Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why people solo when they can group?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Why people solo when they can group?

Red_Ripper
01.06.2013 , 05:27 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by lokozar View Post
I played solo- and group-characters all the way to 50 and I have to say, not only did I get more money and loot solo, but I also was faster at level 50 than with the group characters. Makes me think those group benefits are a lie, buggy or simply to meager.

In any case that could be part of the problem.
It's not that the group benefits are a lie, its that if you're a decent person like me, and a decent player like me, you spend 50% of your time waiting for the other people/person to catch up to you whilst questing in a group; I finish quests MUCH faster playing solo with my companion.

Shipwright
01.06.2013 , 04:15 PM | #92
PUGs...just become progressively worse for me. At first they were ok generally but over time, they reached a point where the good was rare and the awful was common. Usually bad attitudes, though also plain stupid game play that made everything a disaster. So, no PUGs for me. I don't care if I don't do group content anymore, if it is no fun I can't see doing it.

I liked playing with friends a lot...but they tend to develope seperate interests...or, as many do, level at different rates and then loose interest in playing with lower level friends. I don't mind doing that at all..but many people do.

Then, many of my friends love PvP which I never do. Others are totally enamored of Ops...which I am not thrilled with.

Random group invites; I decline them. No idea what/why/who etc...and, as often as not, they are PvP flagged. I rolled on a PvE server cause i like pve and dislike pvp. Sorry but I am not getting flagged. On a pvp server sure..that is what is expected. On a pvp server I would not ask anyone to remove a pvp flag; likewise on a pve server, a player should not be somehow required, compelled, or demanded to wear a pvp flag if they don't want. Just common sense and courtesy in each case. I am purposely on a pve server, to play what I like, which does not include pvp or anything associated with it.

So, I have become a solo player almost entirely. It just goes smoother for me. I am here for fun and don't want aggravation or drama. Group content with friends was great...but anymore, that does not happen.

As it is I have more fun solo now.

BrianDavion
01.06.2013 , 05:12 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by internaty View Post
This really bug's mo.

When i am in a area questing and i see someone doing the EXACT same quest i useall invite them.
It offer's both of us extra xp and we dont fight over mobs.

But 90% of the time i get diclined.

Why?

Even if your not interested in turning in the quest togather grouping at the very least allow for mob sharing.

So explain to me why people outright refuse to group for a couple of min get the rewards then leave:S

It just doesnt make sense.
people reject random invites normally.

secondly grouping with people you don't know can sometimes be painful

RebelArch
01.07.2013 , 06:05 PM | #94
What server are you on? I love running planet missions in a group with voice chat. Makes it feel like 15 years ago with 4 controllers plugged into one console or some dice and a table!

oslek
01.08.2013 , 10:41 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Gidrea View Post
A random group invite is very annoying. I have auto-decline turned on for that very reason. I like helping people out, but I hate grouping up with a random, under geared person who expects me to do all the killing. And, like a lot of other people, I only group with my guild. Too many jerks out there in random groups.
This. Sorry, but my 10 years of MMO experience have taught me to find a good guild and shun most everyone else. Too many drama queens and special snowflakes are attracted to this genre and I try to weed as many of them out of my gaming experience as possible.

Nydus
01.08.2013 , 12:29 PM | #96
I personally accept invites but I think you have to understand that the demographic for this game is a bit different than other MMOs.

For example, I've convinced at least 2 other people to join the game and they quite enjoy it. But to them, they honestly treat it as a single player experience and get a little confused by the chat menu and requests they get.

These people aren't inexperienced with computer games, but this is their first MMO.

- Arcada
The Arcada Legacy (Ebon Hawk)
Ord'os (Lvl.55 Sorcerer), Naresa (Lvl.53 Operative), Jagrafess (Lvl.19 Marauder)
Nydus (Lvl.54 Shadow), Toclafane (Lvl.27 Guardian)

Belacose
01.08.2013 , 05:17 PM | #97
I usually keep my leveling toons on auto-decline.

I get my blood boiling enough in FP from ninja looters. Don't need to take a chance on that happening in open world. Seemed half the time the random inviter was somebody with gear up to 10 levels below their toon's so i guess they had no choice but to leach off somebody else...

If somebody messages me first asking for help I most often will. Random invites just piss me off, thus the auto-decline.

Dabrixmgp
01.08.2013 , 05:52 PM | #98
In every single MMO I have ever played if someone sends me a blind group or guild invite it gets declined and you go on ignore. Its not hard to say "Hey lets group up and kill these guys since we are doing the same quests" Only time I will blind invite or accept one is if a group of people are standing around a known respawn point for a quest mob. Also most people scatter when they get in a group anyways especially if they have 7+ quests queued up. Just not worth it cause everyone is still soloing.

MissKalunji
01.08.2013 , 09:55 PM | #99
Like most people say, main reason is the "style" of play with no communication....but if you do find someone that can at least communicate...it's rewarding.

Shwarzchild
01.09.2013 , 01:07 PM | #100
I typically don't group unless I need help, and in that case I'll put something up in Gen-Chat. If anyone randomly invites me to anything, I insta decline. I didn't use to do this, but there was one time that someone blindly invited me...I declined...he then proceeded to spam PM me saying he needs my help since I am a healer. I figure ok, I'll help you with a boss...something quick. Not true. He wanted me to help him through the entire planet. And, when I told him that I'm not going to help you through every single quest on this planet, he proceeded to curse me out. Obviously he ended up on my ignore list. Just knowing there are players out there like that make me refrain from accepting any blind invites, or a lot of invites to be honest outside of heroic mission groups. I just don't want to deal with it.