Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guild Protest

x_XDeathX_x
12.25.2012 , 03:30 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
As mentioned by a few folks before, I suggest the following...

1)
6) The ability to declare war on another guild, based on a vote, allowing same faction open PVP against the enemy guild on sight.
Now thats a awesome idea! lmao would love the idea of warring with guilds and when your around each other in pvp zones you go instant red no matter same faction or opp lol
It Burns When I PVP - The Harbinger
Assassin - xxdeathxx

cohmereman
12.25.2012 , 03:33 PM | #22
One of the best guild system I've used was in the now dead City of Heroes. We had our own base, places to put salvage and crafted items. Plus we could build the base the way we wanted it to look. Together with teleports to all main zones.
Our own chat channel (plus the players could make their own channels). It gave us something to work for and hang out.

x_XDeathX_x
12.25.2012 , 03:42 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by cohmereman View Post
One of the best guild system I've used was in the now dead City of Heroes. We had our own base, places to put salvage and crafted items. Plus we could build the base the way we wanted it to look. Together with teleports to all main zones.
Our own chat channel (plus the players could make their own channels). It gave us something to work for and hang out.
They do have the ability to make channels but we really need things based on guild members, ex: you group with all guildies and when you do a flashpoint with a full group of guildies you gain so much exp like the legacy system just alittle bit here and there to gain perks, different things from a list of guild functions that open up as your guild gets higher in level/rank.
Assassin - xxdeathxx

kraykind
12.25.2012 , 03:52 PM | #24
I'm subbing to this thread
Anyway I'm probably restating some other ideas, but guilds can get boring very fast, even tedious for leaders. I mean it's hard to coordinate raids the way you want it, WZ's are a little easier, there should be more guild friendly features to help coordinate fun things just so you aren't stuck doing the same thing over and over again.
I've read your other thread where you were doing guild events with the community and it sounded fun and very creative, I also kind of thought "it's probably a ***** to coordinate all of these things"
The calendar sounded great as many guild members use that as a reason to not know what's going on, if there was one in game, it would help make things go much smoother.
I also liked the ideas of having a guild "base" and I really enjoy the idea of friendly "guild wars"
I have a couple ideas I'd like to express also, there should be easier transport options to and from certain places, such as world bosses, Illum, and other places guilds sometimes go for events
This may sound bad to some of you but I also think there should be some "mini-games" in swtor

That's all I had to say if I think of more I will definitely post here, thanks for the thread xxdeathxx!

Edit: oh and guild bases should be customizable to a point
Edit2: There should also be guild banners just like the republic banners imperial banner etc that you can customize.

x_XDeathX_x
12.25.2012 , 04:10 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by kraykind View Post
I'm subbing to this thread
Anyway I'm probably restating some other ideas, but guilds can get boring very fast, even tedious for leaders. I mean it's hard to coordinate raids the way you want it, WZ's are a little easier, there should be more guild friendly features to help coordinate fun things just so you aren't stuck doing the same thing over and over again.
I've read your other thread where you were doing guild events with the community and it sounded fun and very creative, I also kind of thought "it's probably a ***** to coordinate all of these things"
The calendar sounded great as many guild members use that as a reason to not know what's going on, if there was one in game, it would help make things go much smoother.
I also liked the ideas of having a guild "base" and I really enjoy the idea of friendly "guild wars"
I have a couple ideas I'd like to express also, there should be easier transport options to and from certain places, such as world bosses, Illum, and other places guilds sometimes go for events
This may sound bad to some of you but I also think there should be some "mini-games" in swtor

That's all I had to say if I think of more I will definitely post here, thanks for the thread xxdeathxx!

Edit: oh and guild bases should be customizable to a point
Edit2: There should also be guild banners just like the republic banners imperial banner etc that you can customize.
Thanks for helping me make a point bro yea we try our best to do custom events but we are so.... limited on what we can do, its hard to get creative when you got hardly anything to work off of, i mean if they had an system that time-stamps when you beat something or gather/make something, I would work with something like that for rewards for lets say "First to learn the craft-able Item ___ " but speak out to your guild members get them to express there idea's in this topic. But, many of your idea's I like and with all this money coming in from cartel coiners they should be able to function better and maybe hiring more ppl to pickup the load.

One thing along with guild capital ships, is open space area for pvp combat and non-rail system. I'm not asking for a completely open space system that goes on forever but a place to navigate and just explore that side of the game rather than be stuck on the ground, when you say star wars... what is the first thing you think about "Space Battles and space ship stuff right" i'm not sure but I think its the word "Star" maybe lmao that gives it away what do you think, but again thanks for being cool and I remember you from other posts
Assassin - xxdeathxx

Darth_Victus
12.25.2012 , 05:04 PM | #26
Should be in the suggestion thread, but I agree.

There needs to be more guild tools.

As a guild leader if I am not online, I can not see who comes or goes from the guild. As a guild, we can not plan events in game, instead we have to use an out of game website to plan most events. Which most of the time members don't see because they pay monthly to play the game, not stalk the guild website.

kloma
12.25.2012 , 05:15 PM | #27
cross faction friends list plz

Jholiday
12.25.2012 , 06:00 PM | #28
Things that need added for guilds.

Tax system from individual questing that deposits to guild bank.
The devs admitted they forgot about that when guild banks came out.

A guild challenge banner. Similar to the faction banners.

A attendance tracker that shows when person "X" was last online.

3 ranking systems...
1. Pve progression
2. Pvp reputation
3. Combo of the scores and overall rank.

Calendar system

Guild war ship
You stack em up, I burn em down !

x_XDeathX_x
12.25.2012 , 07:02 PM | #29
yea i figured they would have the tax system to help offset guild repairs.
Assassin - xxdeathxx

PsychKenn
12.25.2012 , 07:37 PM | #30
Love the point made that community in game means players would care more about the game because to a large extent that is true. Besides all of what has been said, which I agree with, I think that a lot of the temporary weekly boosts to exp, valor, etc. like they have in GW2 would be nice.

To speak Bioware's language of choice now though I would also add that all of the boosts and customizations to guild ships and lots of other guild perks be purchasable with some type of guild currency that you buy with Cartel Coins. This would be a large revenue source and if used to augment guilds would be a fairly constant money stream. The larger your guild the more donations of "Guild Commendation" lets say you'll get. Not a perfect system, but let's face it the days of the old Legacy type system are gone and they'd have to have a $ reason to do all this. Cheers and good thread.