Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guild Protest

Kashard
12.31.2012 , 12:46 PM | #91
Guilds should be able to "level up" in a way by doing a certain guild oriented quest, daily or weekly, this would give the guild a unified goal, not every guild wants to grind the top end flashpoints/ops to uberise their gear, some want to just sociolize and giving a goal to do that would be amazing.
I use to be in a guild where we did dailies as a group or op, was fun and alot of chatting at the same time, often people helped even if they needed nothing just to chat and be involved.

The level could then be used to unlock certain benifits for the guild, like extra vault space, customise (craft area's/vendors, the same unlocks we get with legacy for our ships and even furniture could be added to change certain parts from the basic metal benches/imp/rep banners etc) a personal guild area with in the fleet etc, to many guilds are being rated for their ability to kill a top mob, but off raid times, no ones online as theirs no reason to be.

id also like Guild banners added to this game, even if its just put on a cloak like in some games it adds a sence of identity that just dont exsist in this game. People change guilds constantly or even just stay unguilded (even more common recently) and most wouldnt even notice. Stuff like that adds community. Gossip etc is missing and it has driven comminities offline as well as online for a very long time.
Hidden Beks (EU)
Republic:: Krissy - Sage / Wormhead - Smuggler / Pounder - Trooper / Samnite - Guardian
Imperial:: Dixomi - Mercenary

Darvus
01.22.2013 , 04:32 PM | #92
I like most of these ideas. Guilds could certainly use some love in this game.
"The weak deserve their fate..."

Darvus Sinister
Minions of Darkness

x_XDeathX_x
02.16.2013 , 08:52 AM | #93
Guild Functions FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It Burns When I PVP - The Harbinger
Assassin - xxdeathxx

ConradLionhart
02.16.2013 , 09:28 AM | #94
They should look into implementing guild levels and talents from WoW.

The_Raven_Lord
02.16.2013 , 12:42 PM | #95
Here are my thoughts.

STO got it right with their Fleet Starbases. Guild members have to contribute materials, money, and whatever else to their construction, and upgrades.

TOR could use a feature like this. Something to motivate guilds to work towards something more than just PvE progression, or endless PvP. With a system like the one STO has, guild members have something tangible to look at at say "This is how good we are, this is what we have achieved!"

Guild ships is a much requested feature. Put them in, and make us work towards them, by putting in crafting materials, credits, and whatever else. Have the inside of it reflect the content the guild has completed. Let them continue to upgrade the ship through continued progress, in future updates, ad more things the guild can work towards to improve their ship.

But beware not to make it to hard on casual guilds, PvP guilds, or PvE Guilds or RP guilds. The ship should reflect the content they are most interested in.

This is my suggestions, I also recommend more tools for guild leaders such as in game calendar, guild mail, and other such niceties to help make guilds feel more like a community.
Currently in an Imperial rehabilitation facility receiving treatment for WoW addiction.

VPhantomWarriorV
02.16.2013 , 01:40 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by opriv View Post
D. Guild halls.
This. Guild Halls and customizing them would be great. Maybe in Makeb or the next expansion, BW could add in player structures and all that like in SWG. Even if not all guild members had the expansion, some of us could go there and do all of the above.
Akuresh | Varuc