Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guild Protest

x_XDeathX_x
12.25.2012 , 11:28 AM | #1
Hey Everyone,

Addition to my other post, I would like to see if we came together as guild leaders and guild members and express our views on why the current system is failing us in this post. Please when you reply, tell us what function you want and why it would help your guild and its members to stay around, lets show them why they need more functions for the backbone of this game! Many might think this is pointless but im hoping with help from all of you... our voice will be heard strong, so bump this tread when you can, reply to this tread when you can, post this link on your guild websites, spread the word if you would to all members of the game to give there idea's and maybe with some group luck we can push some stuff onto them and make it a better game for all of us. My Goal is 1k + People post/sign and giving there idea's so lets see how many of you want more guild functions.

Thanks to all the players that really love the game and want to see it expand and make us want to stick around longer!
It Burns When I PVP - The Harbinger
Assassin - xxdeathxx

opriv
12.25.2012 , 12:21 PM | #2
I'll try and be constructive. I was a leader of a pre-launch guild that started with 35 members at launch. By the end of the second month 5 of us were still playing. We reinvented ourselves multiple times. In total, we had as many as 400 members who came and went with the rising and setting of the game.

When the first server merger happened, we were the largest active raiding guild on the server Juyo.

A. From a guild standpoint, there was a total disconnect with our lower levels. Unless you had an alt character who happened to be at the same level and near the same quest, it was always a hassle to group with new lower level guildmates. Grouping while leveling just never functioned. We would recruit many low level players and try and get them to group. It would last for a few levels, but once someone leveled ahead, it was over. To fix this would be some type of element that would allow a lvl 50 char to scale down levels when grouped with a lower level guild mate. This way, their exp would not be negatively impacted. It would also allow replay value to lower level content.

B. Pre launch, guilds had ingame public and private forums on SWTOR. They need to come back. It was a great hub for communication. We ended up using facebook but not everyone wanted to use it.

C. It hurt that there was no guild mail, guild calender, or guild search feature. B. would have helped but in game is better.

D. Guild halls, guild progression/ guild mini games. We never had a place to call our own. Other than flashpoints , raids, and some warzones, guilds really don't have much to do together. Yeah, there was some internal crafting but that system is very lackluster in this game. It would have helped to have had a place to plant our flag.

Guilds are about community. The stronger the community, the more likely people are going to invest time and money into this game.

Sadly, they know all this. They knew enough to have a guild summit and never really enhanced guilds beyond a bank. If they had a team working on guild or community features, they have produced nothing in the past year.

For the most part, my guild is inactive now. We just got sick of the same content. I figured out that we had run EC 64 times (mains and alts) since it had launched and we were waiting for new content.
Dark Order of Amaranth
PVE, East Time Zone, Ventrilio

MoFugga
12.25.2012 , 12:33 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by opriv View Post
To fix this would be some type of element that would allow a lvl 50 char to scale down levels when grouped with a lower level guild mate. This way, their exp would not be negatively impacted. It would also allow replay value to lower level content.
This would be the biggest help to this game. I haven't been in a guild for many months now since mine broke up and everyone quit the game, but the worst part was telling a guilde "If I come help you it will just hurt you more," and running my own new characters if someone asks if anyone needs help, having to say no simply because the xp loss would be far too great.

Quantum
12.25.2012 , 12:42 PM | #4
And In Game Calender for Guilds would help as well. More or less have a way to set up MOTD notices that become active on a specified date or repeat on regular intervals so that Planning can be done for Raids and Ops easier. Also increase the MOTD box on the Guild Window... it's tiny!

opriv
12.25.2012 , 12:45 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
And In Game Calender for Guilds would help as well. More or less have a way to set up MOTD notices that become active on a specified date or repeat on regular intervals so that Planning can be done for Raids and Ops easier. Also increase the MOTD box on the Guild Window... it's tiny!
It would have been awesome for players to have a calender that would have allowed them to sign up for running FP and OPS and it be an in game system.
Dark Order of Amaranth
PVE, East Time Zone, Ventrilio

bahdasz
12.25.2012 , 01:24 PM | #6
/signed

I am very much anti-guild, you have my vote.

Angry_Android
12.25.2012 , 01:30 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MoFugga View Post
This would be the biggest help to this game. I haven't been in a guild for many months now since mine broke up and everyone quit the game, but the worst part was telling a guilde "If I come help you it will just hurt you more," and running my own new characters if someone asks if anyone needs help, having to say no simply because the xp loss would be far too great.
I am still fairly new to this and other mmos...can you explain the post above? How does a higher level player helping a lower level player hurt either? I'm not criticizing, i am legitmately curious about this...

Nemmar
12.25.2012 , 01:33 PM | #8
OP, I'm glad to see feedback done in the proper form without threats and whinning.

I would like to see a guild leveling system.
We already know guild capital ships are coming. Some guild vs guild drills/warzones could be interesting with a ladder and nice bragging rights like titles or mounts at the end.

x_XDeathX_x
12.25.2012 , 02:14 PM | #9
Thank you all for your feedback lets try and keep the ball rolling on this topic, many are prolly reading this and wondering if there opinion matters well voicing what you want out of this game can help the dev's if they ever look at this topic if it gets enough attention from all of us as swtor gamers and will be noticed and read, so i ask each of you raise up! and post/comment on your idea's! your views of what could save the guilds from leaving! yes that means all of you reading this now, write up a post no matter if its been covered already tell us what your wants are as guild leaders and members.

So, again bump this thread, spread this word access the websites of our guilds and fellow gamers lets make sure they know what we want

Got kinda crazy there but I'm just trying to get our voice heard and get many of you into one part(thread)... so that (again) with enough interest and attention it can't go un-noticed.

Thanks to each of you that love this game and want to see it become something greater.
It Burns When I PVP - The Harbinger
Assassin - xxdeathxx

ScarletBlaze
12.25.2012 , 02:31 PM | #10
Allow grouping with lower levels. It makes it difficult with a level 50 that goes to level with a guild member. Need to fix this where it doesn't hurt the lower level xp.

Guild mail. In order to send mail to my members I have to send it individually to each member.

Guild halls or something in that line that belongs to the guild and not based it on how many members you have.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: A Time for Renewal[ https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/sK3jz376Zu8