll just wait and roll - since the game client tells me I have every right to. If I can't explain my position sufficiently to stay off an ignore list, then I'll consider myself lucky to never see that person again.

Only once have I succeeded in winning the crystal I wanted in a 5man. I waited for the merc healer to greed the item, then I picked need - since the guy who probably feels most entitled didn't Need it. Even then I got called out on it, on behalf of the merc, but by another player. He seemed to understand what I told him about wanting the crystal, but still thought, "What if other people also wanted it for that reason? That's a greed roll!"

No. I don't think it is. I'd have no right to complain if others needed it and I lost. Sorry I insulted his sense of fairness, but my gain was no one's loss.

ChroniKill
12.27.2012 , 11:28 AM | #36
To be honest, it would be easy to sort out if BW wanted. Stick with the current system, but each player only gets one need roll per FP on an item that isn't specific to their class.

The current system usually works, and people, in my experience, usually don't do it after being called out. If they do they can be replaced.

rashencyberspeed
12.27.2012 , 11:45 AM | #37
I think there should be a "Companion" button. It's annoying when a gear upgrade for me is lost to someone who picks need on an item they won't actually use, and will only give to their companions.
But on the other hand, it is also annoying when gear I can't use, but have a companion who can, is lost to someone who is just going to sell it.
I wholeheartedly agree that players are more important than companions. But I also think companions should out prioritize people who won't use the gear in any way and will just make some extra credits off it.
I imagine that the "companion" button would place you at a lower priority than "need", but at a higher priority than "greed".

smirremiro
12.30.2012 , 10:01 AM | #38
I do need stuff not for my current character class ONLY IF someone doesen't really need it. And really i mean that they have like tionese chest and columni drops (no need from me), but when he does have columni and boss drops columni he will need it for offspec and in that case i need it for my other character and i take that as a equal situation = Need roll from him and me.

When you need something for you companion, it's just wrong. (You WANT that but you dont NEED it)

Oh and i forgot to say that i'm also polite and ask if it is ok to need for other toons i have.

In conclusion: I'm not sure if i am a ninja or not

And for those who are planning to say: They are BOP OMG NOOB, there is a way to do something to get them to your other toons, while they are BOP )
Proud owner of Collectors Edition

"I will not leave you here. I have to save you." -Luke
"You already have, Luke." -Darth Vader

TheMarmalade
12.30.2012 , 01:20 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Zarakaar View Post
Just getting people to understand what mod ripping was in this thread took 2 posts. Good Luck with all 3 people in a pug.

Asking nicely gets you told "No dats for teh merc, dont be greedy." I'm just pointing out that people have unreasonable expectations of entitlement, and I'm going to ignore their etiquette when I think it's wrong. I'd be happy to tell them ahead of time if I were a tank, but I have no leverage as a melee DPS, so rather than get kicked by asking before the drop, I'll just wait and roll - since the game client tells me I have every right to. If I can't explain my position sufficiently to stay off an ignore list, then I'll consider myself lucky to never see that person again.

Only once have I succeeded in winning the crystal I wanted in a 5man. I waited for the merc healer to greed the item, then I picked need - since the guy who probably feels most entitled didn't Need it. Even then I got called out on it, on behalf of the merc, but by another player. He seemed to understand what I told him about wanting the crystal, but still thought, "What if other people also wanted it for that reason? That's a greed roll!"

No. I don't think it is. I'd have no right to complain if others needed it and I lost. Sorry I insulted his sense of fairness, but my gain was no one's loss.
I have honestly never seen someone say no if someone asked if the could do a need roll for a comp or alt. Just ask, I and many others will just say take it even if I need it. But if you roll need for an alt without asking you will likely wind up on my ignore lists and get booted. What's funny about this is that it is always the dps who does this stuff and they are the ones who should be doing anything possible to stay off healer and tank ignore lists.

Genuine
12.30.2012 , 01:22 PM | #40
you sent a Ticket ? what do you think there going to do about it ? they do my head in too but it would never cross my mind to submit such an useless ticket. you can do 2 things

1 need everything and become the thing you hate
2 only play with Guild members or friends
BIOWARE PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS THREAD Collectors edition vendor