Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guild Protest

Tweaked
12.25.2012 , 02:31 PM | #11
as someone else said and i shamelessly copy/pasted:

B. Pre launch, guilds had ingame public and private forums on SWTOR. They need to come back. It was a great hub for communication. We ended up using facebook but not everyone wanted to use it.

C. It hurt that there was no guild mail, guild calender, or guild search feature. B. would have helped but in game is better.

ScarletBlaze
12.25.2012 , 02:32 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Angry_Android View Post
I am still fairly new to this and other mmos...can you explain the post above? How does a higher level player helping a lower level player hurt either? I'm not criticizing, i am legitmately curious about this...
Cuts their xp on the mobs down considerably.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR

franknelson
12.25.2012 , 02:42 PM | #13
bump to all that has already been stated.
Tachi'Koma - Sentinel
Kuiper - Sage
Lagunitas - Vangaurd

Angry_Android
12.25.2012 , 02:42 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by ScarletBlaze View Post
Cuts their xp on the mobs down considerably.
So if 2 lvl 20 players group with a lvl 50 player to do Athiss for example, the lvl20 players will accrue reduced xp for the run because the lvl50 player is there? As if the xp rewards are scaled to the highest leveled player??

Ikselent
12.25.2012 , 02:51 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Angry_Android View Post
So if 2 lvl 20 players group with a lvl 50 player to do Athiss for example, the lvl20 players will accrue reduced xp for the run because the lvl50 player is there? As if the xp rewards are scaled to the highest leveled player??
Yeah. Almost every MMO prevents you from just grouping a max-level character with low-level characters and going on a slaughterfest without some kind of reduced reward. However, most other games either:

A) Don't cut back the EXP so badly as to make it unviable, or;
B) Allow the high-level character to do some form of temporary level change and reduce their stats to that of a low level character.

x_XDeathX_x
12.25.2012 , 03:14 PM | #16
Thanks for all the great idea's with the guild functions, anyone else got idea's or would like to bump on the current postings
It Burns When I PVP - The Harbinger
Assassin - xxdeathxx

ViciousFett
12.25.2012 , 03:21 PM | #17
I don't really understand what this thread is protesting... You want more guild leader control features?

Honestly, this game's problems have nothing to do with guilds. It's almost 2013 and most MMOers are used to having robust games with many years of content. SWTOR is still too young, and of course players are going to get bored with it and move on. No amount of forum protesting will change that.
The Vicious Legacy
My referral link
CE VIP

Philastra
12.25.2012 , 03:22 PM | #18
Great ideas so far, and heres somthing i'd like to see which is guilds should have have the ability to be cross faction so that ppl can roll on either side and still share the guild chat and guild bank. I belive in doing this it would encourage ppl to try and play on the opposite faction and still be connected to your guild/friends.
It only takes one candle to scare away the dark, or just hire a Bounty Hunter....

LordArtemis
12.25.2012 , 03:27 PM | #19
As mentioned by a few folks before, I suggest the following...

1) Sidekick item that allows folks to downlevel so they may help other guild members when leveling.

2) Guild forums would be a great addition, as it existed in Beta.

3) Guild mail broadcast ability, an in game guild event calender, and a guild search feature like the Who feature.

4) A guild space station or capital ship that can be used as a base.

5) Guild experience boosts and reduced vendor costs based on Guild level (number of members)

6) The ability to declare war on another guild, based on a vote, allowing same faction open PVP against the enemy guild on sight.

x_XDeathX_x
12.25.2012 , 03:28 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by ViciousFett View Post
I don't really understand what this thread is protesting... You want more guild leader control features?

Honestly, this game's problems have nothing to do with guilsd. It's almost 2013 and most MMOers are used to having robust games with many years of content. SWTOR is still too young, and of course players are going to get bored with it and move on. No amount of forum protesting will change that.
We are protesting about the lack of guild functions. And your wrong with "No Amount of forum Protesting wiil change that" with enough attention and members that support this will see action but only when there is enough players to want changes. How do you think they learn and build on games lol, thats the reason they got these forums, to learn how to make it a better game and thats what im trying to focus on with a protest that we want change and help with keeping members in the guild. There is only so much a guild leader can do to keep the members interest but after running a operation 100 times or other types of events it gets kinda old and we need other things todo thats why im doing this again for things like guild ships, guild progression perks or guild leveling would be acouple great idea's suggested in earlier posts.

So, if your here to cut down this thread save the time and just dont post because we are only considered with players that want this game to grow and be better than what it is.

Sorry if this sounds rude in anyway, its not intended at all.
It Burns When I PVP - The Harbinger
Assassin - xxdeathxx