Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Still waiting for key PVP features

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Still waiting for key PVP features

TandyUK's Avatar


TandyUK
12.25.2012 , 05:41 AM | #1
Way back early in 2012 at the guild summit,
Gabe told us about several key items that were in development.

First of all, we were told that you knew how important the ability to choose which warzones we queue for was, and that you would be adding facilities to do this.
I still do not have a way to NOT queue for huttball, which seriously degrades my gameplay experience.

Secondly we were told in quite good detail about the ranking systems for Team and Solo Ranked PVP.
This splits into 2 parts.
Firstly, When will SOLO Ranked PVP be added to the game.
Secondly, When will Season 1 of Team ranked PVP begin?

Can you confirm that these key features will be released in the ROTHC expansion,
And if not, WHY NOT.

I am sick of all the features we have been promised, and have bothered remaining a subscriber for, being shelved soon after we are told that these features are "coming soon".
Stop developing any new ideas until such time as all of the features we have been promised time and time again have actually been finished.

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
12.25.2012 , 08:43 AM | #2
At best i think there should be a voting screen for which warzone to play once all players are queued for a match, aside from that, I'm against being able to filter out certain warzones as it can and will slow down the queue's and certain group compositions will only queue for one type of warzone. As much as I hate warzones like CW and huttball, the current random warzone selection is good because it keeps variety in the games instead of just doing the same ones over and over again.

funkhouse's Avatar


funkhouse
12.25.2012 , 11:05 PM | #3
never going to happen. Get used to it. As is their answer to that is placing expertise stats to be the same for all pvp gear across the board. So only stats are truely different. They did pvp wrong at launch..dont expect them to get it right ever.

Macroeconomics's Avatar


Macroeconomics
12.26.2012 , 03:43 AM | #4
The game has changed a lot. In ways the devs did not expect. Whatever they said back then has zero relevance today. In particular....

>we were told that you knew how important the ability to choose which warzones we queue for was...

They will never split the lev 50 wz queue. As it is some servers only have 1 or 2 lev 50 matches going on at once. If you split the queue these servers might have zero lev 50 matches during regular daytime hours. Originally, I think they felt they might be able to split the wz queues once x-server was up and running. But we all know now that the Hero engine isn't capable of x-server, so.....

>Firstly, When will SOLO Ranked PVP be added to the game. Secondly, When will Season 1 of Team ranked PVP begin?

Firstly, no queue splitting. See above. Secondly, it is inconceivable that they would start Season 1 of ranked before the class balance changes in 1.7. And after that, it is inconceivable that they would have a Season 1 of ranked that lasted for only 2 months before the lev cap is lifted to 55. And after that they will need to rebalance classes to take into account r/l experience with the new lev 55 abilities. So....

>Stop developing any new ideas until such time as all of the features we have been promised time and time again have actually been finished.

While I can understand your mindset, the reality is that BW is trying to make money here. Actually fulfilling promises they made in the past to get your money in prior months is, well.....pointless since they already have your money! Instead it is much more profitable for them to make new promises to induce you and others to give them more money going forward. This is how software development/support works. Your only defense as a customer is to spend your money based on what is available now. Not based on what is promised in the future that may or may not transpire. And since it is *YOUR* money, you really can't blame anyone but yourself if someone promises you something in the future and you give them money for it now, with no recourse. Can you?

DarthMaulUK's Avatar


DarthMaulUK
12.26.2012 , 06:16 AM | #5
Bioware have been the masters of the 'carrot and stick approach' to try and keep the faithful playing the game.

After the awful Ancient Hypergate map, warzone lag, getting stuck in doors in voidstar, amongst a long list of age old problems, pvp clearly isn't a priority, or they need to give the code monkeys a new brand of banana.
to strive to seek, to find. And not to yield.

KettleBelll's Avatar


KettleBelll
12.26.2012 , 06:26 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK View Post
Bioware have been the masters of the 'carrot and stick approach' to try and keep the faithful playing the game.

After the awful Ancient Hypergate map, warzone lag, getting stuck in doors in voidstar, amongst a long list of age old problems, pvp clearly isn't a priority, or they need to give the code monkeys a new brand of banana.

You just shut your mouth - Ancient Hypergates is really fun!

DarthMaulUK's Avatar


DarthMaulUK
12.26.2012 , 06:49 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by KettleBelll View Post
You just shut your mouth - Ancient Hypergates is really fun!
You must play the Sims then and other mindless games if you think Ancient is 'fun'.
to strive to seek, to find. And not to yield.

cycao's Avatar


cycao
12.26.2012 , 07:20 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TandyUK View Post
Way back early in 2012 at the guild summit,
Gabe told us about several key items that were in development.

First of all, we were told that you knew how important the ability to choose which warzones we queue for was, and that you would be adding facilities to do this.
I still do not have a way to NOT queue for huttball, which seriously degrades my gameplay experience.
I never heard this would happen and i'm 100% against this. Knowing what warzone you will queue for gives an advantage to premades what isnt there right now. Imagine huttball with nothing but jugs, assassins, and sorcs or voidstar with nothing but smashers...no thanks.
Secondly we were told in quite good detail about the ranking systems for Team and Solo Ranked PVP.
This splits into 2 parts.
Firstly, When will SOLO Ranked PVP be added to the game.
Never a fan of solo queue for one reason and that is your ranking is controlled more by your random team...imagine a team heavy on healers or tanks or all dps and no tanks/healers. Players already complain about how random a group comp can be and people still want a solo rank and I think ranked should be for teams of 8 and thats it.
Secondly, When will Season 1 of Team ranked PVP begin?
only thing I care about.
Can you confirm that these key features will be released in the ROTHC expansion,
And if not, WHY NOT.

I am sick of all the features we have been promised, and have bothered remaining a subscriber for, being shelved soon after we are told that these features are "coming soon".
Stop developing any new ideas until such time as all of the features we have been promised time and time again have actually been finished.
So imho none of those are key features aside from season 1 but I think that will be out with the expansion but thats my guess.

NoaFlux's Avatar


NoaFlux
12.26.2012 , 10:17 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
At best i think there should be a voting screen for which warzone to play once all players are queued for a match, aside from that, I'm against being able to filter out certain warzones as it can and will slow down the queue's and certain group compositions will only queue for one type of warzone. As much as I hate warzones like CW and huttball, the current random warzone selection is good because it keeps variety in the games instead of just doing the same ones over and over again.
I don't like being able to choose warzones but voting would be fun if it was randomized. I mean I don't want to play the same new warzone all day either. When a new one would come out everyone would vote for that for like two weeks straight. But voting is good. But I love huttball. If this ruined huttball I would cry.